PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer wins 19th straight!! 42-16

Buckeyeman
09-09-2005, 10:23 PM
The Gilmer Buckeyes won their 19th straight game tonight against the Lindale Eagles 42-16.
It is also Gilmer's 28th consectutive regular season win!!

Just heard that the Buckeyes had 579 yards of offense. WOW!

Go Buckeyes!!

j_dog
09-09-2005, 10:24 PM
Congratulations Buckeyes ! :)

Hupernikomen
09-09-2005, 10:25 PM
outstanding!! good luck against daingerfield coming up.

Snyder_TigerFan
09-09-2005, 10:29 PM
These guys sound like a powerful team this year as well!

lostaussie
09-09-2005, 10:34 PM
not as good as score indicates. with 1 min 45 secs to go in 3rd gilmer led 7-3. then the onslaught came. with 8 min to go in 4th we were ahead 35-3. gilmer looked at times very vulnerable, but games like this can't do anything but help such a young team. lindale played hard and seemed to have a good plan but in the end just could not match up to gilmers speed. on another side note gilmer had a 99.5 yard touchdown reception that was an abosolute gem of a play. can't go any farther than that.

SnyTigBaseB07
09-09-2005, 10:35 PM
haha crap, i hope we dont have to see Gilmer again in playoffs..we all know how that would end.

Buckeye80
09-09-2005, 11:31 PM
It's not often you see one team look horrible and fantastic on the same night. Some of the youth really showed tonight, and we all got to see how dependent the Buckeyes are on "halftime" when faced with adversity. That's a huge credit to the coaching staff, but it demonstrates a very large lack of senior leadership. I think there are only three seniors starting out of 22 players.
The Buckeyes will learn alot this season, especially in the Daingerfield game week after next. The Buckeyes, IMHO, are just as explosive and just as dangerous as last year's team, but they don't have the experience. We'll see how well they keep their composure when they face an equally explosive team in the playoffs (Yes, they'll make the playoffs).
As young as they are this year, the Buckeyes are just gonna be insanely good for at least the next two years.

MARLINDOGS
09-10-2005, 12:27 AM
Congratulations Gilmer.

Black & Gold
09-10-2005, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
The Buckeyes, IMHO, are just as explosive and just as dangerous as last year's team, but they don't have the experience.

That's a scary thought. I had heard that Gilmer had fallen off a bit but they seem to still be a very good team. I haven't seen Gilmer but it seems like it would be tough to be as good as last years. Good luck to you guys.