PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Madison

West22
09-04-2005, 10:56 PM
I keep telling everyone that Dallas Madison may be the best team in 3a but they are getting no respect .Just because most of the people posting are from the gulf coast area you had better take notice of this team.

sundevil
09-04-2005, 11:08 PM
Dallas Madison has a lot of talent but does their team resemble the same team as last year. If so let me say that I believe they will win their district (WH.. being no more) and first playoff game against a local playoff opponent. Their second round game will be against a team from the Mt Vernon region and so far this year those teams have not been performing well, so you may slip by them. If Dallas Madison makes it to the 3rd round I believe they will stop there because they will face Gilmer, Tatum, or Daingerfield (possible other teams..) which are all well disiplined and have as much or more athleticism.
The discipline issue showed up last year when Gilmer got ahead and Madison begin to crumble and you could see the break down.
I think Madison is good but not good enough to represent Region 2.

West22
09-04-2005, 11:15 PM
SUNDEVIL YOU CAME BACK WITH A GOOD POST ,HOWEVER I THINK THE MATURITY LEVEL WILL BE MUCH BETTER THIS YEAR AS WELL AS THE EXPERIENCE PAYING OFF .

sundevil
09-04-2005, 11:20 PM
I would agree....If their Maturity level and Discipline improve they are a very good team. They will not be an easy game for anyone.

yes....I have been gone for a while but Jdawg usually keeps us up to date on what is going on over here for the most part.

JR2004
09-05-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by West22
I keep telling everyone that Dallas Madison may be the best team in 3a but they are getting no respect .Just because most of the people posting are from the gulf coast area you had better take notice of this team.

Well I think a lack of people from the Dallas area posting on this board probably has a good bit to do with why very few people say that much about them. It might also have to do with the fact that last year was their first trip to the playoffs since 1990. They have a better team this year than they did last season and the defense is better in my opinion than it was a year ago despite losing an all-state CB and another one who is at TCU now. There's no team in 3A with more athleticism as a team. They've got speed at every position on the field and pretty good size as well.

I think a win against Crandall and Lincoln the following week could do them some good and get them a bit more notice around the state.