PDA

View Full Version : CAN ANYONE MATCH BURNET?

bulldawg89
09-02-2002, 04:51 PM
Burnet beat #4 4A Austin Reagan........MAN OH MAN!People are getting quit controversal about them dawgs......But i think it is safe to say the B-Town boys are gonna their opponents a run for their game! Gatesville is their next victom!! With one of the best QB's in the state, as well as mega RB, Patrick Miller, and state known WR, Jordan Shipley, they are on a road that they paved for themselves, and i promise you, there are no pot holes in it!

eye of the tiger
09-02-2002, 05:26 PM
You guys are definately off to a good start. Lots of folks are real high on Burnet this year. Just dont get over confident. Gatesville played well last week also. Good luck and much success this year.

Pudlugger
09-02-2002, 05:38 PM
Well I don't know. Burnet impressed against Reagan. I guess we have 10 WEEKS TO FIND OUT! LOL

ladydawg03
09-02-2002, 07:56 PM
I just want to add a few comments.. I know that shipley, miller and mcgee are key players in Burnet. I think you are forgeting something though. There are no I's in TEAM. The WHOLE Burnet team proved theirselves last week. You're so right about not getting big heads cause that can break a team. If it weren't for the line McGee wouldn't have his chances. If it weren't for the defense the score difference wouldn't have been so big. I just don't like how people make it sound like they do it all for us. Thats not right!

hornet03
09-03-2002, 02:24 PM
im not real sure that we are getiing our respect if you ask me. We crushed a good 4a team also and our defense played absolutely horrible. Anyone can beat a team who has 7 turnovers, the question is do yall have what it takes to beat a team that doesnt give you points?

SintonFan
09-03-2002, 02:44 PM
I think Burnet is a great team but man is IT early. I think in the next few weeks your team will get a chance to prove all the preseason hoopla. One win doesn't do that. I wish yall great success. Maybe some of the spotlight will come off Sinton now. That would be a good thing.

sinton66
09-03-2002, 02:57 PM
I've been wondering when we would hear from some of the Gatesville people. Obviously you guys seem to be ready to play also. Ought to be a good matchup with Burnet.

ladydawg03
09-03-2002, 04:44 PM
There are many 4a teams we can beat but i think the reason this win was such a big deal was because almost every poll had us losing atleast by 20 points some with 40 point difference. It was a win to show that we are ready for what is ahead of us.

------------------

hornet03
09-03-2002, 07:11 PM
I think that after you guys beat reagan everybody realized they werent what they were supposed to be. It is great that yall won after being underdogs by such a big deficit but do you mean to tell me that reagan was as good as they were supposed to be?

ladydawg03
09-03-2002, 07:50 PM
They had some great players but i can tell you one thing, once one of them messed up they all got mad. It was like their team fell apart. Once we started scoring the more nad more they played worse. They have some fast players but that evidently didn't stop us.

Mr Lucci
09-03-2002, 08:18 PM
Austin Reagan is way overrated, We'll see if Burnet keeps wining. Good win, nothing has been proved to me yet tho.

c-town_balla
09-03-2002, 09:02 PM
Ok not to talk down on y'all but thats one win....

SintonFan_inAustin
09-03-2002, 09:09 PM
i dont know if reagan was overrated but they did have a real good scrimmage win before the burnet game against a SA team i think it was like 5 tds to 0. well have to wait and see how reagan does the rest of the way and burnet to see how impressive the win was. But Burnet showed it could stand up to a team that look good on paper.

ladydawg03
09-03-2002, 09:19 PM
Those you that say you weren't impressed, were you at the game?? if not, then evidently you didn't see both teams go at each other.

Mr Lucci
09-03-2002, 09:25 PM
No, but i didn't have to be at the game to know 1 win is 1 win. Burnet could have played wonderful but in the record books it's one win, and I think there are 10 games in a season not counting playoffs.

Swarm 51
09-04-2002, 01:23 AM
Hornet 03, you suggested that you didn't think the Gatesville Hornets were getting the respect they deserve. Like you, I am an avid Hornet fan, but to get respect you must first earn it. It is early in the season, we know the team has the potential to go far, but lets not push the issue of respect just yet. And to all of you Burnet fans, we are looking forward to a great game between to very good teams this Friday night. I know how proud all of you are with the win over a 4A team, just as the Hornets and their followers were with our win over 4A Alvarado. And, I must give that team loads of credit. They never lost their poise and played as a team even when they were down 41-13. When Alvarado scored against our second team with two minutes left on the clock it was as if they had won the game. The team had a lot of spirit and I wish them the best of luck this season.

sinfan75
09-04-2002, 04:28 AM
I said before the season started that Burnet was gonna be hard to beat.I still believe that they'll be very good and could go very far in the play-offs possibly even to the Finals.

dab
09-04-2002, 01:13 PM
I would have to agree with Swarm51. I am not ready to ask for respect for the Hornets just yet. I think this week is a big game for Gatesville and a win could raise some eyebrows around the state. Burnet proved that they are a tough team last week, but it has been said time and time again. It takes more than one win. Good luck to Gatesville and Burnet this week. I am sure it will be a good game.

beefy
09-04-2002, 02:49 PM
i'll give the hornets some love. i saw them scrimmage marlin and i was very impressed. i really like the two def. ends and the tailback. i think those three are the heart and soul of that group. the rest of the team is a solid group of tail bustin jacks. nothing special, just hardnosed players. you gotta respect that...