PDA

View Full Version : Gainesville vs. Decatur

KTJ
09-05-2005, 10:29 AM
This game will be played at historic Leeper Stadium in Gainesville, but how do you see it playing out?
Is Decatur even the same team they were last year? Can Gainesville make it back to the State Title game? Tune in Friday at 7:30 to see...or better yet, just go to Gainesville, shop at the Outlet Malls or downtown, eat at Chili's or Applebee's, and watch a great football game.

espn1
09-05-2005, 10:34 AM
I'll go with Gainseville this year.

HighSchool Fan
09-05-2005, 10:36 AM
if Peanut is back from his bruised knee they will roll over decatur. without him, gainesville will still win, but only by about 12.

Gobbla2001
09-05-2005, 10:37 AM
Went with Gainesville by 7...

Sounds like a real good game... ya know Gainesville will be out there doing their thing, but it'll be good to guage Decatur etc...

Suprised this wasn't the game of the week...

NateDawg39
09-05-2005, 10:59 AM
I think it will be closer than yall think,Decatur has a good chance to win this one.Just watch and youll see. the D will stuff the run game.if thats what they bring to the table this year anyways.

MARLINDOGS
09-05-2005, 11:30 AM
Gainesville by 17.:D

Bullaholic
09-05-2005, 11:33 AM
If HSF has to miss this game, it will be like Wyatt Earp missing the "Gunfight at the OK Corral". However, I do understand, I have a daughter and went through many homecomings---you're a good dad, HSF. BTW, I think the Leps will win this one---but not by much---Decatur is such a "darkhorse" this year, they have a lot of talent and I don't know how it will come to bear and how early in the season.

HighSchool Fan
09-05-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
If HSF has to miss this game, it will be like Wyatt Earp missing the "Gunfight at the OK Corral". However, I do understand, I have a daughter and went through many homecomings---you're a good dad, HSF. BTW, I think the Leps will win this one---but not by much---Decatur is such a "darkhorse" this year, they have a lot of talent and I don't know how it will come to bear and how early in the season.

thanks for the kind words bullaholic. hopefully i'll be able to get a signal at the field in collinsville.

Keith7
09-05-2005, 11:52 AM
This game will be on the web this Friday starting at 7:00 at http://www.kgaf1580.com if anyone wants to listen to it..

Leopards,class of 75
09-05-2005, 12:55 PM
Homefield for Gainesville will help just like it did for Decatur last year. Leopards by 14 in this one.

LH Panther Mom
09-05-2005, 01:01 PM
I've been told by a certain someone for months not to overlook Gainesville.....so they've got my vote.

ProducerBilly
09-05-2005, 01:12 PM
After seeing Gainesville in 2 scrimmages and then opening night vs Scotts Valley, then doing some research on Decatur ... Gainesville will win by at least 10. Decatur is still a dangerous team but not as dangerous as last year. Gainesville will not be looking past this game, they are focused and ready. It wouldn't surprise me if Gainesville got a shut out though based on what i've seen their Defense do. The only reason I'm missing this game is to go see Abilene Wylie, a team that Gainesville could wind up facing in the playoffs. I want to see how they might match up in my mind. Go Leopards! I'm going to wear my Leopards shirt to the Aledo/AWylie game or maybe one of my Gainesville jerseys :D

HighSchool Fan
09-05-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by ProducerBilly
maybe one of my Gainesville jerseys :D

i think they sold out of them already. they were going fast opening night.

ProducerBilly
09-05-2005, 03:27 PM
probably so but i got a home and away jersey before they were gone.

NateDawg39
09-05-2005, 03:35 PM
This is what i like to hear.my team getting picked to lose by this or that...well i expect it to be like that all year. They will just go out and prove yall wrong again. i do agree that we arent as dangerous as last year with the pass but the run is very good this year. 3 or 4 guys rotate to make the load spread out. I also think the defense is going to show there true game this week so be ready.Gainseville is gonna get shocked. Decatur by atleast 6 to 14.

gobbler grad
09-05-2005, 05:01 PM
guess I will go with GAINSVILLE...:thinking:

HighSchool Fan
09-05-2005, 07:42 PM
ttt

KTJ
09-05-2005, 07:52 PM
Gainesville jersey?????

HSF, fill me in. I need to get the t-shirt I was going to make up and running so fans can buy them and wear the you-know-what out of them to the games.

:D

ro_tex_solja
09-05-2005, 09:19 PM
im gonna go with gainsville 35 decatur 10

Ranger05
09-05-2005, 09:40 PM
gainesville by 3 td's

DrinkDuff
09-05-2005, 09:44 PM
I think this is going to be like Wylie-Decatur last yr with Decatur on the other side. Gainesville wins in regular season and Decatur "upsets" them in the playoffs. However I dont think G-ville will win by more than 10 this week.

HighSchool Fan
09-06-2005, 06:40 AM
ttt

09-06-2005, 09:08 AM
Yall talk yall's stuff. It may look to yall like the Leps are gonna win on paper, but it's the grass that counts. If it ends up being a dogfight to the last second of the 4th Q then you can count on the "Rebuilt" O and the show stoppin' Defense of The Eagles to come out on top.

Prediction: Decatur 42 - Gainesville 38

Underwater Basketweaver
09-06-2005, 11:03 AM
I would like to request that all of you Decatur fans hold your tongues. I think the Coaches would rather be underdogs or darkhorses all year. It makes for good motivational speeches during the week of practice and during pregame. Just let people talk about rolling over us, and how many people we lost, and how we had to rebuild the "O". You G-ville fans are all right. We suck this year. Ya'll just send the JV in and please don't run up the score on us Friday.

LeonJr
09-06-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Underwater Basketweaver
I would like to request that all of you Decatur fans hold your tongues. I think the Coaches would rather be underdogs or darkhorses all year. It makes for good motivational speeches during the week of practice and during pregame. Just let people talk about rolling over us, and how many people we lost, and how we had to rebuild the "O". You G-ville fans are all right. We suck this year. Ya'll just send the JV in and please don't run up the score on us Friday.

?:confused:

LeonJr
09-06-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by 2813308004
Yall talk yall's stuff. It may look to yall like the Leps are gonna win on paper, but it's the grass that counts. If it ends up being a dogfight to the last second of the 4th Q then you can count on the "Rebuilt" O and the show stoppin' Defense of The Eagles to come out on top.

Prediction: Decatur 42 - Gainesville 38

Your not Mike Jones...pick another phone # BRO!:doh: "
Back then they didn't want you, now you suck and they still don't want you!"

NateDawg39
09-06-2005, 12:04 PM
A little odd statement but understandable. But ya know that its a forum website. What would it be if nobody talked down on other teams and said how high and mighty there own team was? It would be a stat and highlight reel.

Underwater Basketweaver
09-06-2005, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by LeonJr
?:confused:

What's not to understand? I just want everyone to keep underrating Decatur and we'll just lay low and hopefully keep winning ball games.

Bullaholic
09-06-2005, 01:18 PM
This is a "trite" statement---but I can think of no better game which will separate the "men" from the "boys" any earlier than this game. I think everybody thinks Gainesville has the horses to take it all the way to the title and Decatur is a big "darkhorse" right now. This one will tell us a lot about both. This rivalry grows each year, and never disappoints from a spectator perspective. Two great programs on the road to 4A.

Underwater Basketweaver
09-06-2005, 01:27 PM
This is a "trite" statement---but I can think of no better game which will separate the "men" from the "boys" any earlier than this game. I think everybody thinks Gainesville has the horses to take it all the way to the title and Decatur is a big "darkhorse" right now. This one will tell us a lot about both. This rivalry grows each year, and never disappoints from a spectator perspective. Two great programs on the road to 4A.

Slow down bullaholic, but we aren't quite ready for that 4A thing yet. I know the Bulls may be tired of us in District 7, but I recently heard our enrollment is currently under the previous 4A mark.

GreenGobbla
09-06-2005, 01:27 PM
i am going to take gainesville in this game....um....28-14

Bullaholic
09-06-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Underwater Basketweaver
Slow down bullaholic, but we aren't quite ready for that 4A thing yet. I know the Bulls may be tired of us in District 7, but I recently heard our enrollment is currently under the previous 4A mark.

UBW---Decatur just got a Chili's and a Lowe's. Believe me, Decatur will be 4A possibly next year, or for sure the next. We don't want to "lose" you guys to 4A, but really there will be no diff with Decatur in D1 and Bridgeport in D2 every year. Besides---the Bulls are gonna bring it to you guys---even if you're 5A. :D

injuredinmelee
09-06-2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
This game will be played at historic Leeper Stadium in Gainesville, but how do you see it playing out?
Is Decatur even the same team they were last year? Can Gainesville make it back to the State Title game? Tune in Friday at 7:30 to see...or better yet, just go to Gainesville, shop at the Outlet Malls or downtown, eat at Chili's or Applebee's, and watch a great football game.

Just curious but what is historic about Leeper stadium. Not trying to be a smart aleck just wondering.

HighSchool Fan
09-06-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Just curious but what is historic about Leeper stadium. Not trying to be a smart aleck just wondering.

ancient chinese secret

Leopards,class of 75
09-06-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Just curious but what is historic about Leeper stadium. Not trying to be a smart aleck just wondering. That is because it is so old and they need a new stadium.

NateDawg39
09-06-2005, 04:56 PM
First of all, I really dont think the UIL (in all its high and mighty power) looks at Decatur and says "Lookie there, they have a Chili's and Lowes! Now theres a 4A town!" They look at the numbers of enrollment. I hope this doesn't sound rude in anyway. It is much harder for people to here my sarcastic voice over a forum!;)

Bullaholic
09-06-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
First of all, I really dont think the UIL (in all its high and mighty power) looks at Decatur and says "Lookie there, they have a Chili's and Lowes! Now theres a 4A town!" They look at the numbers of enrollment. I hope this doesn't sound rude in anyway. It is much harder for people to here my sarcastic voice over a forum!;)

I didn't ake it that way, Nate---I've just been involved with Economic Development for a few years, and franchises like Chili's and Lowe's are harbingers of fast population growth. They do not put these stores in places that do not meet the population and traffic "blueprint" for the future.

Bigbuck
09-06-2005, 05:01 PM
This will a tough game for the Eagle's, a true test for their defense. The Eagle's have a new look on offense, but they can still put up points. Will be a good ball game, can't wait.:)

NateDawg39
09-06-2005, 05:30 PM
Oh i agree with you 100% Bullaholic, i just meant that the UIL looks at the school growth and numbers rather than economic growth.I meant no disrespect what so ever if you thought i did. and thanks for clarifying on it aswell.

Bullaholic
09-06-2005, 05:38 PM
Oh i agree with you 100% Bullaholic, i just meant that the UIL looks at the school growth and numbers rather than economic growth.I meant no disrespect what so ever if you thought i did. and thanks for clarifying on it aswell.

No prob, Nate--I think we just got 2 different thoughts and got to the same place. There is only 1 certain thing here, Nate---Only time will tell on the enrollment. I am very happy for Decatur's growth---I just wish we could get a little more of it west of the Big Sandy.

VWG
09-06-2005, 09:29 PM
No prob, Nate--I think we just got 2 different thoughts and got to the same place. There is only 1 certain thing here, Nate---Only time will tell on the enrollment. I am very happy for Decatur's growth---I just wish we could get a little more of it west of the Big Sandy.

What about all the new construction (mainly housing) around Runaway Bay and that Harbor Oaks project. Isn't Bridgeport feeling some growth too?

HighSchool Fan
09-07-2005, 05:42 AM
ttt

Underwater Basketweaver
09-07-2005, 06:10 AM

Growth or no growth, chili's or no chili's, lowe's or no lowe's, the current enrollment at Decatur High School is too low to qualify for 4A under the current numbers. Now those numbers could change. They rarely go down, so I expect that they will stay the same as the last realignment or go up some. Under that assumption, Decatur will still be 3A for the next 2 years after this one (being as they only evaluate alignment every 2 years), and we will still be eating chicken crispers and improving home improvement.

Keith7
09-07-2005, 12:28 PM
ttt

Keith7
09-07-2005, 12:29 PM
listen to the game at www.kgaf1580.com

HighSchool Fan
09-08-2005, 06:47 AM
ttt

blaster
09-08-2005, 07:58 AM
Gainesviile by 3. I think the Eagles step it up this week and could possibly pull an upset. There is a HUGE amount of talent building in that program. The only week this Bull fan does not cheer for the Eagles is The Battle of Big Sandy!

NateDawg39
09-08-2005, 09:44 AM
Coach Story will have the boys ready for Friday night. I dont blame people for thinking that the Eagles are not as good as they have been in the past BUT! Everyone said we would lose to 3 teams last year and...well we beat them. There is a lot of talent in the Decatur football program and the coaches will bring it out of them, trust me.Oh im not saying that Gainesville has no chance, they have a great chance to win. Its just that the Gainesville squad has only played one game and people think there gonna play for state... Maybe im not seeing something here. So dont get upset with what ive said.

huarache18
09-08-2005, 09:45 AM
Hey Leon calm down G-Unit might sign, Hate it or love the underdogs on top..If u didn't get what i was inferring i meant the Eagles Leon Junia!

LeonJr
09-08-2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by huarache18
Hey Leon calm down G-Unit might sign, Hate it or love the underdogs on top..If u didn't get what i was inferring i meant the Eagles Leon Junia!

Leon is lost...Does anybody no what this person is trying to say.:doh:

jrh
09-08-2005, 11:25 AM
I haven't heared anyone mention the two all-state line backers on the Leopard team. They are big and fast. I don't think many will run against them. Leopards by 3 touchdowns.

NateDawg39
09-09-2005, 04:23 PM
Is Franklin playing tonight or is he gonna rest up for next week. If i were him id set out:D

Keith7
09-09-2005, 04:29 PM
Is Franklin playing tonight or is he gonna rest up for next week. If i were him id set out:D

He is playing.. he is actually starting running back

NateDawg39
09-09-2005, 04:37 PM
Yeah i just read that he was...should be interesting to see. A good rotation will be wise.

Keith7
09-09-2005, 04:39 PM
Yeah i just read that he was...should be interesting to see. A good rotation will be wise.

yea coach cordell is still trying to find that 1 go to guy since he lost Terrius Purvey, and Jerome Hewitt, but it would be nice to have a rotation w/ 3 or 4 good running backs..

are you going to the game??

NateDawg39
09-09-2005, 04:49 PM
Thats what Decatur does. We have about 5 guys who run the ball. Jacob Maxon is the main runner, he can run very fast and power into people. I think the next guy is Joseph Sanchez, i believe he is a sophmore. Last week he looked like a Purvey, with all those stiff arms he gave out.

HighSchool Fan
09-09-2005, 04:55 PM
franklin will run over you and calhoun will just run right by ya.

NateDawg39
09-09-2005, 06:32 PM
yeah thats what people told us last year about Purvey...Did not happen

HighSchool Fan
09-09-2005, 10:08 PM
looks like your awesome defense didn't stop to much tonight.

slpybear the bullfan
09-09-2005, 11:15 PM
What was the final... Did Gainesville put 40+ on Decaturs D? I couldn't here the scores too well tonight...

DHS_EagleFan
09-10-2005, 12:54 AM
Decatur Defense played hard all night - they have no reason to hang thier heads. I am very proud of all our Eagles!!

NateDawg39
09-10-2005, 01:48 AM
There is no reason to make fun of our D. They gave it there all and thats what matters this early in the season. They are young, but tough. They had heart all night. G-ville is a great ball club and i hope they keep on winning. Decatur will bounce back and take on Graham next week. Like i said, this game will mean nothing if and when we face yall in the playoffs. Its a whole new game in the playoffs and you know that. So keep it shut about our D. Cause they might run you down next time.

NateDawg39
09-10-2005, 01:50 AM
oh by the way the post above is to a few people who trashed talked after the game. Show some respect people. These kids played hard.

HighSchool Fan
09-10-2005, 08:41 AM
oh by the way the post above is to a few people who trashed talked after the game. Show some respect people. These kids played hard.

you was talking about decatur winning, they lost, so you get to eat crow, don't whine about it, everyone eats crow at sometime or another

NateDawg39
09-10-2005, 11:40 AM
Oh im not scared to say that i thought Decatur would win. I just dont like it when people trash talk the players and coaches. No i've been wrong before and not afraid to say i am, but i just think its pretty low to make fun of the players after the game. Thats cheap if you ask me.

HighSchool Fan
09-10-2005, 11:51 AM
Oh im not scared to say that i thought Decatur would win. I just dont like it when people trash talk the players and coaches. No i've been wrong before and not afraid to say i am, but i just think its pretty low to make fun of the players after the game. Thats cheap if you ask me.

you was there and saw someone making fun of the players??

Leopards,class of 75
09-10-2005, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by jrh
I haven't heared anyone mention the two all-state line backers on the Leopard team. They are big and fast. I don't think many will run against them. Leopards by 3 touchdowns. Dad, you hit your prediction almost perfect! The linebackers really are good and so is the rest of the defense. On the negative side of the game, the Leopards use the Q.B. way too much for thier rushing yards. I would like to see more of a mix on plays and use the short passing game like they did against Scotts Valley, Ca. I also think that Decatur will get better each week.

HighSchool Fan
09-10-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Leopards,class of 75
On the negative side of the game, the Leopards use the Q.B. way too much for thier rushing yards.

they did the same thing a couple of years ago against texarkana libery eylau. once they realized they were gonna win, they just ran bascially the same play. don't wanna give to much out since they will meet in the playoffs.

Bullaholic
09-10-2005, 01:12 PM
Congrats to the Leopards on a big win. I know it meant a lot to Gainesville after the loss to the Eagles last year. The Leopards have the "look" of a legitimate D1 title contender at this point.

HighSchool Fan
09-10-2005, 01:13 PM
Congrats to the Leopards on a big win. I know it meant a lot to Gainesville after the loss to the Eagles last year. The Leopards have the "look" of a legitimate D1 title contender at this point.

thanks bull, i hope you guys get things turned around in a hurry

Keith7
09-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Jacob West is already an established runner after coming from Mineral wells who runs a Veer offense (if you dont know what that is, it is an option offense) so he is Gainesville's best runner right now, and I think it is good that the coaches are taking advantage of it while they try to find a consistant running back

gobblerfan02
09-10-2005, 01:15 PM
final score anyone?

Keith7
09-10-2005, 01:17 PM
Gainesville 43 Decatur 21