PDA

View Full Version : interesting espn chat about A&M & Texas

AggieJohn
09-09-2005, 12:25 AM
Don't start throwing stones, just an observation, and one that i would agree with, i would definately go with this as my consensus for the state of the big 12 south

I certainly hope he's right. I'd love to have a bumper sticker which reads:
Clemson 25
Big XII Champs 24

This from today's ESPN chat.

Lee (Clemson SC)
Are you man enough to admit that you were wrong about the Clemson Tigers being quitters? You called them out last Saturday and they made you eat their words against AandM (your pick to win the Big 12)

KIRK HERBSTREIT
First of all, congratulations, that was a HUGE win for Tommy. I was really happy for him in those waning seconds that he was able to hold on to a victory. I don't regret picking AandM, Clemson did a great job of being prepared. They went out and played with a great deal of poise and they deserved to win that game. Now, they just need to continue to play with that same attitude this week against Maryland and down the line. I'm man enough to eat my words if that's what you need me to do. Nothing personal against Clemson and their program, I just thought AandM could go there and win. Incidentally, I still think the Aggies will win the Big 12 championship despite that loss.

Herbie said the same thing on Austin radio, but he clarified that A&M was his darkhorse pick. He said 'obviously Texas is the team to beat'.

also a friend of mine put it this way about the clemson game:

Reality is we should have won the game. We gave the game to Clemson with stupid mistakes. They made none, and we did. They deserved to win, but we controlled our own destiny, Clemson did not dictate it.

But ALAS i move on, BTHO SMU

whtfbplaya
09-09-2005, 11:43 AM
At some point the my bads are going to have to stop and the winning is going to have to start. And teams like smu and tst are not going to help prove that, because atm can make a boat load of mistakes and play the 3rd string and still win.

Sinton94
09-09-2005, 11:58 AM
If I was A&M I would focus on this week only! Last I heard you have to get to the championship before you can win it!

Fly low for awhile then jump back in after a win or two!:D :rolleyes: