PDA

View Full Version : A few key plays.....

toby070
12-09-2001, 01:12 AM
Wimberley vs LaGrange was a great game. No way I can say the refs cost the game, LaGrange was damn good, but two calls were critical. One was in the third quarter, Wimberley was driving and had LG a little on their heels. Pitch left, Brent Slaughter picked up 5 yards, would have been second and 5, instead, holding, 1 and 20 (tough situation against that LG defense). That one was on the opposite sideline, may have been a good call. The second was a no call on pass interference, another decent drive turned into a LG interception.

Anderle is incredibly poised for a soph, the LG offense picked up several 3rd and 4th down plays, but the LG defense won that game. Very hard hitting team. I guarantee you though, they'll know in the morning just like Wimberley will that they were in a dogfight.

Eaglet'
12-09-2001, 01:28 AM
Hey I know where you are coming from! Friday night at the Newton vs. Giddings game in the 4th quarter with a minute and seventeen seconds left in the game there was a pass made to Newton and Giddings intercepted it, which should have been called as pass interferance. That is the only thing that stopped Newton from winning that game! So don't worry we are right there with you!

GiddingsHS_student
12-09-2001, 10:11 AM
That wasn't the only thing stopping you guys from loosing, Daniels whom caught the ball is a very good friend of mine, and if your QB knew Daniels has had several interseptions this year, why would you throw it to a guy that he is covering? Yeah that play was a big part of you guys loosing, but that wasn't it.

Eaglet'
12-09-2001, 12:50 PM
Nice to know you take up for you friend, but that was pass interferance and the ONLY thing that stopped Newton from sending you home to play Basketball but guess what........... You will be playing BASKETBALL after LaGrange vs. Giddings! Tell your friend we said hi and that its terrible he is going to be STOPPED by LaGrange!

bohemian
12-09-2001, 01:01 PM
Toby070 what do you think of the linebacker for LaGrange, #88?

toby070
12-09-2001, 02:01 PM
He's a very good player. Definately a hitter. All three LB's are very good.

IMO, that was the toughest defense Wimberley has faced all year.