PDA

View Full Version : 09-09-05 and 09-10-05 Volleyball Results

Phil C
09-09-2005, 09:59 AM
Post results here please. Our girls don't play until tomorrow when they play a tough 5A team out of Corpus Christi - King High School. I plan to make the game since I haven't got to make the past several games and that seems to be when the injuries started. May be a coincidence but why take chances? Games start tomorrow in Sinton at 9 A.M.

RBARKER
09-09-2005, 10:06 AM
BH Volleyball Takes 2 at Dickinson Tourney
from The Baytown Sun -- The Eagles also reached the round of eight in the 30-team field at Dickinson by defeating La Marque, 25-20, 25-9, and Dayton, 25-7, 25-19.

And like Sterling, Barbers Hill will face a stiff match tonight, before resuming play at Dickinson Saturday morning at 11 a.m. against Bellaire.

Tonight, the Eagles will travel to take on No. 2 Friendswood at 6:30 p.m.

“The stage is set for us,” said Barbers Hill coach John Leonard. “We’re going to battle them and do whatever it takes. They’re a good opponent for us.”

The Eagles started slowly at Dickinson Thursday morning before coming to life against La Marque.

“We kinds of sleep-walked that first game,” said Leonard. “Then when the score was 20-20, we decided it was time to be the Eagles and put them away.”

Friday’s victories ran Barbers Hill’s record to 15-4 on the year, with three of the losses coming to Sterling. It also gave the school 97 wins in the history of the program.

“We’re nearing our 100th win and that’s something to be proud of,” Leonard said. “That’s a good accomplishment for the school.”

Phil C
09-09-2005, 10:33 AM
I see injuries in volleyball aren't just limited to Sinton in South Texas.

http://www.caller.com/ccct/high_school_sports/article/0,1641,CCCT_821_4067464,00.html