PDA

View Full Version : Greenwood vs Sweetwater

Ranger Mom
09-06-2005, 10:21 AM
Well...what can I say??

This is gonna be a tough one for my Rangers!

Can they compete? If anything, they DO have heart and there is talent there......just don't know how well that will match up with Sweetwater's SPEED!!

I can't do it, but...... predictions anyone??

Black_Magic
09-06-2005, 10:23 AM
sweetwater by 13. but you never know. Greenwood hung with Wylie.

Ranger Mom
09-06-2005, 10:30 AM
I need to organize some kind of M&G too....even if I don't get the flag.

Can a Sweetwater person tell me where would be the best place to meet??

If possible, before the game or at halftime is the best for me!!

I doubt there will be too many Greenwood posters, so I will just meet yall whenever yall decide is the best time!

Let me know!!

injuredinmelee
09-06-2005, 10:42 AM
greenwood didnt hang with Wylie. There were two touchdowns called back and the Ranger scores were late against mostly back ups.

Black & Gold
09-06-2005, 10:45 AM
I don't know much about Greenwood this year but they will come to play. I don't think that will stop Sweetwater though!!! Sweetwater will win, not sure by how much.

injuredinmelee
09-06-2005, 10:47 AM
Sweetwater by 21

mustang68
09-06-2005, 10:58 AM
Ranger Mom
Halftime is always crazy on the home side because of the lack of space.
I would suggest M & G on Greenwood/visitor's side by the field fence near the entrance either before the game or halftime: either or both would work. Hope we have a safe game. Good luck to the Rangers

Ranger Mom
09-06-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
greenwood didnt hang with Wylie. There were two touchdowns called back and the Ranger scores were late against mostly back ups.

Gee...thanks!!

We had a TD called back too!:rolleyes:

vet93
09-06-2005, 11:26 AM
Sweetwater by 28. Greenwood is a good team, but they are playing the class of west texas 3a in successive weeks.

panther power
09-06-2005, 11:36 AM
I see it as sweetwater winning by 28, the rangers are good but sweetwater is in a whole other league.......

Good luck to both teams.

mustang04
09-06-2005, 11:40 AM
sweetwater by alot...., i dont think ill be able to make it though RM:(

ML05
09-06-2005, 11:42 AM
Sorry, Greenwood, but I'm picking Sweetwater for this one, considering their high ranking and their performance in Weeks 0 and 1. I think Greenwood will give them a run for their money in the first half, but they'll just be up against too much of those Mustangs. Good luck to both teams. Maybe Greenwood can pull off a freak win. There's no tellin! Guess we'll find out Friday night!

sww-bull52
09-06-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I need to organize some kind of M&G too....even if I don't get the flag.

Can a Sweetwater person tell me where would be the best place to meet??

If possible, before the game or at halftime is the best for me!!

I doubt there will be too many Greenwood posters, so I will just meet yall whenever yall decide is the best time!

Let me know!!

I will be on the "tunnel crew" both before game and at halftime if that will work.
Good luck to ya'll and hope everybody comes out of the game healthy.

SnyTigBaseB07
09-06-2005, 11:46 AM
i say s'water by 28...sorry RM but ya they're hard.

mustang04
09-06-2005, 11:47 AM
ok...i cant hold it back anymore, i think sweetwater will romp g-wood, i dunno why, i mean i know how they did against wylie, but i just have a feeling for sweetwater to be improved on its lil mistakes that have been biting the players in the butt the past 2 weeks, no offense greenwood, much love!:D

gibby
09-06-2005, 12:15 PM
Know what -- Nobody expected TCU over OU. Stuff happens. How much did GW learn from Wylie? How much did SW learn from Lv? True, speed kills. Gotta go with our Sw. - darn. More learning for GW. They
will play hard and I really hope no one gets banged up.

Ranger Mom
09-06-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by gibby
and I really hope no one gets banged up.

That is my biggest wish....I knew we were gonna be "off" this year with a new coach, new system, etc.

We actually played against Abilene Wylie better than I expected us too, and despite the score, I still saw some positive things during the game.

Oh..and Reggie...you BETTER go, I have been waiting for this game all season just to see YOU!!!;)

mustang04
09-06-2005, 12:42 PM
That is my biggest wish....I knew we were gonna be "off" this year with a new coach, new system, etc.

We actually played against Abilene Wylie better than I expected us too, and despite the score, I still saw some positive things during the game.

Oh..and Reggie...you BETTER go, I have been waiting for this game all season just to see YOU!!!;)

i want to, but GOSH stupid gas is $$$

ill try:)

Whsdogs
09-06-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
ok...i cant hold it back anymore, i think sweetwater will romp g-wood, i dunno why, i mean i know how they did against wylie, but i just have a feeling for sweetwater to be improved on its lil mistakes that have been biting the players in the butt the past 2 weeks, no offense greenwood, much love!:D

sweetwater will take this one by a landslide of a margin...have u seen the speed of those skilled position players???? Wylie shoulda toasted greenwood by more than that and sweetwater is just as good if not better.

Ranger Mom
09-06-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Whsdogs
sweetwater will take this one by a landslide of a margin...have u seen the speed of those skilled position players???? Wylie shoulda toasted greenwood by more than that and sweetwater is just as good if not better.

Wow...that makes us sounds so....WEAK!!

I am not feeling the love on this thread!!:D

SnyTigBaseB07
09-06-2005, 12:47 PM

Its ok RM, ya'll just got put up against the 3 tougest contenders in 4-3a....other than wylie, snyder, s'water, ya'll will win all the others! I look forward to discussing ya'lls wins

mustang04
09-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by SnyTigBaseB07
Its ok RM, ya'll just got put up against the 3 tougest contenders in 4-3a....other than wylie, snyder, s'water, ya'll will win all the others! I look forward to discussing ya'lls wins

not only the 3 toughest contenders in 4-3A, but 3 of some of the toughest in the State!!! at least greenwood will go into the district play battle tested

Ranger Mom
09-06-2005, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by SnyTigBaseB07

So what have you heard about Andrews?? We play them the game after Snyder....for homecoming!!

SnyTigBaseB07
09-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Andrews can be a tough team when they jive right, but against ya'll it should be a fairly easy win, ya'll will take it by 14

haha we play them right after ya'll...we both better win!

Whsdogs
09-06-2005, 12:50 PM

No hard feelings Ranger Mom..i've got nothing against GW just like sweetwaters chances in this one...but true gw does have a tough schedule

Ranger Mom
09-06-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Whsdogs
No hard feelings Ranger Mom..i've got nothing against GW just like sweetwaters chances in this one...but true gw does have a tough schedule

Nah...i was just joking around. I know the odds are against us.

But hey...miracles can happen!!

SnyTigBaseB07
09-06-2005, 12:52 PM
RM if ya'll beat S'water then by god i'll buy you a car....... :D

Whsdogs
09-06-2005, 12:52 PM
Nah...i was just joking around. I know the odds are against us.

But hey...miracles can happen!!

Haha indeed they can..and i have personally witness them on the field...lets say wylie vs everman in 03 my senior year lol

Johnny Moxen
09-06-2005, 04:36 PM
Well, to MG's credit they played hard until the end of the Wylie game. However, I also think that Sweetwater will be too much for them. SW by 21. Sorry Ranger Mom.

On another note, I sure hope that the MG player injured in the Wylie/MG JV game was not seriously hurt? I saw that they had to take him off on a stretcher, I just hope that the use of the stretcher was precautionary.

Best of luck to both teams this Friday.

Ranger Mom
09-06-2005, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Moxen
Well, to MG's credit they played hard until the end of the Wylie game. However, I also think that Sweetwater will be too much for them. SW by 21. Sorry Ranger Mom.

On another note, I sure hope that the MG player injured in the Wylie/MG JV game was not seriously hurt? I saw that they had to take him off on a stretcher, I just hope that the use of the stretcher was precautionary.

Best of luck to both teams this Friday.

Well...that kid was playing with his arm in a cast, he had broken his wrist a couple of weeks before.

Sadly, he broke his leg in 2 places and had to have surgery. He wasn't released from the hospital in Abilene until yesterday!

jmcgee
09-06-2005, 04:58 PM
S'Water by 28

Ranger05
09-06-2005, 05:27 PM
Well...that kid was playing with his arm in a cast, he had broken his wrist a couple of weeks before.

Sadly, he broke his leg in 2 places and had to have surgery. He wasn't released from the hospital in Abilene until yesterday! RM who was it i must have missed it

Ranger Mom
09-06-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Ranger05
RM who was it i must have missed it

Michael Smith (Coach Smith's son)

Ranger Mom 70
09-06-2005, 10:57 PM
The games between Greenwood and Sweetwater in the last several years have been played with a lot of heart -- several times they have even met twice in the year!! I think you can expect the unexpected anytime these two teams play !! That is why we play the game !!! I still believe in my Rangers --- no matter what the "odds" are !! Look for the Rangers to surprise the Mustangs !!

Ranger Mom
09-06-2005, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom 70
The games between Greenwood and Sweetwater in the last several years have been played with a lot of heart -- several times they have even met twice in the year!! I think you can expect the unexpected anytime these two teams play !! That is why we play the game !!! I still believe in my Rangers --- no matter what the "odds" are !! Look for the Rangers to surprise the Mustangs !!

Amen Sister!!

MARLINDOGS
09-06-2005, 11:44 PM
Amen Sister!! No one knows untill the game is over.

pero chato
09-07-2005, 08:54 AM
If Greenwood plays like they did in the second half of the Wylie game, it could be close. But I think in the end, Sweetwater is on a roll and simply has too much offensive speed. Apparently their defense is clicking, too. Sweetwater by 17.