PDA

View Full Version : Dq Big Game Of The Week Sealy @ Cuero

ro_tex_solja
09-10-2005, 02:07 AM
im pretty excited about friday....high school extra will be partyin at our dairy queen...im gonna go see if i can get some camera time...wassup lol......but all the fun stuff aside lets talk about the game....sealy is having a down year but just like reeve says all the time....people are gonna play their best game against the #1 ranked team...what are yalls predictions on this game? I say sealy has a tough time scoring on our crazy defense and i say the score will be
Cuero 49
Sealy 7

SintonFan
09-10-2005, 02:11 AM
Why is this the "DQ game of the week?"
Cuero's gonna roll.:rolleyes:

ro_tex_solja
09-10-2005, 02:13 AM
i have no clue i think its pretty funny but cool....i have no clue why they would do it this week on cuero

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-10-2005, 02:16 AM
Im with you, why would they pick this game? 100% because of Cuero.
This game wont even be close, Cuero by 50!

SintonFan
09-10-2005, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja
i have no clue i think its pretty funny but cool....i have no clue why they would do it this week on cuero
Come on... we know your gonna have a "Beltbuster" or two. They're just looking to increase sales.:D

ro_tex_solja
09-10-2005, 02:21 AM
oh yeah man straight up i might catch a beltbuster and some tacos with a key lime blizzard....im hopin we will get some free stuff...lol

SintonFan
09-10-2005, 02:23 AM
might wanna rethink your poll then... might want to include your beltsize instead of a "Sealy blowout"...:D

ro_tex_solja
09-10-2005, 02:28 AM
yeah i wasnt really gonna even put sealy as a choice but i felt i had to make the poll even just so no one would start stuff
lol

SintonFan
09-10-2005, 02:30 AM
wanna make a bet toward Sinton now?
No beltbusters though, just Shiner Bocks.:D (ask Gobbla);)

strike hard
09-10-2005, 07:38 AM
Cuero by 21.

Gobbla2001
09-10-2005, 09:03 AM
They must have a really good games the rest of the year and decided to give Cuero some Camera time...

I crap you not, I've been watching the scoreboard for a lot of years now, and last year's 3rd round game against Sinton was the first time Cuero had been on Camera since their 1999 season opening win against Calallen...

Gobbla2001
09-10-2005, 09:05 AM
Actually it was the 3rd week of '99 season... #1 Sealy came to Cuero to take on #2 Cuero...

pirate4state
09-10-2005, 09:47 AM
maybe it is just me being a homerette :D, but I was hoping the Sinton/Cuero game would be DQ game of the week material. Guess not. :( OH WELL!! :hand: I know it will be a BIG game for area football fans. But I'm getting ahead of myself! :o First we gotta go to Beeville and contend w/ Soza and his crew. :)

Pmoney
09-10-2005, 09:49 AM
Cuero will slip by this 1 to get a win

crabman
09-10-2005, 09:49 AM
****THREAD PIRACY ALERT*****

Speaking of Dairy Queen, try out their enchiladas. Not many Dairy Queens have them but ours are really, really good.

Sorry to get off subject. :D

Gobbla2001
09-10-2005, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
maybe it is just me being a homerette :D, but I was hoping the Sinton/Cuero game would be DQ game of the week material. Guess not. :( OH WELL!! :hand: I know it will be a BIG game for area football fans. But I'm getting ahead of myself! :o First we gotta go to Beeville and contend w/ Soza and his crew. :)

I have to believe Sinton/Cuero is better material for the game of the week... but they must have a bigger one that week or something...

Gobbla2001
09-10-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by crabman

Speaking of Dairy Queen, try out their enchiladas. Not many Dairy Queens have them but ours are really, really good.

Yah, they're pretty dern good... had the Mexican Plate a few times in my day (obviously), but I gotta go with that steak-finger basket, man...

District303aPastPlayer
09-10-2005, 09:53 AM

i am with you. I for sure thought that our game would be the game of the week, but isnt that the week Denton Ryan plays on TV or something? oh well...

CHS_CG
09-10-2005, 09:55 AM

:doh: lol

ill be sure to try them

sealy#23
09-10-2005, 11:06 AM
All i can say is one thing HATERS!!!

hata_hurta06
09-10-2005, 11:35 AM
cuero by 123

District303aPastPlayer
09-10-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by sealy#23
All i can say is one thing HATERS!!!

naa.. we are just realists... i say cuero by at least 30

gobblerfan02
09-10-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i am with you. I for sure thought that our game would be the game of the week, but isnt that the week Denton Ryan plays on TV or something? oh well... Alright everyone, it's simple, the only reason that they picked this game to be the DQ game of the week is due to the great history of teams and rivalry between these two schools, back in the 90's sealy beat cuero all four times I believe on the way to their championships...just two big names in 3a football, that's all it is...BUT I DO AGREE NEXT WEEK WILL BE A BETTER GAME!

gobblerfan02
09-10-2005, 01:12 PM
THE ONE AGAINST SINTON THAT IS!:D

ro_tex_solja
09-10-2005, 03:43 PM
im goin to be partyin at dairy queen all friday....i heard high school extra is giving out free plasmas to the first people to eat lunch at dairy queen on friday

ro_tex_solja
09-12-2005, 12:10 AM
i wish reeve would just let cuero air it out the whole game that way they can drop 50 a game...that would awesome

SintonFan
09-12-2005, 12:16 AM
I think Cuero should take this by 16+...

ro_tex_solja
09-12-2005, 12:36 AM
i think noack will have another great game passing...but i still think at times the play calling is conservative because passing is all day with noack and i would like to see them drop 50 a game...
i predict noack to throw for 200-250 yards

TheTK56
09-12-2005, 08:55 AM
game of the week thats what im talking about. sealy is gonna be ready to play. we arent gonna be no pushover.

hata_hurta06
09-12-2005, 09:07 AM
good luck sealy

sealystarter20
09-12-2005, 09:22 AM
man yall al just think sealy is gonna just go out there and get stomped. ha yall got another thing coming. im not saying that we will kill them but im just saying that they better take us seriously. and what makes u think that yall can pass on us thats funny.

44INAROW
09-12-2005, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by sealystarter20
and what makes u think that yall can pass on us thats funny.

Been reading the paper lately??

Still predicting a closer than expected game, and I'm hoping we air it out more just for that comment :p

rhs78
09-12-2005, 10:25 AM
I hate to go against D-20 but Cuero by at least 2 tds, Sealy will come to play,but this is not the Sealy of old,and they are playing in Cuero. After last weeks nailbiter i think the Goblers roll in this one. the offense and defense put it all together friday for Cuero. Good luck to both teams

ro_tex_solja
09-12-2005, 11:02 AM
man yall al just think sealy is gonna just go out there and get stomped. ha yall got another thing coming. im not saying that we will kill them but im just saying that they better take us seriously. and what makes u think that yall can pass on us thats funny.

since your one of those football players that post on here and play at the same time im gonna be watchin u number 20.....why wouldnt we have the right to think that??? Anytime we want to throw the ball and score we always can...just like 44inarow said i hope noack throws for 300 just for your comment

LogieJoeBean001
09-12-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by hata_hurta06
cuero by 123

There ya go being ridiculous again. Would the four of ya'll grow up and quit embarrassing us around here! If ya have something to say, say it without sounding stupid, otherwise.........:be quiet flamingma :foul:

LogieJoeBean001
09-12-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Alright everyone, it's simple, the only reason that they picked this game to be the DQ game of the week is due to the great history of teams and rivalry between these two schools, back in the 90's sealy beat cuero all four times I believe on the way to their championships...just two big names in 3a football, that's all it is...BUT I DO AGREE NEXT WEEK WILL BE A BETTER GAME!

This last week's would've been a better game!

LogieJoeBean001
09-12-2005, 11:38 AM

Because they can spell and use proper grammar!

cjeffsjeep
09-12-2005, 12:42 PM
Where can i find info about this

BTEXDAD
09-12-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja
This would have been game of year back in mid or late 1990s, but not anymore. Sealy will struggle (greatly).

ro_tex_solja
09-12-2005, 03:03 PM
maybe they know reeves gameplan for this game and they want to be in cuero for this game because they think noack is goin to throw for 400 yards..maybe who knows

ro_tex_solja
09-12-2005, 08:37 PM
does anyone know what time they will be at dairy queen on friday?

crabman
09-12-2005, 09:23 PM
I don't think they broadcast from Dairy Queen. There are no plasma TV's or t-shirts given away. Dairy Queen is the "SPONSOR".

Wesley, what number will Random Hero be sporting this week? He needs to have his "throwback" jersey #19. Instead of Dason Jackson it should be Clint Finley. Just a thought.

Gobbla2001
09-12-2005, 09:53 PM
Heck nah... he needs to sport #71... that Zimmerman feller, whoever that was ;) :D

crabman
09-12-2005, 09:56 PM
Heck nah... he needs to sport #71... that Zimmerman feller, whoever that was

I've heard of that guy. Pulled a hammy running through the sign at halftime.

Gobbla2001
09-12-2005, 09:58 PM
I've heard of that guy. Pulled a hammy running through the sign at halftime.

NOOOO...

He pulled and shot through the first hole past the center and laid a nice block on an all-state 2nd/3rd stringer (please catch my sarcasm) :D

maroogreen
09-12-2005, 10:49 PM
Dairy Queen is the sponsor of the game of the week, and they have filmed footbal players/cheerleaders eating at DQ before the game in the past. They will also follow players around school during the day to get the "flavor" of Cuero High School, etc.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-13-2005, 02:45 PM
Next weeks game with Sinton sould have been the DQ game, not the Sealy Blow-out!!!!!!!!

RiverRat19
09-13-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Why is this the "DQ game of the week?"
Cuero's gonna roll.:rolleyes:

Yeah, if Cuero is in the DQ game of the week it should be next week....... Oh, someone beat me to it.

The DQ, Subway, McDonald's and Whataburger there are fine but not the Church's... awful.... don't let anyone eat there.

44INAROW
09-13-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by RiverRat19
Yeah, if Cuero is in the DQ game of the week it should be next week....... Oh, someone beat me to it.

The DQ, Subway, McDonald's and Whataburger there are fine but no the Church's... awful.... don't let anyone eat there.

Have you ever eaten @ KN DRIVE IN ? GOOD FOOD.. Open weekdays until 7pm - closed on the weekends..

oops the above might be considered THREAD PIRACY - but it is good info :) :hairpunk:

ro_tex_solja
09-13-2005, 05:21 PM
I don't think they broadcast from Dairy Queen. There are no plasma TV's or t-shirts given away. Dairy Queen is the "SPONSOR".

Wesley, what number will Random Hero be sporting this week? He needs to have his "throwback" jersey #19. Instead of Dason Jackson it should be Clint Finley. Just a thought.

my bad crabman i always thought that when i watched high school extra they were at the dairy queen of that town with cheerleaders and everyone....they are goin to be at the pep rally i heard though....do u know if thats true crabman???? I have no clue whose number he is wearing this week......he said mine because sealy was my best game last year and i had alot of tackles so he wants to go throwback me but i dont really want him to do that....i kinda want him to go noack

nexfan
09-13-2005, 05:42 PM
I know you arent supposed to predict games off of previous scores, but Sealy beat Needville by 3. Just off of that and our game against them last year. I will safely predict Cuero to win by 3 TD's. P.S. If Cuero plays Columbia again, feel free to pass on us all night becuse if you do, you will likely win. We gave up 245 yards passing and 3 touchdowns last week.....to one receiver. He is cold and a definite D1 player, very exciting to watch. Good luck to both teams.

gobblerfan02
09-13-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by nexfan
I know you arent supposed to predict games off of previous scores, but Sealy beat Needville by 3. Just off of that and our game against them last year. I will safely predict Cuero to win by 3 TD's. P.S. If Cuero plays Columbia again, feel free to pass on us all night becuse if you do, you will likely win. We gave up 245 yards passing and 3 touchdowns last week.....to one receiver. He is cold and a definite D1 player, very exciting to watch. Good luck to both teams.
Nice try nex fan, we will hafta mix up our running game with a little play action......your necks aren't that bad of a team now! We can discuss this further when the time (week) comes!:D

nexfan
09-13-2005, 06:02 PM
Nice try nex fan, we will hafta mix up our running game with a little play action......your necks aren't that bad of a team now! We can discuss this further when the time (week) comes!:D

I didnt say we were a bad team. I think we can beat anybody in 3a on any given friday. We should be 3-0 but due to a lack of production in the secondary we are 2-1. I know we can run on score on anyone. We just miss our big three defensive playmakers from last year. It showed last friday. I still think Cuero will handily beat Sealy. My best friends grandfather is the mayor of Cuero and I really like that city. I have been there many times. I just hope we dont have to play again in the first round, because no matter who wins a great team goes home.

gobblerfan02
09-13-2005, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by nexfan
I didnt say we were a bad team. I think we can beat anybody in 3a on any given friday. We should be 3-0 but due to a lack of production in the secondary we are 2-1. I know we can run on score on anyone. We just miss our big three defensive playmakers from last year. It showed last friday. I still think Cuero will handily beat Sealy. My best friends grandfather is the mayor of Cuero and I really like that city. I have been there many times. I just hope we dont have to play again in the first round, because no matter who wins a great team goes home.
I agree, at least one good team will go home early!

NHSRattler60
09-13-2005, 06:26 PM
Cuero, hands down. And from the looks of it, Sealy might have some eligibility problems. Let's hope none of the players have typing classes.

gobblerfan02
09-13-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by NHSRattler60
Cuero, hands down. And from the looks of it, Sealy might have some eligibility problems. Let's hope none of the players have typing classes. OUCH, that could hurt!

NHSRattler60
09-13-2005, 06:30 PM
EDIT

GreenGobbla
09-13-2005, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by NHSRattler60
Cuero, hands down. And from the looks of it, Sealy might have some eligibility problems. Let's hope none of the players have typing classes.

man, he didnt have to do them that bad...

SintonFan
09-13-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Next weeks game with Sinton sould have been the DQ game, not the Sealy Blow-out!!!!!!!!
I heard that the DQ in Sinton had slow sales and even though DQ knew this should be the game of the week, they decided that Cuero's DQ should be rewarded based upon sales of beltbusters and finger baskets.

;)

CueroGobblers
09-13-2005, 09:05 PM
hey whats up room!!! Im glad im finally on here. Hey we should not take ne game or team lightly. We should treat them like if they are undefeated. Every team has talent and practice hard all week. Good luck CueroGobblers this week against Sealy. I also think that Sinton vs. Cuero should have been the game of the week, but Cuero will have two gms back to back that will be gm of the week. First things first SEALY. SEE ya there and GIT R DONE!!!!!!!!!!!:D

ro_tex_solja
09-13-2005, 10:48 PM
cuero defense is gonna be awesome once again......not to take anything away from noack and the offense but my favorite thing about this team is the def...they are so fast and they fly around that they are enjoying to watch...i like to see who is gonna have the biggest hit....i hope i dont get arrested but im gonna walk in dairy queen friday naked.....im gonna have a full football suit painted on im gonna paint my upper body like a jersey and the bottom is gonna be pants

schu1213
09-13-2005, 11:01 PM
Why does everyone think that Sinton and Cuero should have been big game of the week? That will be jsut as bad as the Sealy game. Where they should have been was at Wharton last week.

SintonFan
09-14-2005, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by schu1213
Why does everyone think that Sinton and Cuero should have been big game of the week? That will be jsut as bad as the Sealy game. Where they should have been was at Wharton last week.
Sinton has a better DQ(thats Dairy Queen to those less educated) than Wharton. More steak baskets sold in Sinton than Wharton. That's all there is to it.:)
glad to see you back ro12shooshoo13solder...
:p :D

schu1213
09-14-2005, 01:10 AM
Lol I good point. Now I see why they didnt pick last week.

SintonFan
09-14-2005, 01:16 AM
Lol I good point. Now I see why they didnt pick last week.
According to DQ.com Sealy had the 15th best DQ and Sinton had the 16th best DQ in the state! :)
forgive me Sinton DQ workers.
I'm gonna take all kinds of heat now... :o

schu1213
09-14-2005, 01:19 AM
Yeah but Cuero has the #1 dq manager in the state, a young woman by the name of mrs green. That was the deciding factor in choosing the big game of the week. She sealed the deal for cuero.

SintonFan
09-14-2005, 01:24 AM
Yeah but Cuero has the #1 dq manager in the state, a young woman by the name of mrs green. That was the deciding factor in choosing the big game of the week. She sealed the deal for cuero.
No doubt you have no relation to her right?
I heard..
Cuero's DQ should be rewarded based upon sales of beltbusters and finger baskets.

jmcgee
09-14-2005, 01:24 AM
Do you know how crazy that would be if Sealy upset Cuero.

SintonFan
09-14-2005, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by jmcgee
:eek:

RiverRat19
09-14-2005, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Have you ever eaten @ KN DRIVE IN ? GOOD FOOD.. Open weekdays until 7pm - closed on the weekends..

Is that the place on the way to the stadium? I have driven by there a number of times and it is either really busy or closed.

44INAROW
09-14-2005, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by RiverRat19
Is that the place on the way to the stadium? I have driven by there a number of times and it is either really busy or closed.

You got it.. across the street from Subway.. Gotta get there before 7 PM.. and closed on the weekends.. Excellent Food.. and Rootbeer in a frosted mug :)

BTEXDAD
09-14-2005, 09:36 AM
Sinton has a better DQ(thats Dairy Queen to those less educated) than Wharton. More steak baskets sold in Sinton than Wharton. That's all there is to it.:)
glad to see you back ro12shooshoo13solder...
:p :D

I've been trying to find the website that rates DQs. Can you help me, sintonfan?
I travel some, so I like to check out the top eating spots.

RiverRat19
09-14-2005, 09:51 AM
You got it.. across the street from Subway.. Gotta get there before 7 PM.. and closed on the weekends.. Excellent Food.. and Rootbeer in a frosted mug :)

I thought so. I will try to check it out the next chance I get...

SintonFan
09-14-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
I've been trying to find the website that rates DQs. Can you help me, sintonfan?
I travel some, so I like to check out the top eating spots.
Sorry. I had it here but I can't find it now...:doh:

gobblerfan02
09-14-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by jmcgee
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....don't give the tiger fans any suggestions!!!!!!!!!!:D

BTEXDAD
09-15-2005, 08:34 AM

Try to find it back. I'm anxious to get it.

BTEXDAD
09-15-2005, 08:56 AM

on a more serious (and truthful) question. I know sinton and cuero play, but haven't heard where.
Daughter has v-ball game early, but Bellville has bye in football. Wouldn't mind seeing you guys if game in Cuero. In Sinton, a little too far.

pirate4state
09-15-2005, 08:59 AM
on a more serious (and truthful) question. I know sinton and cuero play, but haven't heard where.
Daughter has v-ball game early, but Bellville has bye in football. Wouldn't mind seeing you guys if game in Cuero. In Sinton, a little too far. sorry, its in Sinton. :(

SintonFan
09-15-2005, 12:23 PM

lol
That reminded me of the Phil Henry show back some time when a Canadian called in because someone in Miami did a poll and said 80% of Canadians were nose pickers and Phil told the guy to push 3 for the truth and 4 for a false answer. lol The guy kept pushing the buttons on the phone to get his answers. Classic!
:D
sorry about the thread piracy...:(

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-15-2005, 04:54 PM
Whats up with this tread? Look like it sould have been called Who,s Dairy Queen has the best food! There is more talk about Hungerbusters then Cuero Gobblers and the Sealy Tigers. Looks like people are thinking a Cuero blow-out, look like they might be right!!!!

ro_tex_solja
09-15-2005, 05:10 PM
lol yeah i think as easy as we will win your brahmas have a cakewalk against a horrible yoakum team....lol

gobblerfan02
09-15-2005, 05:33 PM
sorry, its in Sinton. :( Are ya gonna finally give in and let me sign the dang flag next friday???? I'm not gonna drive to Sinton all the way from SA for nothing now!

GreenGobbla
09-15-2005, 06:18 PM
im not driving all the way too sinton for nothin, i want to sign the flag...and i guess watch the game too

Ranger Mom
09-15-2005, 06:20 PM
Are ya gonna finally give in and let me sign the dang flag next friday???? I'm not gonna drive to Sinton all the way from SA for nothing now!

I will have BOTH flags there...you get 2 for the price of 1 this game.....and oh yeah..you get to see me again!!:inlove:

GreenGobbla
09-15-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I will have BOTH flags there...you get 2 for the price of 1 this game.....and oh yeah..you get to see me again!!:inlove:

i dont think i have ever seen you, so do i get to also....yay

Ranger Mom
09-15-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
i dont think i have ever seen you, so do i get to also....yay

I was at the Cuero/West OSO game...were you?

GreenGobbla
09-15-2005, 06:27 PM
yes, actually i was, but right after the game was over, i left with some friends so.....but im lookin forward to meeting you at the sinton/cuero game

gobbler grad
09-15-2005, 07:27 PM
Excellent Food.. and Rootbeer in a frosted mug :)

YUM-YUM...:thumbsup:

cat dog horse
09-15-2005, 09:11 PM
ro tex you should've gone to the 8th grade A team game....sealy had a cold squad...cuero was losing 21-0 at half time

CueroGobblers
09-15-2005, 10:00 PM
Hey sinton fans what ever happened to Julian Ruiz or Marcus Charles? Those two were real fast running backs.

pirate4state
09-16-2005, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by CueroGobblers
Hey sinton fans what ever happened to Julian Ruiz or Marcus Charles? Those two were real fast running backs. Ummmm, I think Julian is at school somewhere (not playing football :( ) and MC got into trouble. :doh: