Matthew328
09-09-2005, 11:21 PM
nm

bleedgreen
09-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Ooooooh

Leopards,class of 75
09-09-2005, 11:51 PM
A very large crowd at the game. Tons of flags in this game, but still a good game tonight.

Bigbuck
09-10-2005, 12:18 AM
Gainesville huge O-line just over powered the Eagles on defense. Their qb was able to make some big runs. Decaturs offense could never get it goin in the first half. Decatur made it interesting in the third to make it an 8 point game, but then G-ville took it over. They got a good ball club.

NateDawg39
09-10-2005, 01:12 AM
I hope my eagles dont let this put them down for the next game. They have Graham next and they can play some ball just as good as Gainesville. Get ready for a dog fight Eagles. Everybody knows you will face either of these teams in the 2nd round.

HighSchool Fan
09-10-2005, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
d they can play some ball just as good as Gainesville.

if they were just as good it would of been closer game.

MARLINDOGS
09-10-2005, 06:40 AM
Congratulations Gainesville.

Roll'em up
09-10-2005, 08:21 AM
HSF pull you nose out of there for a minute. Nate isn't talking about Decatur, he's talking about Graham.

HighSchool Fan
09-10-2005, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Roll'em up
HSF pull you nose out of there for a minute. Nate isn't talking about Decatur, he's talking about Graham.

then if he's saying graham is as good as gainesville, it looks like another whoopin for decatur

NateDawg39
09-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Hsf if you saw the stats then you would know Decatur lost three starters on Defense in the 1st half. Two of them had sprains and one with a possible broken ankle. We also had three or four fumbles that turned into TD's for Gainesville. So if Decatur can hold on to the ball next week it will be a close game. Dont think that im saying Gainesville would not have scored anyways but i think it would have been a little bit of a better game

HighSchool Fan
09-10-2005, 04:49 PM
Hsf if you saw the stats then you would know Decatur lost three starters on Defense in the 1st half. Two of them had sprains and one with a possible broken ankle. We also had three or four fumbles that turned into TD's for Gainesville. So if Decatur can hold on to the ball next week it will be a close game. Dont think that im saying Gainesville would not have scored anyways but i think it would have been a little bit of a better game

injuries?? you mean that has an effect on the outcome of a game?? i remember alot of decatur people saying that's just an excuse for losing last year when purvey was sick with the flu in 1st game. gainesville had some to's last year as well. no need to make excuses, as decatur fans said last year, the better team won.

NateDawg39
09-10-2005, 04:58 PM
Of course it has an effect of a game...If you lose two guys who started for 3 years now and a sophmore starter then yeah it hurts morale for others. Oh by the way im not using an excuse im pointing out the obvious. If yall lost your all-state linebackers then yall would be hurt inside. Right now G-ville is the better team i already said that. Now stop arguing with everybody, i hear complaints from lots of people about you and your trash talking.

HighSchool Fan
09-10-2005, 05:00 PM
i hear complaints from lots of people about you and your trash talking.

:rolleyes:

Leopards,class of 75
09-10-2005, 05:58 PM
You never know, there just might be another rematch just like last season. As i said before, both teams will get better as the year goes by.

Roll'em up
09-10-2005, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
injuries?? you mean that has an effect on the outcome of a game?? i remember alot of decatur people saying that's just an excuse for losing last year when purvey was sick with the flu in 1st game. gainesville had some to's last year as well. no need to make excuses, as decatur fans said last year, the better team won.

I guess Purvey was sick when he laid it down on the field at Carrol Stadium last season. Decatur was a better team last season, and posssibly gainesville is the better team this season. I just would hate to lose with the talent gainesville had last season or better yet this season. Yes injuries do play a major factor, but would you prefer to replace a Purvey with a Hewitt who is very skilled at his position, or backup in a position that he is unfamiliar with, which is the case with Decatur on Friday night. There are no excuses here. Gainesville did beat decatur, but they can also say that no one laid it down as Purvey did last season.

Keith7
09-11-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Roll'em up
I guess Purvey was sick when he laid it down on the field at Carrol Stadium last season. Decatur was a better team last season, and posssibly gainesville is the better team this season. I just would hate to lose with the talent gainesville had last season or better yet this season. Yes injuries do play a major factor, but would you prefer to replace a Purvey with a Hewitt who is very skilled at his position, or backup in a position that he is unfamiliar with, which is the case with Decatur on Friday night. There are no excuses here. Gainesville did beat decatur, but they can also say that no one laid it down as Purvey did last season.

You are retarded, and there is no need to call out purvey, if you knew the injuries, and off the field (familywise) stuff he went thru last season you would be amazed he was even on the field.. Purvey IS and WAS a warrior, something that you thought you saw in one game is not enough evidence to say he just "laid it down".. What I saw was ALOT of heart from Decatur, even when Gainesville was starting to pull away and was putting the finishing touches on the game Decatur was still playing every down like they were going to come back, and that takes alot.. You guys can talk all about last year if you want, you guys can even make fun of Gainesville for last year, but you guys have a team with alot of heart, and should be excited about what they are going to do in the future instead of dwelling on your underachieving season of a year ago

Roll'em up
09-11-2005, 01:03 PM
You are retarted :weeping:

Underwater Basketweaver
09-11-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
You are retarted, and there is no need to call out purvey, if you knew the injuries, and off the field (familywise) stuff he went thru last season you would be amazed he was even on the field.. Purvey IS and WAS a warrior, something that you thought you saw in one game is not enough evidence to say he just "laid it down".. What I saw was ALOT of heart from Decatur, even when Gainesville was starting to pull away and was putting the finishing touches on the game Decatur was still playing every down like they were going to come back, and that takes alot.. You guys can talk all about last year if you want, you guys can even make fun of Gainesville for last year, but you guys have a team with alot of heart, and should be excited about what they are going to do in the future instead of dwelling on your underachieving season of a year ago

Well said Keith. Gainesville played a heck of a game the other night. Decatur needs to move on. It's not going to change, and we still have seven more games plus to play.