PDA

View Full Version : Sinton Volleyball?

pirateman98
09-06-2005, 01:50 PM
Since football has now picked up, I haven't heard much about the girl's. Someone with a their record, who they play next, etc.. please let me know something. I have a niece on the team and my family is very hard to get a hold of during the school year. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
pirateman98:)

pirate4state
09-06-2005, 02:08 PM
They have a game tonight (according to the schedule) here against Laredo. They cancelled on Laredo early in the season so Laredo may repay the favor. :confused: This weekend the Varsity & JV squads will host King high school and the freshman team will travel to Orange Grove. The Varsity team was in Victoria this weekend, but I haven't heard how they did. :( I'll see if I can find anything out for you. :)

Phil C
09-06-2005, 02:09 PM
The Booster Club sign just now read that they were going to play tonight at Ray High School in Corpus Christi. You can call 361-364-6650 to verify it.

Phil C
09-06-2005, 02:11 PM
They had a tournament in Victoria last weekend but I don't have any results yet. I was regular at the games but I have to be limited now with gasoline prices going up plus the high percentage costs they charge at the gate.

pirate4state
09-06-2005, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
The Booster Club sign just now read that they were going to play tonight at Ray High School in Corpus Christi. You can call 361-364-6650 to verify it. Alot of good schedules do!! :mad: Even the Caller Times has Laredo coming to Sinton @ 6:30pm tonight. :rolleyes:

Phil C
09-08-2005, 11:12 AM
The Sinton Girls have a game this Saturday against a very good 5A team King High of Corpus Christi. The JVs and Varsity are playing and according to the schedule it starts at 9 A.M. Sinton has several girls injured and that could be critical especially with district coming up soon so let's hope they get over their injuries. The shame of it was they were doing so well even though they were a young team.
Sinton was named for David Sinton who was a major stockholder of the nation-wide Coleman-Fulton Pasture Company who donated the land for the City of Sinton to be built in the late 1800s. He was from Cincinatti, Ohio. Ironically he never came to Texas to visit the city named for him.

District303aPastPlayer
09-08-2005, 11:19 AM
They had a tournament in Victoria last weekend but I don't have any results yet. I was regular at the games but I have to be limited now with gasoline prices going up plus the high percentage costs they charge at the gate.

at the volleyball tourney they didnt place.. thats what i got from one of the girls.

pirate4state
09-08-2005, 11:21 AM
The Sinton Girls have a game this Saturday against a very good 5A team King High of Corpus Christi. The JVs and Varsity are playing and according to the schedule it starts at 9 A.M. Sinton has several girls injured and that could be critical especially with district coming up soon so let's hope they get over their injuries. The shame of it was they were doing so well even though they were a young team. They got 3rd place in the "silver" division up in Victoria over the weekend. You are right about the injuries, such a shame they had to come before district. Could spell trouble for this young team. :(

Sinton was named for David Sinton who was a major stockholder of the nation-wide Coleman-Fulton Pasture Company who donated the land for the City of Sinton to be built in the late 1800s. He was from Cincinatti, Ohio. Ironically he never came to Texas to visit the city named for him. :confused: Where did this come from?? :confused: You're killin' me Phil! ;)

Buccaneer
09-08-2005, 01:08 PM
And the Jr. High in Sinton was named for Emmett Smith! He has visited Sinton!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-08-2005, 05:36 PM
Emmett Merle Smith Jr High:)