PDA

View Full Version : Zapata Hawks vs Cigarroa Toros

HAWKS
09-08-2005, 12:20 AM
The HAWKS will be playing against the Cigarroa Toros. Any predictions.

Zapata By 21

District303aPastPlayer
09-08-2005, 12:32 AM
Laredo Ciggaroa got dismantled last week by Corpus Christi Carroll if im not mistaken... if Zapata is on their A game, which i assume they will be, it will be ugly quick...

Z-Hawks by 18+

SintonFan
09-08-2005, 12:44 AM
Should be a decent game for the Hawks.
Zapata by 7+...

big daddy russ
09-08-2005, 08:13 AM
It's a huge size difference between the two schools, but Zapata's used to it. After all, the used to be the only 5A school in the state with fewer than 900 students. The Hawks by four TD's.

Jody
09-08-2005, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by HAWKS
The HAWKS will be playing against the Cigarroa Toros. Any predictions.

Zapata By 21

My prediction:

If I get that close to Falcon Lake it won't be to watch football. I will be fishing during the day and eating a steak at 4-Milpa's.

Sinton should win, although I have n idea who the Toros are.

District303aPastPlayer
09-08-2005, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Jody
My prediction:

If I get that close to Falcon Lake it won't be to watch football. I will be fishing during the day and eating a steak at 4-Milpa's.

Sinton should win, although I have n idea who the Toros are.

this is Laredo Cigarroa vs Zapata HS

Sinton plays West Oso...

Phil C
09-08-2005, 09:37 AM
The county of Zapata was named for a local rancher, Antonio Zapata. The City adopted that name also. Laredo Cigarroa was named for Dr. Leo Cigarroa who was an outstanding physician in Laredo (he came from a family of outstanding physicians) who did much work, support and effort for Laredo sports especially in Little League baseball. An outstanding person indeed.

SINTON81
09-08-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
The county of Zapata was named for a local rancher, Antonio Zapata. The City adopted that name also. Laredo Cigarroa was named for Dr. Leo Cigarroa who was an outstanding physician in Laredo (he came from a family of outstanding physicians) who did much work, support and effort for Laredo sports especially in Little League baseball. An outstanding person indeed.

Thanks for the history lesson Phil. I learn more history from reading the downlow than I ever did in High School.:cool: :cool:

elcabezon
09-08-2005, 07:57 PM
Hawks by 2 TD's

The Hawks are tough at home. We pack it in and are LOUD!!! (well at least I am :) )

Jody you should try the chicken fried steak with cheese at either Paraiso, Rincon, Steak House or Tina's. The best in the world!!!! And that's coming from a fat man so I know food!

Hawk Fan Izzy
09-08-2005, 11:28 PM
Complete slaughter. Cigarroa bows to us every year.

38-6

Jody
09-09-2005, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by elcabezon
Hawks by 2 TD's

The Hawks are tough at home. We pack it in and are LOUD!!! (well at least I am :) )

Jody you should try the chicken fried steak with cheese at either Paraiso, Rincon, Steak House or Tina's. The best in the world!!!! And that's coming from a fat man so I know food!

Will do. Got 2 tournaments there next year. Thanks.

Jody
09-09-2005, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Phil C

Hope some of those "Outstanding" doctors are at the game, should you be playing in Laredo. You may catch stray fire from across the border. Crazy Mexican Mofia and government...........really screwed up that border town.

Sinton94
09-09-2005, 08:03 AM
Zapata by 31!

Phil C
09-09-2005, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Jody
Hope some of those "Outstanding" doctors are at the game, should you be playing in Laredo. You may catch stray fire from across the border. Crazy Mexican Mofia and government...........really screwed up that border town.

Actually and sadly Dr. Leo has passed away and he had a younger brother and father that were doctors and I know his father has passed away but I don't know about his brother but if he is alive he would probably be close to 80. I don't know if they had any sons or daughters that decided to be doctors or not.

HAWKS
09-09-2005, 05:23 PM
There's three doctors in laredo that I know that are Cigarroa and very good doctors may I say. I don't know if they come from the same Cigarroa family.It's the father Joaquin and two sons Ricardo and Carlos.