PDA

View Full Version : Been a great opening weekend for College football...

Gobbla2001
09-04-2005, 09:26 PM
Most of these games have been really good... we've had big upsets and just flat out great games... I really enjoyed #12 Louisville vs. Kentucky earlier, what a game...

Syracuse and West Virginia was a good one, and #8 Virginia Tech was up 20-13 (I believe) earlier against NC State with about 10 left in the 4th...

Can't wait for the Miami/Florida State SEMINOLES game tomorrow night... beats NFL's Monday Night Football, that's for sure...

Buckeye80
09-04-2005, 09:31 PM
Even though the Ags went down, I'm looking forward to a great season. This could be the first time in a while, and last time for a while that we get a national champion with a loss. Even counting USC, I can't pick a clear-cut national championship team at this point. Heck, I think the Aggies still have a shot! They lost the best game of the year to lose.

Gobbla2001
09-04-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
Even though the Ags went down, I'm looking forward to a great season. This could be the first time in a while, and last time for a while that we get a national champion with a loss. Even counting USC, I can't pick a clear-cut national championship team at this point. Heck, I think the Aggies still have a shot! They lost the best game of the year to lose.

Yah, USC showed a weakness on defense this week against Hawaii... their offense may have to win games if that trend continues...

I think A&M is still a heavy contender for the Big 12 South and the confrence Championship... But their 'lower' ranking going into the game against Clemson and adding in the loss will make it VERY hard for A&M to move far enough into the BCS for a title shot...

PhiI C
09-04-2005, 09:47 PM
Officials gave West Virginia a first down with a little over two minutes to play with a cheap penalty in my opinion. Others may disagree. It would have been a slim chance for North Carolina State but still they deserved a shot. Another set of college officials that need to hit the road.

Buckeye80
09-04-2005, 09:56 PM
Maybe a title shot is a bit too lofty of an expectation, but it is just the first week of the season.
Understand that I am an Aggie fan and a lifelong Chicago Cubs fan, so unbridled optimism is all I have to count on. I have seen the face of disappointment! He has one blue eye, one red eye, and maroon hair.

My one saving grace is the Buckeyes. And last year's success still hasn't sunk in.