18.) Oklahoma (0-1) -- 8
19.) Boston College (1-0) -- 25
20.) Georgia Tech (1-0) -- NR
21.) UTEP (1-0) -- 23
22.) Virginia (1-0) -- 24
23.) TCU (1-0) -- NR
24.) Fresno State (1-0) -- NR
25.) Notre Dame (1-0) -- NR

DROPPED OUT: Boise State (16), Auburn (18), Texas A&M (20), Pitt (21)

ON THE WAITING LIST: Clemson, Alabama, Penn State, Oregon, Minnesota, UCLA, South Carolina, Colorado

KTJ's Big 12 Power Rankings

1.) Texas (1-0) -- 1
2.) Texas Tech (0-0) -- 3
3.) Colorado (1-0) -- 5
4.) Iowa State (1-0) -- 6
5.) Oklahoma (0-1) -- 2
6.) Nebraska (1-0) -- 8
7.) Texas A&M (0-1) -- 4
8.) Kansas State (1-0) -- 10
9.) Oklahoma State (1-0) -- 7
10.) Kansas (1-0) -- 11
11.) Mizzou (1-0) -- 9
12.) Baylor (1-0) -- 12

AggieJohn
09-07-2005, 03:00 PM
nah

sahen
09-07-2005, 03:27 PM
aww come on KTJ....Baylor is still 12 when there was several schools that struggled w/ D1-AA schools at home, atleast we beat a D1A school on the road, even if it was SMU....

and how is Mizzou ranked behind Kansas, KState, Nebraska, and Ok. State? do you know something everyone else dont?

AggieJohn
09-07-2005, 03:29 PM
baylor is a little better than your willing to give, and A&M's loss is not as bad as your wanting to make it, nebraska has been given the schedule from the God's, tech hasn't even played yet, and the qb situation at OU isn't as bad as you think, it's just that they needed to give A.D. more touches

KTJ
09-07-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by sahen
aww come on KTJ....Baylor is still 12 when there was several schools that struggled w/ D1-AA schools at home, atleast we beat a D1A school on the road, even if it was SMU....

and how is Mizzou ranked behind Kansas, KState, Nebraska, and Ok. State? do you know something everyone else dont?

Until Baylor beats someone significant, you can't give them too much credit. You know that.

The last time I checked, Gary Pinkle was still the coach at Mizzou. Mizzou started off this exact way last year and you saw what happened. Until they can prove something, I'm not buying them.

sahen
09-07-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Until Baylor beats someone significant, you can't give them too much credit. You know that.

The last time I checked, Gary Pinkle was still the coach at Mizzou. Mizzou started off this exact way last year and you saw what happened. Until they can prove something, I'm not buying them.

I understand the Baylor thing, even though I think that we are better than some of the north teams, esp. KState and Kansas....but I dont think Mizzou will finish last, they have Brad Smith and him along should be able to beat some of the North schools, i wouldnt be surprised if they won the north (i dunno where they get nebraska at though, if it is at home they have a good chance) or finished 2nd in it....

KTJ
09-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
baylor is a little better than your willing to give, and A&M's loss is not as bad as your wanting to make it, nebraska has been given the schedule from the God's, tech hasn't even played yet, and the qb situation at OU isn't as bad as you think, it's just that they needed to give A.D. more touches

If you're mad because I didn't give Texas A&M all the glory, that's fine. But don't get upset because there are other teams out there that are better than they are.

We were asked not to double post college threads but yet you went and found something to "trump" mine. It's just all fun dude. You don't even go to A&M anymore.

KTJ
09-07-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by sahen
I understand the Baylor thing, even though I think that we are better than some of the north teams, esp. KState and Kansas....but I dont think Mizzou will finish last, they have Brad Smith and him along should be able to beat some of the North schools, i wouldnt be surprised if they won the north (i dunno where they get nebraska at though, if it is at home they have a good chance) or finished 2nd in it....

Colorado or ISU wins the North.

Mark it down.

sahen
09-07-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

Mark it down.

you are right KTJ, i somehow forgot all about Colorado...i think they will win the north, Iowa St. struggled against North Illinois St. or some crappy team at home the other day....if they win the north they will have some serious work to do...Colorado showed a lotta poise in a big rivalry game last weekend....

big daddy russ
09-07-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

Mark it down.
I don't know about Iowa State but I'd buy either Colorado OR Mizzou winning the North. Iowa State just doesn't have enough horses to get past either IMHO. As far as Nebraska, they'll flame out towards the end of October. I just really don't have a lot of faith in the Cornhusker nation this year.

But overall, I like the poll. Looks really good. I especially like VaTech at five and Iowa at six. Nice poll, KTJ.

KTJ
09-08-2005, 10:59 AM
Mizzou has to go to CU to play and I believe both CU and Mizzou have to go to ISU to play. But ISU has to go to Nebraska. (I think.)