PDA

View Full Version : 4 HOURS UNTIL GILMER GOSE DOWN.

cc700
11-21-2003, 04:35 PM
CELINA-35 GILMER-21

cc700
11-21-2003, 04:39 PM
MY BAD I NEED TO LEARN TO SPELL

surfspike
11-21-2003, 04:47 PM
Celina has a decent defense, but after the showing they put against commerce, I don't see Gilmer losing unless they play a horrible game. I can't wait to see how this game really pans out tonight. :)

Ranger Mom
11-21-2003, 11:42 PM
4 hours til Gilmer goes down.....in history??? :p

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-22-2003, 12:04 AM
Sorry to say, the only ones I saw go down was Celina.

But on that same note, I wasn't impressed with Gilmer either. Take out #7 and Gilmer is VERY beatable.

reptard7isCRAZY
11-22-2003, 12:07 AM
Not going to say any names, but i know a team that is excellent at shuting down one player teams...held a 2000+ yrd rusher to 50-60 yrds even with the backups playing the 4th quarter.

<small>[ November 21, 2003, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: reptard7isCRAZY ]</small>

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-22-2003, 12:09 AM
I was wondering why Celina wasn't playing a couple of safetys? That #7 looked like he wouldn't be able to take a good hit. Celina never bothered to even TRY to hit him.

3afan
11-22-2003, 12:09 AM
i guess gilmer did go down --- they went down the field many times to score ...

Rabbit'93
11-22-2003, 11:23 AM
cc700:
CELINA-35 GILMER-21Man when you're wrong...you're WRONG :D

Buckeye80
11-22-2003, 05:52 PM
TarponFanInNorthTexas:
Sorry to say, the only ones I saw go down was Celina.

But on that same note, I wasn't impressed with Gilmer either. Take out #7 and Gilmer is VERY beatable.Gilmer 45
Celina 22

#7, Manuel Johnson is not the only player we have on offense. #5, Derek McKenzie (16 of 29 for 270 yards/3TD's), #21 Andrew Hines (12 carries 213 yards/3TD's), #18 Derell Moore, #12 Michael Tucker, #10 Nick York, and #2 Tykemy Montgomery all contribute to our offensive success on a regular basis. Last night was just an example of our coaches trying to exploit Celina's defense with our best receiver. And they did several times!
Celina fought hard, and I applaud their effort. If they do go back to 2A next year, they'll pick up right where they left off.

Jacket2000
11-22-2003, 06:26 PM
I was pretty impressed with Gilmer. But, Im still not ready to call them a state championship contender. Here's why.
First off, Celina gave several points to Gilmer. Not that they wouldn't have won anyway, but Id bet borrowed money that it wouldnt have been nearly as bad. But, Celina was starting 6 sophmores, so I reckon that's expected.
Second, Gilmer is VERY dependent on the big play. I dont think I ever saw a sustained drive. I'll be curious to see how that works against someone like Atlanta.
J2K

Buckeye80
11-22-2003, 06:45 PM
Jacket2000:
I was pretty impressed with Gilmer. But, Im still not ready to call them a state championship contender. Here's why.
First off, Celina gave several points to Gilmer. Not that they wouldn't have won anyway, but Id bet borrowed money that it wouldnt have been nearly as bad. But, Celina was starting 6 sophmores, so I reckon that's expected.
Second, Gilmer is VERY dependent on the big play. I dont think I ever saw a sustained drive. I'll be curious to see how that works against someone like Atlanta.
J2KIf it comes down to the Buckeyes and Rabbits, I like out chances, and here's why. Atlanta has a very stifling defense, but they are very suspect on the offensive side of the ball. I don't think that they will be able to shut us out, and we have shut down (DField) and contained (Celina) two very good offenses the past two weeks. But Atlanta has to get past a very pesky Jefferson squad first, and we have to take care of Tatum.

Besides, the big plays are worth just as many points as the little plays :D :D :D

Jacket2000
11-22-2003, 06:58 PM
Buckeye80:

Jacket2000:
J2KBesides, the big plays are worth just as many points as the little plays :D :D :D This is true, but Celina is much better at long, sustained drives, and D'field just didtn show up(not that Gilmer wouldn't have won if they had). Id say Gilmer's offense is much better than their defense, and I think it'll be interesting to see them play another big play team.
J2K

Buckeye80
11-22-2003, 10:00 PM
LOL wink

<small>[ November 22, 2003, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Buckeye80 ]</small>