PDA

View Full Version : This week's sign that the apocalypse is upon us...

big daddy russ
09-08-2005, 08:07 AM
Heard on the radio this morning that the CMA's, Country Music's awards show, is moving the venue away from Nashville for the first time ever...

...and going to NYC, a city that doesn't even have a single country music radio station.

turbostud
09-08-2005, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Heard on the radio this morning that the CMA's, Country Music's awards show, is moving the venue away from Nashville for the first time ever...

...and going to NYC, a city that doesn't even have a single country music radio station.

Its all about the $$$$$$$$.

spiveyrat
09-08-2005, 08:12 AM

No kidding? Not a single one???

District303aPastPlayer
09-08-2005, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat

thats crazy

big daddy russ
09-08-2005, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Crazy, huh? Learn something new everyday.

On a sidenote, I think this is just further proof that most (not all, but the majority) of stuff that comes out of Nashville these days isn't country, but some sort of poppy-punky-crappy shootoff of the real stuff.

Phil C
09-08-2005, 08:25 AM
Gone are the days of Hank Williams Sr., Charlie Pride, Johnny Cash and Buck Owens just to name a few. :(

RiverRat19
09-08-2005, 08:40 AM
On a sidenote, I think this is just further proof that most (not all, but the majority) of stuff that comes out of Nashville these days isn't country, but some sort of poppy-punky-crappy shootoff of the real stuff.

Ain't that the truth! That's why I quit listening to the country stations a number of years ago.... Texas/Americana music is more to true to country roots than 99.9999999999% of Nashville country. Pop-country (because it sells) is Nashville music today.

Hannibal
09-08-2005, 08:58 AM
That's why Texas music has become so popular.

AggieJohn
09-08-2005, 09:02 AM
Crazy, huh? Learn something new everyday.

On a sidenote, I think this is just further proof that most (not all, but the majority) of stuff that comes out of Nashville these days isn't country, but some sort of poppy-punky-crappy shootoff of the real stuff. i.e. toby keith

BullFrog Dad
09-08-2005, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i.e. toby keith Yea he ain't as good as he once was.

AggieJohn
09-08-2005, 09:20 AM
when i compare him too garth or george it's like comparing marilyn monroe to a barbie doll

lostaussie
09-08-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Gone are the days of Hank Williams Sr., Charlie Pride, Johnny Cash and Buck Owens just to name a few. :( that's weird. i was listening to a charley pride cd this morning on my way to work.

AP Panther Fan
09-08-2005, 12:44 PM
i.e. toby keith

Don't be talking about Toby!:mad: :mad: :mad:

He may not be as good as he once was, but I bet he is as good once as he ever was!:inlove: :inlove: ;)

pirate44
09-08-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Don't be talking about Toby!:mad: :mad: :mad:

He may not be as good as he once was, but I bet he is as good once as he ever was!:inlove: :inlove: ;)
that song confuses me.

AP Panther Fan
09-08-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
that song confuses me.

I'll let SPF explain it to you....:nerd: :D

Maroon87
09-08-2005, 12:56 PM
It's like Travis Tritt said..."country ain't country no more."

Bandera YaYa
09-08-2005, 01:11 PM
when i compare him too garth or george it's like comparing marilyn monroe to a barbie doll Oh yeah, cuz Garth is so much like George Strait...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

handNthedirt
09-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Shooter Jennings has put the "O" back in cu ntry!!!!

injuredinmelee
09-08-2005, 03:41 PM
when i compare him too garth or george it's like comparing marilyn monroe to a barbie doll

Garth isnt a pimple on the butt of Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Hank Williams, etc.... Garth is responsible for the begining of this MURDER ON MUSIC ROW!

IHStangFan
09-08-2005, 04:50 PM
figures...mainstream country music makes me sick these days anyway, its more about an image these days than the artist's actual talent. :mad:

big daddy russ
09-08-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
figures...mainstream country music makes me sick these days anyway, its more about an image these days than the artist's actual talent. :mad:
Which brings us full circle to Pat Green...

"You can't make Texas music when you're living in New York."
-my buddy Nathan Farley

GreenMonster
09-08-2005, 06:43 PM
I happen to like Pat Green, I could seriously relate to Lone Star Beer in my cereal.

big daddy russ
09-08-2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I happen to like Pat Green, I could seriously relate to Lone Star Beer in my cereal.
Man, that's pre-New York. His old stuff was good, nay great. But ever since "Wave on Wave" I just don't know.

injuredinmelee
09-08-2005, 06:50 PM
Man, that's pre-New York. His old stuff was good, nay great. But ever since "Wave on Wave" I just don't know.
I want tp puncture my ear drums everytime i hear Pat Greens voice.