PDA

View Full Version : Wharton-28/Cuero-29 Final!

LogieJoeBean001
09-09-2005, 10:54 PM
The Tigers stepped up and brought it to Cuero. Tigers went ahead with 2:59 remaining in the game, but Cuero had some awesome passing and with two pass plays were down in the red zone. They made the touchdown and the two point conversion for the win.

It was an awesome game and our boys did Wharton proud!

#31 was not able to play, he was ill earlier in the day.

gobbler grad
09-09-2005, 10:55 PM
it was one heck of a great game...there both winners in this one...

gobblerfan02
09-09-2005, 11:00 PM
who is #31, was he a starter, star, or the captain, I heard that someone might have been sittin out?

whtfbplaya
09-09-2005, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad

Oh ok so were (1-1) now, yea I like that.

whtfbplaya
09-09-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by gobblerfan02
who is #31, was he a starter, star, or the captain, I heard that someone might have been sittin out?

LB commited to A&M

gobblerfan02
09-09-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya
LB commited to A&M Ouch, I definitely hope that we don't hafta meet again, there defense seemed to be tough already!

LogieJoeBean001
09-09-2005, 11:06 PM
Big #77 on the Wharton defense and he's just a sophomore!

LogieJoeBean001
09-09-2005, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad

True, so true!

htowntransplant
09-09-2005, 11:45 PM
all i can say is.....wow.

wharton ought to be proud tho. :)

Raider Nurse
09-10-2005, 12:00 AM
Wow what a game!!! Congrats to both teams!!!! :clap:

LogieJoeBean001
09-10-2005, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by htowntransplant
all i can say is.....wow.

wharton ought to be proud tho. :)

I can't speak for everybody, but I know I sure am proud of the whole Tiger team! These guys just kept bringing it on and on...

Of course, it was a heartbreaker, but I feel that good things are definitely coming the Tigers way and it has been a long time in coming for these guys too!

I just can't say it often enough, I'm proud of ya Tigers!

Gobbla2001
09-10-2005, 12:10 AM
What a game... fitting seeing how the two previous meetings have gone...

Cuero - What can I say, the defense stepped up when they had to and the offense did as well, showed some heart... keep improving...

Wharton - My gawd, you have got to stop giving us Cuero fans heart attacks... your determination tonight showed the whole game... y'all stuck it to Cuero and played till the end...

Awesome game... again...

RiverRatDad
09-10-2005, 12:26 AM
The last three games between these teams have been some of the best highschool football I've ever seen. Congrats to the Gobblers. Your program and your fans are a real class act. Good luck, hope we meet again.

Gobbla2001
09-10-2005, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by RiverRatDad
The last three games between these teams have been some of the best highschool football I've ever seen. Congrats to the Gobblers. Your program and your fans are a real class act. Good luck, hope we meet again.

I'll echo that towords Wharton County...

No more close ones, someone just needs to get blown out...

pirate4state
09-10-2005, 12:33 AM
WOW - sounds like another great game, if you like small heart attacks!!! :D I think I would have been sick in the bathroom!! :eek:

Gobbla2001
09-10-2005, 12:38 AM
#5 is a horse, btw...

And Shelton, dang, thought for a while there we had him solved after last year... but the QB connected and that was it, he's a playmaker...

QB is also good, quick, knows where to run the ball and knows just how to get there/outta there...

Their defense was great, a huge improvement from last year... I see why they went to that 3-3-5 business, they have the athletes to fill that D up...

Their offensive line was also more impressive than last year... they dug in and wore our guys out...

wow, what a game...

Ranger05
09-10-2005, 12:45 AM
wow sounds like it was a great game wish i could have been there

18handicap
09-10-2005, 12:45 AM
RiverRadDad,
Sounds like a great game in Wharton tonight......if our friend O was still the DC, the score would have been 65-64 and would have been more exciting......lol......hope things are going well for you in Wharton and hope your back is better!

Gobbler Fan
09-10-2005, 12:51 AM
Gobblers ,what can I say but you showed heart like champions do , what do you do when you have 2:40 sec left in the game and are down by 7 *drive it down the field and then go for 2 for the win * Nice passing Kyle also nice grab Brandon . Wharton is a heck of a ballclub and played a great game that O-line is pretty damn good .Now for the officiating ill just not speak my mind on that and keep my oppinion to myself.

One game at a time Gobblers !~

HM33
09-10-2005, 01:02 AM
Wow, from what I heard it was a damn good game. Congrats Gobblers. Schu and I have been talking for 2 weeks that Wharton was going to show up and play against Cuero and well they did (from what I heard and read). Well next up is Sealy and its Homecoming. GL.

BU97
09-10-2005, 01:15 AM
For all those wondering why Pierre didn't play. Pierre has had some medical problems since the spring that they were finally getting straight with medication. The meds were working well this week, but he had a bad reaction today after lunch which made him real sick, he was pretty disappointed that he couldn't play but should be ok, thank goodness. The boys really stepped in up in his absence, and played hard. MAN, I am tired of losing by 1 point to the Gobblers! But we have come so far since the EC game that we are encouraged despite the loss!

gobblerfan02
09-10-2005, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by BU97
For all those wondering why Pierre didn't play. Pierre has had some medical problems since the spring that they were finally getting straight with medication. The meds were working well this week, but he had a bad reaction today after lunch which made him real sick, he was pretty disappointed that he couldn't play but should be ok, thank goodness. The boys really stepped in up in his absence, and played hard. MAN, I am tired of losing by 1 point to the Gobblers! But we have come so far since the EC game that we are encouraged despite the loss! Bu, the score coulda been different if he played, man, kinda glad he sat this one out! Hope the best and a safe and quick recovery....your boyz have nothing to be ashamed of, they almost pulled this one out....great character too I might add, from what I heard!

SintonFan
09-10-2005, 01:42 AM
Stop bickering.
Great win by the Gobblers!:clap:
Wharton will be a force regardless of where they will go in the playoffs!:clap:
AWESOME GAME NONETHELESS!!!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool:

ro_tex_solja
09-10-2005, 01:54 AM
all i can say is holy mess......this game was every bit of what i expected except for the part about pierre not playing....this game was insane and came down to an awesome drive by noack and cuero.....noack hit that cat BAM for a nice pass on the game winning drive....all i can say is i really hope we do not have to meet up with wharton in the playoffs because these games with them are freakin crazy and very intense...

Leopards,class of 75
09-10-2005, 01:19 PM
It must have been the game of the year! Is there any chance that they will meet in the playoffs??? Cuero showed why they are #1 in the state.( I think in some polls) If they were to play again, I would like a ticket that that game! Good luck to both of these fine football teams in 2005! (unless they play the Leopards again) lol

gobblerfan02
09-10-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Leopards,class of 75
It must have been the game of the year! Is there any chance that they will meet in the playoffs??? Cuero showed why they are #1 in the state.( I think in some polls) If they were to play again, I would like a ticket that that game! Good luck to both of these fine football teams in 2005! (unless they play the Leopards again) lol Yes, good chance of meeting, our two districts match up in the first round of playoffs!

Leopards,class of 75
09-10-2005, 01:25 PM
Yes, good chance of meeting, our two districts match up in the first round of playoffs! Count me in on the rematch! Was it a full house at the game and where was the game played at?

Pmoney
09-10-2005, 01:26 PM
whoa sounds like a crazy game....its gonna be a hard loss on wharton just bc they lost by 1 to the #1 team

sicem74
09-10-2005, 01:29 PM
good game

gobblerfan02
09-10-2005, 01:47 PM
Count me in on the rematch! Was it a full house at the game and where was the game played at? Don't know 'bout the full house, didn't make the game, but it was in Wharton's house!

I don't wanna rematch!:mad:

Gobbla2001
09-10-2005, 03:10 PM
It was a pretty full house I'd say...

Playoff atmosphere, that's for sure...

Leopards,class of 75
09-10-2005, 06:11 PM
Don't know 'bout the full house, didn't make the game, but it was in Wharton's house!

I don't wanna rematch!:mad: LOL...sure you want a rematch!!!

gobblerfan02
09-10-2005, 10:32 PM
LOL...sure you want a rematch!!! That'd be the game to go to, besides week 4!

LogieJoeBean001
09-12-2005, 06:35 AM
We'll be ready if there is a rematch.

LogieJoeBean001
09-13-2005, 06:01 AM
Don't know 'bout the full house, didn't make the game, but it was in Wharton's house!

I don't wanna rematch!:mad:

I've been thinking about this and came to the conclusion that I'd much rather lose in pre-season and win in the playoffs versus the other way around. So, if there is a rematch....you can bet it's gonna be a doozy of a game!

thebigman06
09-13-2005, 08:37 AM
I was there and now that wharton is behind their team there ain't going to be no stoppin us:eek: