PDA

View Full Version : Of interest to all Sinton fans

eye of the tiger
11-09-2002, 11:10 PM
I went to the Texas A&M-Commerce vs Angelo State game today and a freshman named Marcus Charles just about single handed defeated the Lions. He was used mostly on punt returns and kick off returns, but gave the Rams good field position every time he touched the ball. The Lions back was broken when he broke a punt return for about 55-60 yards for a TD. The guy was amazing. He was stopped, or should have been stopped several times, but somehow keep going. The Rams won 17-16. Another Sinton player,freshman Jason Brittan was listed on the depth chart as the number two in a line backer position. I'm pretty sure he played but I think I was too busy trying to take pictures of the Ram cheerleaders. Just thought you guys might be interested in how some of last years grads are doing.

PhiI C
11-09-2002, 11:39 PM
Thank you for the news! It is great to hear that a Sinton grad is doing well! By the way I am Phil C but to get logged on to this computer I had to change my sn somewhat. I am not too computer minded :)

sinfan75
11-10-2002, 09:08 AM
Thanks EOTT,I heard that Markie been givin everyone fits on returns.Be lookin for a lot of good things from those two in the future.

73SHSGrad
11-10-2002, 10:20 AM
I am glad to hear the Marcus has finally found the end zone. I have gone to all the ASU Ram home games and have seen both Marcus and Jason mature on the field as big time football players. Jason is a redshirted freshman that has been able to step into a outside linebacker position due to injuries to starting players. He also has done very well in his position. I congratulate them on a game well played after each game. I also took a picture of Marcus and Jason after one of the home games and Mrs Mitchell saw it and printed it out to give to Coach Mitchell. I would like to be at Sinton's game Saturday but I chose be at the last Ram home game instead this coming Saturday to see both Marcus and Jason take care of business and beat Texas A&M Kingsville so they can come home and help cheer the Pirates on to another State Championship Playoff as I will. I will be at all the rest of the playoff games. :cool:

73SHSGrad
11-10-2002, 10:45 AM
For those fans that would like to read about Marcus and Jason go to:

http://www.texaswest.com/sports.shtml

And go to Jeff McDonald : Rams Sparks Victory

sinton66
11-10-2002, 07:29 PM
These two kids are a special breed. They simply go all out on every down. ASU was very fortunate to have gotten them both. Thanks for the stories guys, we really appreciate it.

SintonFan
11-11-2002, 02:51 AM
Thanks EEOT and 73SHSGrad for the cool info. It's good to hear the guys are doing good.