PDA

View Full Version : Silsbee 0-2???

jet sweep
09-06-2005, 01:21 PM
I'm a bit surprised by this start. I know they lost some key skill players from last year, but thought they could still win games. I have not had the chance to watch them yet, but plan on making the HJ game this Friday. Anyone Silsbee posters been to a game. Whats the problem??

Tiger90
09-06-2005, 01:43 PM
13-15 fumbles, inexperienced QB, wrs with amputated hands, and more fumbles

Seriously though, they should improve as the season progresses.

jet sweep
09-06-2005, 02:35 PM
Hard to beat anyone with that many fumbles.........glad to know its due to turnovers and dropped balls and not a drastic dip in talent..........hopefully they can hang on to the ball and get the w this week.

89JDAWG
09-06-2005, 02:53 PM
as we have come to learn in Jasper it is not how you start that matters, its how you finish!!! Silsbee will be in the top three and that is all that really matters.

Jody
09-07-2005, 06:56 AM
They sucked last year until mid-season. Then they just puckered a bit. So did Bridge City. Doesn't really matter as both will get hammered, if they make the playoffs. :D

Just a humble opinion......:D

jet sweep
09-07-2005, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Jody
They sucked last year until mid-season. Then they just puckered a bit. So did Bridge City. Doesn't really matter as both will get hammered, if they make the playoffs. :D

Just a humble opinion......:D

They were 10-1 last year....i'd say they were good in the beginning, middle, and end of last year. Excellent post my man!!!

bulldogbark
09-07-2005, 07:23 AM
who would they get hammered by? I know your not talking about BH. thats pretty funny:) :) :) :) IMO

AggiesAreWe
09-07-2005, 08:16 AM
Silsbee's problem... turnovers, turnovers, turnovers. Silsbee has fumbled 18 times actually, losing 10. They also have 4 ints for a total of 14 turnovers in 2 games. Can't beat anybody with those numbers. The qb situation is not good, responsible for 11 of those turnovers. Silsbee has still not decided on 1 qb yet, still alternating. Look for the one that can start protecting the ball better to be the fulltime qb, whoever that will be. I feel Silsbee is a good enough team to win with maybe 1-2 turnovers a game, but definetly not good enough to overcome 7 a game. Fumbles are something a veer offense just has to live with, nature of the beast, but not this many. Silsbee stops turning it over, Silsbee starts winning.

jet sweep
09-07-2005, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
Silsbee's problem... turnovers, turnovers, turnovers. Silsbee has fumbled 18 times actually, losing 10. They also have 4 ints for a total of 14 turnovers in 2 games. Can't beat anybody with those numbers. The qb situation is not good, responsible for 11 of those turnovers. Silsbee has still not decided on 1 qb yet, still alternating. Look for the one that can start protecting the ball better to be the fulltime qb, whoever that will be. I feel Silsbee is a good enough team to win with maybe 1-2 turnovers a game, but definetly not good enough to overcome 7 a game. Fumbles are something a veer offense just has to live with, nature of the beast, but not this many. Silsbee stops turning it over, Silsbee starts winning.

I just looked at their schedule and it seems that if they can get a win Friday, they might could roll of 6 in a row until the Kirbyville game. I sure hope so! 14 turnovers!! That is terrible!! Never heard of that many through 2 games. I guess they are lucky to have only been beaten by 7 and 14 pts.