PDA

View Full Version : Burnet -49.5, sounds about right

LowDownDawg
11-24-2003, 04:16 PM
I would say that line on the Sinton game is about right. It would take a major malfunction on Burnet's part not to cover that. What some of you label "big-headedness" is not that at all. Why are the pundits picking such a big blowout? Do you think they know something about both teams? Burnet is getting geared up over all this stuff from Sinton superintendent and coaching staff not wanting to meet halfway on a decent field. Burnet people are mad, and nothing against Sinton fans, but your admin and coaching staff used poor judgment in this event.

HotDawg89
11-24-2003, 04:20 PM
Amen! I just posted a big 'ol book on another thread about that very subject. Any chance Sinton had is now totally blown by the "firing up" we just got! What a RAW deal huh?

BIG19
11-24-2003, 04:25 PM
HotDawg89:
Amen! I just posted a big 'ol book on another thread about that very subject. Any chance Sinton had is now totally blown by the "firing up" we just got! What a RAW deal huh?Easy HotDawg.....You are going to travel wherever, correct? I know it is a ways away, but look where we played Everman last year. Was that the right thing to do? Don't remember people from Burnet complaining then. Need to suck it up and just go. Make a weekend of it. And don't tell me about driving time........

Chupacabra
11-24-2003, 04:25 PM
I don't know, it's going to be dang hard to get that .5 of a point.

Seriously though people, give it up already, this has been covered more than enough on several other topics, we don't need to bring it up once again

LowDownDawg
11-24-2003, 04:27 PM
Reason we played Everman last year at the Alamodome was because they wouldn't agree to a neutral site that was worth a crap. Coin tosses for home and home at this juncture of the season are bad for one good for the other but fair to neither.

BIG19
11-24-2003, 04:37 PM
LowDownDawg:
Reason we played Everman last year at the Alamodome was because they wouldn't agree to a neutral site that was worth a crap. Coin tosses for home and home at this juncture of the season are bad for one good for the other but fair to neither.Completely understandable. That is why Sinton chose where they did. They won the coin toss. This is NOT a non-competitive sport like our society wants our children to grow up in now a days. Sinton won the toss, they chose, Burnet just has to live with it. End of story. All the griping in the world is not going to change anything, so let it be. If you go to the game, then great. If you cannot make it to the game, sorry, cheer from home. Heck send the boys off in style, alot like the way they entered the stadium last week. Either way continue to show your support!!

bulldogvet85
11-24-2003, 04:47 PM
BIG19:

HotDawg89:
Amen! I just posted a big 'ol book on another thread about that very subject. Any chance Sinton had is now totally blown by the "firing up" we just got! What a RAW deal huh?Easy HotDawg.....You are going to travel wherever, correct? I know it is a ways away, but look where we played Everman last year. Was that the right thing to do? Don't remember people from Burnet complaining then. Need to suck it up and just go. Make a weekend of it. And don't tell me about driving time........true but the drive for everman and burnet is a litle more fair then the drive for burnet to sinton. for burnet to drive to the dome it would be like 2 hrs maybe a little more. for everman to drive to the dome 3hrs maybe a little over thats almost in the middle and thats a heck of alot more fair then burnet driving freak'n 3 to 4hrs and sinton driving what 1 and a half hours (not really sure what the drive form there would be) i meant come on thats a little extreme

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: bulldogvet85 ]</small>

Burnet '94
11-24-2003, 04:52 PM
19, I don't have a problem with the site. I do, however, have a problem with someone telling me that my kids can't sit with me unless I buy adult tix. I have NEVER, EVER, heard of such a thing at a high school game.

And what's with the no general admission tix? I've been to buccaneer stadium before and we purchased our tix at the gate.

Poor sinton. After we knock them out, we're gonna step their throats.

Buckeye80
11-24-2003, 04:55 PM
Heck, Richardson is like 40 miles from Celina, and Gilmer fans had 128 miles to go. We weren't complaining. We just overthrew the Blackeyed Pea in Richardson! :D :D

HotDawg89
11-24-2003, 05:05 PM
BIG19:

HotDawg89:
Amen! I just posted a big 'ol book on another thread about that very subject. Any chance Sinton had is now totally blown by the "firing up" we just got! What a RAW deal huh?Easy HotDawg.....You are going to travel wherever, correct? I know it is a ways away, but look where we played Everman last year. Was that the right thing to do? Don't remember people from Burnet complaining then. Need to suck it up and just go. Make a weekend of it. And don't tell me about driving time........Big- it is a really bad time for me to head to Corpus. But you know I won't dare miss it. We move on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. So much for Thanksgiving. Then to miss the big college games on tv... hey, I'd watch Burnet over UT anyday... but that is supposed to be a dead day, you know? Lay around and play dead from all the turkey you ate... Plus, the baby is sick and I'm hormonal, any questions???

I'm just irritated, that's all. I'll PM you with some details I can't share publically about this whole thing later.
Hugs!

dawgmeister
11-24-2003, 07:02 PM
...This is NOT a non-competitive sport like our society wants our children to grow up in now a days. Sinton won the toss, they chose, Burnet just has to live with it. End of story. All the griping in the world is not going to change anything, so let it be. If you go to the game, then great. If you cannot make it to the game, sorry, cheer from home... NOT MAKE IT TO THE GAME?!? Last one out of Burnet be sure to turn the lights out! We were at the game last Saturday, and saw how smug the Supt. and coach from Sinton was. They're making it as difficult as possible for folks from Burnet. Well... they can HAVE AT IT! We'll be there with bells on!! :cool:

SintonFan
11-24-2003, 07:20 PM
Burnet '94:
19, I don't have a problem with the site. I do, however, have a problem with someone telling me that my kids can't sit with me unless I buy adult tix. I have NEVER, EVER, heard of such a thing at a high school game.

And what's with the no general admission tix? I've been to buccaneer stadium before and we purchased our tix at the gate.

Poor sinton. After we knock them out, we're gonna step their throats.Poor sinton. After we knock them out, we're gonna step their throats.
That's a classy thing to say. wink

bigdogsbulldogmom
11-24-2003, 07:29 PM
we know we are competing with a................"clASS"act............... :rolleyes: