PDA

View Full Version : Bandera 55 Marion 25

therealbulldogs
10-20-2001, 12:48 PM
Bandera does it again, demolishing Marion. The game started out close but Bandera took over the game. Watch out for Bandera in the playoffs.

SintonFan
10-21-2001, 01:37 AM
Marion is a really good team. Congrats! Just curious, how good do you consider your defense this year compared to last year? Also, where do you think your offense is compared to last year? Last year was a breakout year for your Bandera team, it seems yall are now building on that success.

therealbulldogs
10-21-2001, 10:23 AM
I think that both the defense and offense are much better this year than last year. The line on both sides of the ball is a whole lot better than last year. The defense is just much stronger than last year, not giving up hardly any points. The offense is very well rounded. Marion found that out Friday night. They stuck 9 in the box to shut down the run so Bandera went to the pass and dominated. I say that everyone needs to watch for another region IV championship game between Bandera and Sinton.

SintonFan
10-22-2001, 12:22 AM
hehe, so you don't it will be Zapata-Bandera like some ppl have thought? Did you go to the game last year at Alamo stadium? I was there, of course I was extremely disappointed at the result, but it was a good game. Sinton too, has improved alot and that makes me think if there is a Sinton-Bandera game, it's gonna real, real interesting. Thanks for the info therealbulldogs. By the way, after that game I banned 'Who let the dogs out' at my house!

[This message has been edited by SintonFan (edited October 22, 2001).]

therealbulldogs
10-22-2001, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I was there at the game. It was a really fun game. It was the first competition for Bandera since the La Vernia game. Even though I'm from Bandera I hate that song too!

toby070
10-22-2001, 11:39 PM
therealbulldogs, if you beat Marion that badly, your boys must be good. I watched MArion vs Wimberley. and was impressed with Marion. They are a good team, IMHO will beat LaVernia in a close one later in the season.

Keep it up!!!

SintonFan
10-23-2001, 01:59 AM
Just for conversation's sake, have you heard about Sinton's offense this year? What's your take on it? It seems Sinton's defense has picked it up a notch, too. Basically I'm curious as to your opinion there. Where do you think Wimberley fits into the playoff picture?

therealbulldogs
10-23-2001, 11:06 AM
I don't know much about Sinton except that they have been putting up some impressive numbers. I know that last year yall had some pretty good sophomores starting on defense. I remember #69 and #54 were really good sophomores on the DL. That's about all I know about Sinton. Can you inform me on some more about Sinton?

Real3AFan
10-23-2001, 11:06 AM
You're exactly right about Marion. They are very solid, they were ranked #7 in the SA Area and Bandera was #6, it was picked as the game of the week. Marion WILL beat La Vernia. Bandera is that good this year, Sinton/Bandera could be for Division I State Title.

SintonFan
10-24-2001, 01:14 AM
Since I live in San Antonio, I don't know too much about the kids numbers this year. The impressive numbers are coming from a lack of competion, the closest Sinton has been challenged this year was Beeville(6-1 in 30-4A) and won 21-10. Overall, compared to last year, the offense is about 60-40 run to pass, very balanced. Alaniz is really matured into a great QB. On deffense, it seems there is a whole lot more team speed, and good size. So far through 7 game they've given up around 46 points(most on the 2nd and 3rd teamers). I've made it to a few games so far this year, but I'm waiting for the games to come into the San Antonio area in the playoffs. Real3AFan I think I read the same Express-News article.

Jacket2000
10-24-2001, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Real3AFan:
You're exactly right about Marion. They are very solid, they were ranked #7 in the SA Area and Bandera was #6, it was picked as the game of the week. Marion WILL beat La Vernia. Bandera is that good this year, Sinton/Bandera could be for Division I State Title.
I can guarantee that Bandera and Sinton will not meet for the Div1 state championship. Anyone wanna bet me on this??
J2K

eye of the tiger
10-24-2001, 07:54 PM
Well its been a long time since teams in the same region played for state, I dont think Ill take that bet Jacket.

Jacket2000
10-24-2001, 07:56 PM
Awwww,c'mon Tiger. Real3AFan seems to think it's a strong possibility.

eye of the tiger
10-24-2001, 08:29 PM
LOL

SintonFan
10-24-2001, 11:58 PM
I've called Vegas, and the odds are not good. No bet here... LOL. I think the guy meant something else though...

Jacket2000
10-25-2001, 12:33 AM
Eh, maybe. But he's one of the ones that have been getting my nerves with their soccer mom-style whinning. So,Im gonna assume that he meant that they'll meet in the state finals.

Real3AFan
10-25-2001, 11:03 AM
dude I meant that the winner from bandera/sinton WILL win division I state.

bros543
10-25-2001, 03:54 PM
I played for bellville last year, Bandera had a really good wr/db, i was curious where he is at now, if he doesnt still play for them. He had like he seemed to be their team even though they beat us 43-0.

Real3AFan
10-25-2001, 05:40 PM
His name is Andy Blount and he is starting for North Texas as a freshman.