PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City wins by 28 points again for second week.

Old Cardinal
09-10-2005, 12:07 AM
Outside of a nifty fake- punt- pass on a 4th and 28 yards situation and a blocked punt setup, BC pretty well controlled the ballgame tonight. I am impress as to how well the 2nd teams handled themselves in these first two ballgames of the season. Sometimes that depth can be important as the season wears on.
LC-M beat Orangefield 21-8 according to local radio. They(LCM) are big and have a good new Coach and have been somewhat impressive thus far this year. We will see next week. One thing about our Orange County neighbor is that they will come to play each year. Someone said Silsbee & Jasper lost tonight...is that a fact?

pirate4state
09-10-2005, 12:31 AM
Sports Extra had Bridge City losing tonight? :confused: Even had highlights, *shrugs* what's the story?

NVM - Sports Extra just corrected themselves! :rolleyes: Congrats on the WIN BC!! Should've just taken Old Card's post to heart!! ;) :D

Old Cardinal
09-10-2005, 12:55 AM
It was probably just a hoax, it has happened occasionally. That is why I sometimes state things like "according to local radio".

RBARKER
09-10-2005, 11:31 AM
BC is looking good thus far. Congrats Cardinals

MtnAg
09-10-2005, 06:38 PM
Last year after they got waxed by BC they allowed several kids to return to the team after they had been kicked off. What will they do now?

Old Cardinal
09-10-2005, 07:33 PM
Bridge City may have a much better team than any of us have projected. I see Cleveland, Newton, Kirbyville, & Liberty having success and I have seen how BC played successfully against them in scrimmages and preseason games.
It always amazes me how BC seems to always beat up on the Wildcats--this goes back for many many years. I look for the Wildcats to do fine in their District again this year; however, it may be that that District is not quite as strong as last season.
Kirbyville has some skill but last night it was a matter that BC was playing poised like a mid-season good 3A team.l
I think they may have the best QB and Tailback in the 24-3A District.

To RBARKER: Man BH, BC, and several others are doing a number on folks thusfar. I now look for a serious meetup in postseason that may have serious implications. I see Huffman and maybe H-J and Cleveland upsetting some over-confident folks this year...

Goldenstick
09-11-2005, 02:19 AM
It should be a pretty good game between BC and LC-M (4a) next week. I think BC will pull off the win but LC-M looks like they are a lot better coached than they have been the past few years. I'll say BC 28 - 10