PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Abuse

VWG
09-05-2005, 02:45 PM
Is it just me or are there way too many stickies posted?

mustang04
09-05-2005, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Is it just me or are there way too many stickies posted?

honestly......i agree

piratebg
09-05-2005, 02:48 PM
I think it's just you.

marlin fan
09-05-2005, 02:49 PM
blah why the heck does that lil stuff like that bother yall????

Bullaholic
09-05-2005, 02:54 PM
VWG---I'll fess' up---I requested that several of the outstanding games each week be made "stickies" so folks did not have to chase all over to find them. Seems like we haven't had enough posters giving their opinions on very many games. I was hoping it would make it more fun for everybody---hope you find it so.

Old Tiger
09-05-2005, 02:56 PM
I usually don't get involved w/ these kind of post but I have to agree, there are like an infinity of stickies.

marlin fan
09-05-2005, 02:58 PM
it seems to me that there are few people on here that just love to pick at lil stuff to cry about!!! geez lol just dont think of em as stickys just popular threads that wont go away!!

Bullaholic
09-05-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I usually don't get involved w/ these kind of post but I have to agree, there are like an infinity of stickies.

Tiger WR. I gonna get some of those good ol' Cameron boys to come over and give you an attitude adjustment by dunking you in the Gabriel, or the Yagua, or Brushy Creek. :D

Old Tiger
09-05-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
it seems to me that there are few people on here that just love to pick at lil stuff to cry about!!! geez lol just dont think of em as stickys just popular threads that wont go away!! Like the word association thread? That one had to be shut down because it wouldn't go away :D

VWG
09-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
VWG---I'll fess' up---I requested that several of the outstanding games each week be made "stickies" so folks did not have to chase all over to find them. Seems like we haven't had enough posters giving their opinions on very many games. I was hoping it would make it more fun for everybody---hope you find it so.

But what about the College top 25 and Big 12 sticky??
Last time I checked this was a HIGH SCHOOL sports board about 3A schools.

Bullaholic
09-05-2005, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by VWG

I will let the board management answer that qustion, VWG---but I do know that KTJ put a lot time and effort in on his college poll and requested that it be made a sticky, and the mods complied. Personally, I am happy with anything put up as a "sticky" because they have always seemed to be aimed at the largest numbers of posters possible, are informative, or make an appeal concerning problem areas on the board. I have never seen a "sticky" put up which I considered frivalous or in poor taste. Their intent is aways "positive".

LH Panther Mom
09-05-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by VWG

You can blame me for that and the games that are stickied.

see toward bottom of page 2 (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=33517&perpage=15&pagenumber=2)

Bullaholic
09-05-2005, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
You can blame me for that and the games that are stickied.

see toward bottom of page 2 (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=33517&perpage=15&pagenumber=2)

Nope, LHPMom, all you did was grant my request---I asked you to make several of the week's outstanding games "stickies" and you did---thanks for your consideration.

HighSchool Fan
09-05-2005, 04:01 PM
if people are gonna whine about the sticky's, them they need to whine when someone does the "TTT" post

LH Panther Mom
09-05-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Nope, LHPMom, all you did was grant my request---I asked you to make several of the week's outstanding games "stickies" and you did---thanks for your consideration.

Well, trust me, I had seriously thought about it before. It's very difficult to chose just "one" game when there are tons of great games going on every week. :)