PDA

View Full Version : Vernon inches away from Huge upset

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-09-2005, 11:50 PM
Vernon lost a game that should have been won here in Vernon tonight. Wichita Falls Old High beats Vernon 35-24. Vernon has the ball with 5 minutes to go with a 2nd and inches on the goal line -- Score was VHS 24 Old High 27. The QB fumbles and Old High gets the ball. Vernon stops them however on the next possession the Lions throw a lateral pass and the back doesn't catch it, Old High scoops it up for a 55 yard TD to put the game at 35-24. Had Vernon scored instead of fumbling I think they win this game. Old High is a 4A school that is annual play off contender. Vernon's offense looked much improved as they used a new formation tonight. Defense gave up two huge plays that went for 60 plus yards each. they have to work on contain but overall Vernon looked good tonight.

Vernon should at least be competitive next week at Abilene and I will be in attendance at that game!

VWG
09-10-2005, 10:21 AM
No more wing -T offense for the Lions?

Da Mules
09-10-2005, 07:41 PM
what year was it that Vernon fumbled the ball away and came within inches (well, a couple of yards) of winning the state championship. So ya got a tradition there ;)

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-10-2005, 08:04 PM
Vernon ran a little wing T but mostly ran with two TE's and out of the I. It helped having that extra TE to block. 31 carries for 168 out of our HB.

Vernon fumbled on the goal line against Southlake in a regional final. We lost that game.