PDA

View Full Version : USA 2 Guatemala 0!!!

PhiI C
09-07-2005, 11:46 PM
That was the Men's national soccer team who have already qualified for the World Cup in Soccer next year in Germany! Way to go USA!!!

AggieJohn
09-07-2005, 11:57 PM
nice needless game.....

Manck
09-08-2005, 03:10 AM
The score was actually 0-0.

Piss poor performance. Without Carlos Ruiz, I didn't expect Guatemala to score, but the US should have hung at least 2 or 3 on them.

Great job by Marcus Hahnemann to keep some shots out of the net. Great backup. Watch out for him when he's our starter in net in World Cup 2010.

GreenMonster
09-08-2005, 03:25 AM
US did play a bunch of people in the second half though Josh. Coach wanted to "get a good look" at what all he has available before he has to nail down his roster for the 2006 World Cup. Announcers stated that as many as 10 spaces could still be open right now. Throw in the fact that Guatemala only needed a victory to get into the World Cup for the first time in 60 plus years and you really have a recipe for an upset. US was at least able to hang on for the tie. Sorry Phil, I'mma closet soccer fan. Grew up watching the great Mia Hamm play youth soccer up here in the Wichita Falls area. I played until Jr Hi when FOOTBALL took over my life. PS. when Mia Hamm was 12 years old she was playing U16 boys soccer and DOMINATING those 14 and 15 year old boys. Chick can get 'er done.