PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill 49, Hutto 40

LH Panther Mom
09-09-2005, 10:59 PM
Man, what a game! And it's on Friday Football Fever as I type! :D Jeremy Kerley can pass! :eek: We stayed behind all the first half, until just before the break. The lead was a flip-flop for a while. Once we took the lead for good, in the 4th, it was all over for the Hippos. Way to go Panthers!!!!! District 19, you better watch out! :clap: :clap:

ILS1, it was great to meet you!

LHMom
09-09-2005, 11:49 PM
Panthers - congrats on the win. Way to fight for it.

bulldogman06
09-09-2005, 11:57 PM
Congratulations LH. Way to represent the district!

MARLINDOGS
09-10-2005, 12:24 AM
Congratulations LH.

Chris Hart
09-10-2005, 12:41 AM
Congrats Panthers! I had a feeling the Hippos would be tough...:)

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2005, 12:48 AM
I wish I had known ODG was there....I was right behind where he sat for a while.

SintonFan
09-10-2005, 01:46 AM
Congratulations on the win Liberty Hill!
Keep those wins coming(you too Burnet!)!;)

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2005, 08:06 AM
Liberty Hill 49, Hutto 40
Panthers' ground game keys win over Hippos.

Saturday, September 10, 2005

LIBERTY HILL — Panther Stadium was supposed to be Hutto's proving ground on Friday. After easily dispatching Travis and Vista Ridge to start the year 2-0, the Hippos were set for a major upgrade in competition with a trip to Liberty Hill.

That's exactly what they got — and then some.

The Panthers used their powerful running game to outlast Hutto 49-40 and prove something themselves.

"We had a bad taste in our mouth after that Burnet game," Liberty Hill Coach Jerry Vance said of last week's loss. "I'm real pleased with how we bounced back."

Liberty Hill's option offense racked up 445 yards on the ground. Chief among a host of rushers was Casey Kocuiba, who ran for 171 yards. He added a 2-point conversion off of a blocked point and forced a fumble late in the game, with Hutto driving.

"We made a lot of yards on the ground — that's our game plan," Vance said.

The Panthers clinched the game through the air. With 7:49 left in the game and Liberty Hill (2-1) holding a 42-40 lead, quarterback Brent Bode slipped a roll-out, play-action pass to tight end Chris Luckey, who was crossing from the other side of the field. Luckey broke one tackle and outraced two defenders for the final margin of victory.

The Hippos (2-1) threatened to roll through the Panthers like they had their two previous opponents in the early going. Hutto took the opening kickoff and drove 74 yards in 11 plays, taking the first 6:06 off the clock. Dominque Phelps kept the drive alive when he fought through three tackles on a reception for a 7-yard gain to convert a third-and-five. Garrett Beshears capped the drive off with a 1-yard plunge for a 6-0 lead.

Hutto led 19-9 and had the opportunity to take control of the game after picking off Bode's first pass. The Panthers stopped that, though, by intercepting Jeremy Kerley on the next play. Kocuiba scored from 27 yards out less than two minutes later to make the score 19-16, and the shootout was on.

"Obviously, we didn't stop the run well," Hutto Coach Lee Penland said. "We did a real poor job of stopping the trap. If we can stop that one play, we might win by 21. They have a great system that they've been using for years and they have a bunch of kids that know how to run it."

— Mark Swanson

story (http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/highschools/Liberty_Hill.html)

olddawggreen
09-10-2005, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I wish I had known ODG was there....I was right behind where he sat for a while.

Huh? That must have been my other brother Bill ;) :D Crongrats on a great game!

AP Panther Fan
09-10-2005, 08:55 AM
Congratulations LHPM, Liberty Hill players and fans! Lots of scoring going on there from both teams! Sounds like it was a great game!:)

sinton66
09-10-2005, 10:19 AM
Congrats Panthers. Ya gotta have heart!.;)

Modest Man
09-10-2005, 10:50 AM
did you raise the downlow flag after the panthers won?

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Modest Man
did you raise the downlow flag after the panthers won?

I didn't have the flag, or I would've. :)

Modest Man
09-10-2005, 11:42 AM
haha

just curious. ILS do you go to all the Hutto games?

GreenMonster
09-10-2005, 11:55 AM
Again, I have to ask. Do they even bother to teach them boys any defense down there in LH???? Geez you guys give up 40 on a weekly basis.

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Again, I have to ask. Do they even bother to teach them boys any defense down there in LH???? Geez you guys give up 40 on a weekly basis.

I'm gonna be nice here (for a change). :p

Chris Hart
09-10-2005, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Again, I have to ask. Do they even bother to teach them boys any defense down there in LH???? Geez you guys give up 40 on a weekly basis. Scoring 49 points and giving up 40 is still better than scoring 10 and giving up 27, correct?:D

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2005, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Scoring 49 points and giving up 40 is still better than scoring 10 and giving up 27, correct?:D

:clap: :D Thank you! :kiss:

sicem74
09-10-2005, 01:41 PM
congrats to lh good job hutto

Matthew328
09-10-2005, 02:23 PM
Its a valid question....not gonna win in the playoffs giving up that many points a game.......someone is gonna out score you......

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Its a valid question....not gonna win in the playoffs giving up that many points a game.......someone is gonna out score you......

I agree it's a legitimate question. He & I had a conversation about it earlier. Some key adjustments were made on defense this week that should improve the defense greatly over the next week or so.

HighSchool Fan
09-10-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Some key adjustments were made on defense this week that should improve the defense greatly over the next week or so.

yeah, they promoted #55 to varsity

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
yeah, they promoted #55 to varsity

ROFLMCO!!! Not hardly! lol

ILS1
09-10-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Modest Man
haha

just curious. ILS do you go to all the Hutto games?

Yes,I go to many as my work schedule will allow. I have to be up usually @ 4 a.m. on Saturdays. I think the only game I might miss is the one @ Caldwell. Not sure yet. It was nice to meet you too LHPM!! Very nice lady. The game was back and forth. Both offenses had over 400 yards. That Schrock kid from LH was quick at hitting the holes. Alot of players from both teams played both ways last night. Jeremy Kerley is a warrior!! You could tell he was cramping up in the 4th from being out on the field so long. He has a strong arm as well,he threw a couple of passes about 50+ yards in the air and on the run. LH has a great run offense. Hutto's DC should be shot,he has no clue how to stop it or does he make any adjustments!!! Sorry,just venting!! I don't want people getting bent out of shape. 2 breaks our way and it would have a different story. Not trying to take anything away from LH,they made adjustments at half and wanted it more. Congrats to the Panthers and good luck the rest of the season. BEAT WIMPERLEY!! LOL!! Good luck Hippos and win District 19-3A!!!

:D :D :D

Chris Hart
09-10-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Its a valid question....not gonna win in the playoffs giving up that many points a game.......someone is gonna out score you...... I agree Matt, their defense needs some work for sure. But, when you have an offense like their's, you can get by with it a bit more than most. You're right about eventually getting outscored in the playoffs, but, it took until meeting Jasper in the semis for it to happen last year. Liberty Hill was 1 yard & a 2pt. conv. away from a possible birth in the championship last year. If they would've made it, it would've been a shootout against Gilmer just like the one Jasper had. I agree with you somewhat, IMO, with a defense like that they'll never win the dance. The same thing did in Burnet two straight years, but the rides were still great. My comment was just getting at GreenMonster who was poking fun at a defense giving up 40 and winning, when his team only scored 10 and lost, lol.:)

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
My comment was just getting at GreenMonster who was poking fun at a defense giving up 40 and winning, when his team only scored 10 and lost, lol.:)

I wanted to go there, just was being nice to him. ;)

LH Panther Mom
09-10-2005, 04:03 PM
Just a little defensive stat:

Through 2 games, Jeremy Kerley was 3rd in Central Texas 3a in rushing yards....15 attempts, 276 yds.

He had 0 yards rushing last night against us. :)

The main work on D that's needed would be pass coverage.

ro_tex_solja
09-10-2005, 04:05 PM
i saw #3 run like 70 yards for a touchdown on foxsports net... who was that?

ILS1
09-10-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja
i saw #3 run like 70 yards for a touchdown on foxsports net... who was that?

#3 that was Senior TB Jerrick Gauthier. Not too sure about the Jeremy Kerley stat though. Must be another great AAS stat!!! LOL!!! He only had like 5 design runs last night,I believe. Less than the usual 8 to 10 a game in the first 2 games. He did score on a 1 yard and 10 yard TD run. So how could he have 0 yards rushing!! I think it was that AAS math!!! LOL!!!

:D

Matthew328
09-10-2005, 08:50 PM
Last year LH was at least slowing people down..this year they have given up 39, 63 and 40 their first 3 games....last year they gave up 14,28, and 20............plus D2 in Reg 4 looks a lot tougher than last year so for LH to get back to the level they had last year thye have got to play better defense..obviously they have the offense to win it all

Hupernikomen
09-10-2005, 10:22 PM
Wonder if anyone took a picture of the scoreboard?:thinking: :devil:

LHMom
09-10-2005, 10:48 PM
I did, actually. :p