PDA

View Full Version : Monahans Vs Andrews

WTF-82
09-05-2005, 10:44 AM
ANY PREDICTIONS ON THIS GAME.

LAST YEAR IT WAS A CLOSE ONE
MONAHANS LED AT HALFTIME THROUGH THE 4TH QUARTER WITH THE BALL ON MIDFIELD AND ANDREWS STOPPED THEM ON 4TH DOWN MONAHANS RAN QB KEEPER ON 3RD AND 4RTH DOWN AND
GOT STOPPED. ANDREWS WENT ON TO SCORE LATE TO WIN THE GAME AND I BELIVE SCORED ONE MORE TIME AFTER THAT.

SnyTigBaseB07
09-05-2005, 01:10 PM
Im gonna say Andrews but but 3....it'll be 21-24, with a FG with less than 2 mins to go in the 4th!!!!!! kinda specific huh!

Pmoney
09-05-2005, 01:43 PM
Monahans will win this one it will be close but Monahans will pull it off

Black_Magic
09-05-2005, 02:11 PM
Andrews by 10

panther power
09-05-2005, 04:31 PM
I say Andrews by 6. Monahans will have to show a passing game because Andrews will stop the run and be fired up after losing to OHS last week for the first loss on their new home turf.

donjuan
09-05-2005, 06:39 PM
not the old Andrews. not the size and athletes they are used to. Monahans is much better than a year ago. #1 defense in the Permian Basin. Ball control offense with a huge line and good backs. Monahans by 13.

ML05
09-05-2005, 09:42 PM
I'm still kinda iffy on this one. It really could go either way, but I'm picking Monahans to score late in the game and win by a small margin.

panther power
09-05-2005, 10:57 PM
#1 defense in the basin? After 1 game against Merkel. I am not saying they do not have a defense, let's just see how they rank after 4 or 5 games before we talk like that.

vet93
09-06-2005, 09:13 AM
Monahans by 10. Coach Owens will have the running game rolling!

Black & Gold
09-06-2005, 09:17 AM
Andrews takes this one.

Black_Magic
09-06-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by donjuan
not the old Andrews. not the size and athletes they are used to. Monahans is much better than a year ago. #1 defense in the Permian Basin. Monahans by 13.
I believe Snyder may have the #1 D in the west in 3a right now. 2 games. Held Leveland to 142 total yards and held Estacado to 44 total yards. average is 93 yards per game the tigers are giving up. No TD given up by the D as of now. Andrews will be good. too much for monahans.

lobo12
09-06-2005, 04:48 PM
i think monahans will win, andrews is not near as good as they have been in the past

ML05
09-06-2005, 07:44 PM
I'm not too sure about Monahans having the #1 defense in the Basin, either, but the defense is looking pretty darn good this year. If Monahans plays like they did last week, and like they did in the scrimmages, I think we can take Andrews. It'll be a tough game, though. I'll be crossing my fingers! :)

Johnny Utah
09-06-2005, 07:52 PM
Andrews, 4a over a 3a!!!

donjuan
09-06-2005, 09:56 PM
this is one of those games in West Texas like Permian/Odessa High. it has been a great rivalry for many, many years. emotions run high in this game. comes down to who has the better athletes at the skill positions and who plays better defense.

WTF-82
09-07-2005, 08:13 AM
In the early 90's this game came would always come down to the kicking game extra points and field goals Andrews 20 Monahans 19 in 1993 game. It will be a close one.
But Owens will have something special for lobo fans.

justlikesports
09-07-2005, 12:44 PM
Gonna be tough playing in Andrews, but I gotta go with my team the Loboes. Good Luck Boys! GO GREEN!

lobo12
09-07-2005, 03:04 PM
monahans will win in my opinion, i still believe andrews does not have a good team this year, i dont think monahans's defense should be a top defense, they shut out merkel but i heard that merkel was not at all impressive, however its early in the year...........monahans has an awesome rushing attack, but it will be interesting to see the passing game when their running game is stopped......if andrews can do that...we may be in for a heck of a game

panther power
09-07-2005, 03:58 PM
Like I said, i believe it will be andrews. Monahans has a awesome 1-2 punch at running back but I think they will need more then a running game to win and the wing-T really does not call for to many throwing passes, it's an offense designed for smaller teams depending on angle blocking schemes. It will be good but andrews is no Merkel. Monahans has the #1 d in the permian basin but schools such as Snyder and Sweetwater are not included as far as stats go. Put Monahans or any other permian basin team in the big country stats and I think my point would be made, they have a good d but there stats are not included with some other area studs.

WTF-82
09-07-2005, 04:16 PM
You are wrong about the wing- t you can throw all day with it. You can spread it around with if you know how to run it. ANd Merkel was not impressive offensively ya right it was just great defense I did not think Merkel was impressive last year

WTF-82
09-07-2005, 04:20 PM
You need to go watch Owens run the wing-t not Hanna Owens major diffrence buddy. I can guranteed you there is a major diffrence.

panther power
09-07-2005, 04:45 PM
well thats not saying much, hanna did not run it well at all. Let's see what happens on friday night, that's why games are played on the field not on forums......good luck to both....

lobo12
09-07-2005, 04:45 PM
merkel was not impressive last year, do you think this defense compares to the ones in 02 and 03??? and isnt there only 3 new players on the defense from last year when they gave up 50 points a game???? just asking i am anxious to see the game against midland christian next week, cant wait, always love to see a monahans football game and always will.......go get em green.......hopefully it will be another good game like monahans and andrews used to be

panther power
09-07-2005, 04:47 PM
anyone making the game?

ML05
09-07-2005, 05:13 PM
I'll be there.

WTF-82
09-08-2005, 09:24 AM
Lobo 12 very good. Talking to Owens he wants his best football
players on Defense play great Defense for 4 quarters and just
simply outscore opponents. Owens does a lot of different things offensively also to win games go out and watch the Loboes on
friday night and you will see even if Andrews had a better team
Owens Coached team will not dissapoint.

WTF-82
09-08-2005, 09:34 AM
No I dont think they compare yet to '02 Defense yet. Lets see how they do Against one of the 4-3a foes in round 1 the '02 Defense did great against and against the rest of there District.
And as far as only 3 defensive players returning that is why they
are better this year because the weak defense of last year got replaced I am sorry but last years Defense did not hit anyone specially in the secondary. Monahans would have there players on offense with the spread and still could not do anything on worthy opponents like Greenwood and Seminole that is what is
different Loboes are playing Defense now. Hanna's first year in the Spread they played better Defense simply because they had enough players both offensively and defensively. Not the case last year. But New year for the Loboes it is going to be fun to watch one of West Texas great Football program back to work.

donjuan
09-08-2005, 10:05 PM
Being a parent and former player, they don't run a reading defense like last year. They run an aggressive defense out of a different look. They have two former head coaches and two former defensive cordinators on their defensive staff. Their offseason program was a big success. They are much stronger and faster on defense and on offense. Good luck Loboes!