PDA

View Full Version : Early thoughts on Jasper

kaybee1527
09-06-2005, 11:11 AM
Hey Jasper fans need honest opinions. i know i its early but, what are your thoughts on how 1)Gilbert is playing at QB, and 2)How the coaches are using him at QB. My 2 cents and feeling of a lot of fans I have talked to is that he is being ran way too much on dives and sweeps. I just dont think your QB should carry ball 20+ times in a game, when u have a very capable RB in Hunt who get but bout 5-10 touches(and makes the best out of them). Moye fumbles a lot and I think it has to do with him being tired. Hopefully this is not taken the wrong way and feel free to let me know if I am out of line or off base. I think he looks good when he drops back and scambles when no body is open. And that Hunt kid just impresses me the way he runs the ball so hard. Not taking anything away from coaches cause I am just a fan, but WoS game plan would really look nice ran by Jasper athletes. Just imagine Moye rolling out and throwing short passes to Spoon, Adams, T-ray, and Stoneham and letting them make things happen in open field. I think they are depending on speed straight up the field and Moye just throwing it deep. That is really scary for the rest of 3a. Anyway just my thoughts. What do you guys think. Oh and by the way that SPOON kid is a PLAYER. Against PNG he was every where. Any body know about who is recruiting him? He makes play after play. Everytime the ball goes his way something good happens(penalty or big play). He should touch the ball more too.

spiveyrat
09-06-2005, 12:12 PM
I'd agree they probably use him too much. We have a lot of weapons and we should use them all. It was nice to see that he passed for a lot of yards last week, though. He does fumble a lot. And I don't know if because he's tired or what. But, we had the same troubles early last year, and we definitely got better then. I don't know what the exact stats are, but in my opinion, we've fumbled less this year as compared to last year. I think we'll be ok. Let's just pray for an injury free year!

Gobbler Fan
09-06-2005, 12:13 PM
I wonder why they arent using their 3 back shotgun set ......what are you saving it for it's no secret . And yes when your QB is running 25+ times a game it going to take a toll .

bulldogbark
09-06-2005, 12:39 PM
I would have thought they would keep #4 in the 3 back shotgun offense since he is also a qb ,, but i am not a coach and they got us to the finals last year:)

JHS_c/o_06'
09-06-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
I wonder why they arent using their 3 back shotgun set ......what are you saving it for it's no secret . And yes when your QB is running 25+ times a game it going to take a toll .

It might not be a secret that we are gonna run it, but when are we going to run it. We can run an entirely different offense out of the 3 back shotgun. So, we run what we are now all season long, and then BAM!, we hit them with that, they arent prepared cause they have only been looking at film with us using our current offense.

89JDAWG
09-06-2005, 03:46 PM
I was very disappointed in moye the way he ran the ball against wos. He would slide and run out of bounds alot. Not to mention the fumbles.(because he did the same thing last year)In the passing game I think he has problems checking off and finding the open man. He is a great athlete but not a great qb but that can still get you to the big dance as it was proven last year. I cant believe out of all the kids in JHS that they can not find someone to kick, you would think after last year that would be #1 on the coaches list!!! The o-line looks solid and now after they pushed around PNG I am impressed. The D does not look as strong as last year and that could hurt 3 or 4 rounds deep in the playoffs!!

Hupernikomen
09-06-2005, 04:21 PM
You guys bring up somethings that alot of us Jasper fans are thinking about...

yes Moye is being overused. I would be willing to bet he would gain more yards if he ran the ball 12 times per game than the 25 he is running it now because #1 they are running him out of an empty backfield mostly and the whole defense front is keying on him. #2 He isn't having to compete to get the ball because he knows he is the man. Those other guys deserve some carries.

Of course the other teams are preparing for Jasper's 3 back set. They have films from previous years. No sense in saving it..get your best offense on the field and get it rolling..

Kicking game..well I know one of our posters here is kicking for us and I appreciate their hardwork. We did make our attempts against PNG save the one '06 clanked off of the goalpost :D

89JDAWG
09-06-2005, 04:35 PM
dont get me wrong I would not knock the kid kicking he is doing his best but I dont think the coaches have any ideal how to teach a player to kick they are left to learn on their own. It would be great for someone to attend a kicking school.

Hupernikomen
09-06-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by 89JDAWG
dont get me wrong I would not knock the kid kicking he is doing his best but I dont think the coaches have any ideal how to teach a player to kick they are left to learn on their own. It would be great for someone to attend a kicking school.

And you are certain that someone hasn't attended kicking school?

The first string kicker made all his attempts. They gave another kicker a rep. and he missed. I don't see what the problem is.

15portsfan
09-06-2005, 09:14 PM
Dont worry about these two ,both will be playing in the final game of 3a football this year. As I recall, Jasper lost games last year and didnt even win their district then went on one serious butt whoopin binge. I think Jasper with Moya at QB wins the state championship.

YBS
09-08-2005, 04:58 PM
Sean Weatherspoon WR/LB is/was being recruited by Texas A&M, George, and Arizona St. Last year he & A&M seemed destined to be together but lately I think UGA and ASU have both passed up A&M. I don't know why but that's based on what I've read and convos my people have had w/ his people. Hopefully the Ags will be able to come from behind b/c they're in desperate need of an LB to redshirt next year possibly even get some PT.