PDA

View Full Version : Can it honestly get any worse for Stoops & Co.

AggieJohn
09-09-2005, 01:45 AM
First the loss to TCU,

then this (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2156335),

and this (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2155423) .

Could this be the start of a spiral...

sahen
09-09-2005, 01:53 AM
they are really starting to mirror Nebraska' collapse a couple years back....the blow out in the BCS title game, a shocking loss while playing way under the standard of the normal dominate Oklahoma people expect, and now internal problems....i guess it goes to show u can't be on top of the world forever....

AggieJohn
09-09-2005, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by sahen
they are really starting to mirror Nebraska' collapse a couple years back....the blow out in the BCS title game, a shocking loss while playing way under the standard of the normal dominate Oklahoma people expect, and now internal problems....i guess it goes to show u can't be on top of the world forever....

yeah which i totallydidn't think would happen

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-09-2005, 02:50 AM
i honestly had a smile on my face when i read that..i know im kind of a horrible person for that, but its the truth.

GreenMonster
09-09-2005, 06:32 AM
is it possible we are trying to make something out of nothing here?? c'mon now it's not like Sooners players are selling dope out of the athletic dorm and packing guns like back in the end of the Barry Switzer era.

neck_94
09-09-2005, 07:47 AM
you gotta start somewhere :D

Sinton94
09-09-2005, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
First the loss to TCU,

then this (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2156335),

and this (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2155423) .

Could this be the start of a spiral...

One can only hope it does!:D

Phil C
09-09-2005, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
i honestly had a smile on my face when i read that..i know im kind of a horrible person for that, but its the truth.

But Bull the main thing is you recognize the problem so be encouraged that there is hope. :D

injuredinmelee
09-09-2005, 08:23 AM
The downfall of the Ou program was when Mike Stoops left for Arizona.

Maroon87
09-09-2005, 09:13 AM
I think Stoops has a lot of credit built up in Norman. Of course, if they get blown out by Texas (which is quite possible) that could change in a hurry. Sooner Fan is a notorious front runner.:rolleyes:

Old Tiger
09-09-2005, 09:20 AM
They could be put on NCAA restrictions and lose scholarships

big daddy russ
09-09-2005, 09:32 AM
To me it's just an MIP. A little worse than a speeding ticket but nowhere near as bad as shoplifting or anything of the sort.

RiverRat19
09-09-2005, 10:02 AM
Yeah, it's a MIP common thing for college kids (I narrowly missed a few when I was in school)...
but these players should know that they are under the microscope and will be scrutinized when they screw up.

I have no pity for any Texas HS FB players going to OU when they have tough times..... There are plenty of fine NCAA programs in Texas they could have played for instead of going to Oklahoma. For going to OU, they must be considered guilty of treason to Texas (High School and college) football...

jmcgee
09-09-2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by RiverRat19
Yeah, it's a MIP common thing for college kids (I narrowly missed a few when I was in school)...
but these players should know that they are under the microscope and will be scrutinized when they screw up.

I have no pity for any Texas HS FB players going to OU when they have tough times..... There are plenty of fine NCAA programs in Texas they could have played for instead of going to Oklahoma. For going to OU, they must be considered guilty of treason to Texas (High School and college) football...
I agree. have no pity for traitors.

whtfbplaya
09-09-2005, 11:37 AM
Stoops will win wherever he is. They will finish well and be contenders in the Big 12.

Pmoney
09-09-2005, 11:39 AM
Doesnt look good :p

Sinton94
09-09-2005, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by RiverRat19

HERE.....HERE!:clap: :clap:

gobbler grad
09-09-2005, 12:14 PM
could not have happen to a better team...:p

RiverRat19
09-09-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
could not have happen to a better team...:p

Verily! Amen......

AggieJohn
09-09-2005, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya
Stoops will win wherever he is. They will finish well and be contenders in the Big 12.

i'll hold you to that at the end of the season

Sinton94
09-09-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya

I don't know if I would stoop that low!:D :D :D :rolleyes:

lepfan
09-09-2005, 04:49 PM
OU fans are more loyal to STOOPS than to pitch him out the window IF Texas gets a blow out. GET REAL!

Like it was stated above...MIP is nothing compared to some charges against other players...be it in the OU program or any other program. This is a young kid out on his own...how many athletes test the waters....c'mon be honest. I am glad the Norman police cite everyone and don't pitch out favors for the team. I would bet that if this kid is serious about football at OU he will think twice before putting himself in that situation again.

Jealousy rears an ugly face when you have been at the top for many years and many want your spot .

I do not see the OU program "in a spiral" Speed bumps in the road is all I see. Every program has their speed bumps...like I said before most (there are some who never) get to spend their time in the 'limelight' on the top of the ladder. Sometimes you have to go to the bottom of the ladder to get more supplies. Then, you must begin your journey back to the top of the ladder and remember you can only climb one rung at a time if you want to succeed.

Sinton94
09-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Nice reply and I concur!

I hope Stoops does get to stick around for a few years at the bottom of the proverbial ladder!
:D

lepfan
09-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Sinton94
Nice reply and I concur!

I hope Stoops does get to stick around for a few years at the bottom of the proverbial ladder!
:D

Thanks, I guess?? Gee, I have always been on the a$$ end of the concurring thing. :) ;)

IMO - Stoops will be there for a long time (unless HE makes the decision to leave)