PDA

View Full Version : Never 3A

Bell_06
12-14-2003, 12:49 AM
Can anyone tell me why seldom if ever you see anything written up in the Houston Chronicle about 3A schools and the lower divisions. I was just looking at the headlines, and of course 5A is all over the place.. there was a slight mention about 4A, But 3,2, and 1 are like the ugly stepchildren.

j_dog
12-14-2003, 02:25 AM
Pure and simple numbers. 3a does not have as many readers in the Houston area. i.e., the HC doesn't care. frown

jdawg85
12-14-2003, 02:29 AM
I live in Jasper and we get the Chronicle here. There are alot of readers of the paper that do not live in the Houston area.

spiveyrat
12-15-2003, 11:28 AM
jdawg85:
I live in Jasper and we get the Chronicle here. There are alot of readers of the paper that do not live in the Houston area.Doesn't matter. Jasper is not their target audience. When Jasper went down to 3A, I quit seeing things about them in the paper.

sinton66
12-15-2003, 12:40 PM
I don't think any other major newspaper in the state is any better about it than the HC, at least not any of them I've read. When they do cover 3A, it's more of a shock to our readers than anything else.

shinigdam
12-15-2003, 01:02 PM
Its even more than whats listed above and its not just limited to 3A. I grew up in FTW and have come to appreciate that paper ( Star Telegram )and their Sports section the more I receive my crappy Chronicle. If you want info on the Stros,Rockets,Texans....this is your paper. Very limited good high school coverage. They do hit 5A pretty well, but your right Bell 06, you cant even get them to list the entire lineup of State Playoffs half the time ( limiting the list to just Div's 3 and 4 ). For a major market paper, thats what you get....the major crap. I have lived here for 14 years and have traveled many places in the US. I certify that the Chronicle is just about as bad as it gets. Too bad they bought out the Post years ago.....at least they would cover the smaller high school clasifications with some effort and zeal. But I am part of the problem too....as bad as I hate this paper, I still take it! Shame on me.