PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes People Scare Me (please read)

District303aPastPlayer
09-06-2005, 10:03 AM
So at HEB, we have a joint account set up with the American Red Cross to help donate money to the displaces families of the Hurricane. So yesterday, i ask my customers, like we have been instructed to do so. We ask for 1,3, or 5 dollars. So i ask a gentleman if he would like to donate just a dollar. his response:

"I dont see why we gotta help all THOSE types of people. Our church brought in 60 or so people, and i didn't see a single one who didn't look like a welfare bum. I figure why do i have to take my hard earned money and give it to them so they can go get doped up and drunk again. I dont see why we gotta take them in, let em stay there. If they wouldn't have been buyin drugs and beer all their life, they could have owned a car and driven out of there"

so i tell the guy "you do realize that even if they did have a car, they probably couldnt have driven out for one reason or another. and add to that the fact that everyone here lost everything they own, so naturally they arent going to look their best."

i said more, but ya know...

MAN PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO HEART OR COMPASSION PISS ME OFF!:mad: :mad: :mad:

vet93
09-06-2005, 10:07 AM
Some people look for excuses to help people....sadly other people look for excuses NOT to help people. Jesus told us to store up our treasures in heaven.....seems like an obvious answer to me.

Old Green
09-06-2005, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
So at HEB, we have a joint account set up with the American Red Cross to help donate money to the displaces families of the Hurricane. So yesterday, i ask my customers, like we have been instructed to do so. We ask for 1,3, or 5 dollars. So i ask a gentleman if he would like to donate just a dollar. his response:

"I dont see why we gotta help all THOSE types of people. Our church brought in 60 or so people, and i didn't see a single one who didn't look like a welfare bum. I figure why do i have to take my hard earned money and give it to them so they can go get doped up and drunk again. I dont see why we gotta take them in, let em stay there. If they wouldn't have been buyin drugs and beer all their life, they could have owned a car and driven out of there"

so i tell the guy "you do realize that even if they did have a car, they probably couldnt have driven out for one reason or another. and add to that the fact that everyone here lost everything they own, so naturally they arent going to look their best."

i said more, but ya know...

MAN PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO HEART OR COMPASSION PISS ME OFF!:mad: :mad: :mad: You have people like that everywhere Aaron. They could have looked like bums because they had been wearin the same clothes all week and hadn't had a decent meal. That dude is a jerk.

pirate44
09-06-2005, 10:15 AM
i hope you bagged the canned goods on top of his eggs :evillaugh

piratebg
09-06-2005, 10:20 AM
And kindly dononated your middle finger to his cause.

CHS_CG
09-06-2005, 10:22 AM
A just think of it like this, when something like that happens to him, his will come back around! i can not stand people that say they cant spare a dollar to help out somebody who have lost everything!

Jody
09-06-2005, 10:23 AM
One day he will be without someone to help him. Maybe someone will have more compasion than he did.

lepfan
09-06-2005, 10:30 AM
So I am not good at memory verses...but isn't there a verse about turning what looks like a 'bum' away and it could actually be Christ.....someone help me out here...brain fog deluxe.

This guy mentions "his" church....more Christians turn people away from God by this type of behavior...

ok i am off my soap box now.. :)

pirate4state
09-06-2005, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
So i ask a gentleman if he would like to donate just a dollar. his response:

"I dont see why we gotta help all THOSE types of people. Our church brought in 60 or so people, and i didn't see a single one who didn't look like a welfare bum. I figure why do i have to take my hard earned money and give it to them so they can go get doped up and drunk again. I dont see why we gotta take them in, let em stay there. If they wouldn't have been buyin drugs and beer all their life, they could have owned a car and driven out of there" :foul: Of all the :foul: *bleep* *bleep* :flamingma

People need to get over themselves!!! Sunday my mom & I dropped off quite a bit of clothing and shoes for the evacuees (am I the only one who cringes b/c they are being referred to as refugees?) here in Corpus. There were so many people doing the same!! I saw on the news last night that Goodwill was asking people to STOP bringing clothes b/c they just couldn't handle the volume anymore. Instead they were asking for volunteers. :clap: These volunteers are some of the real heros!! Giving up not only some of their possessions, but most importantly their time!!

So, for every a$$h*** there are a hundred good people!! :)

spiveyrat
09-06-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by pirate44

AND his bread! :evilgrin:

Stretch04
09-06-2005, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by pirate44

They do that even if your not a jerk.

Hope that guys car breaks down in the rain. Some people are trully A$$ %^&#$

District303aPastPlayer
09-06-2005, 10:48 AM
for everyone who lives in the area: i believe that HEB has baskets set up for donations... i know here in Sinton we do... so if you would like to drop stuff of... even though Goodwill said not to, do so at our HEB

AP Panther Fan
09-06-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
So, for every a$$h*** there are a hundred good people!! :)

I truly believe this. Those hundred good people give of themselves everyday, not just in response to a crisis. IMHO ;)

UPanIN
09-06-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
So I am not good at memory verses...but isn't there a verse about turning what looks like a 'bum' away and it could actually be Christ.....someone help me out here...brain fog deluxe.
:)

Maybe this verse lepfan.

Matthew 25:40
And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Phil C
09-06-2005, 11:00 AM
The thing is some people forget things could be the other way. If it isn't hurricanes it could be other storm disasters. We should all be guilty of doing a little help by some donations because we believe in the golden rule or putting it another way "because they need our help."

Old Dog
09-06-2005, 11:19 AM
pastplayer, I'd like to see what chapter and verse that fellow at your store was reflecting with his attitude. The good book does not say to judge them, just help them.........just look at how bad he witnesses for the Lord versus those that freely give!