PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside -vs- Orange Grove (Week 3)

IHStangFan
09-04-2005, 08:59 PM
This is going to be a dogfight. I would have picked Ingleside hands down before the loss of their QB, but now i'm not so sure. I'm not sure who's going to QB for them. Chrisman or Coffield, and if Coffield QBs, then who is going to fill the RB pos.?? I believe Chrisman is a freshman and Coffield is only a soph. Orange Grove has looked tough so far this season and put down a decent Aransas Pass team last week.

I'm partial, so i'm going to pick the Mustangs, but it'll be a tough win if they can pull it off against this charged up O.G. team.

Ingleside 35
Orange Grove 31

99IHSMustang
09-04-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
This is going to be a dogfight. I would have picked Ingleside hands down before the loss of their QB, but now i'm not so sure. I'm not sure who's going to QB for them. Chrisman or Coffield, and if Coffield QBs, then who is going to fill the RB pos.?? I believe Chrisman is a freshman and Coffield is only a soph. Orange Grove has looked tough so far this season and put down a decent Aransas Pass team last week.

I'm partial, so i'm going to pick the Mustangs, but it'll be a tough win if they can pull it off against this charged up O.G. team.

Ingleside 35
Orange Grove 31

I have to agree with you IHS... It is going to be a tough game and the Mustangs will have to step it up and not turn over the ball as much as they did against Zapata last week. If they can do that I think they will edge Orange Grove by 7.

IHStangFan
09-04-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
I have to agree with you IHS... It is going to be a tough game and the Mustangs will have to step it up and not turn over the ball as much as they did against Zapata last week. If they can do that I think they will edge Orange Grove by 7. yeah, the Mustangs are a young team, and will no doubt improve, but O.G. looks to be tough this year. You think theyre gonna stick w/ Chrisman at QB?? or do you think Coffield will get some snaps? i think given time to mature, Chrisman could be Ingleside's answer at QB. maybe not this year even, but i think hes got the makings of a great QB w/ some coaching and time to gain experience. I understand hes actually a pretty big kid w/ a good arm.

99IHSMustang
09-04-2005, 09:44 PM
yeah, the Mustangs are a young team, and will no doubt improve, but O.G. looks to be tough this year. You think theyre gonna stick w/ Chrisman at QB?? or do you think Coffield will get some snaps? i think given time to mature, Chrisman could be Ingleside's answer at QB. maybe not this year even, but i think hes got the makings of a great QB w/ some coaching and time to gain experience. I understand hes actually a pretty big kid w/ a good arm.

I am not sure... Fish's mom might have a better Idea. I think the problem they are having right now is holding on to the ball when it is snapped. They are young and have a lot of pressure on them right now to perform well. I think they should be ready before the games really count.

IHStangFan
09-04-2005, 09:46 PM
I am not sure... Fish's mom might have a better Idea. I think the problem they are having right now is holding on to the ball when it is snapped. They are young and have a lot of pressure on them right now to perform well. I think they should be ready before the games really count. so, if Coffield goes into the QB position, who will be the RB? Adams? i like Coffield at RB, hes a hard hittin little son of a gun! he was impressive last year at LB as a freshman. i guess hes somewhat fast too. gonna be hard to replace the speed Stacey brought to the spread, but we'll see i guess.

Gobbla2001
09-04-2005, 09:48 PM
As far as my top-ten is concerned, this is a very crucial game for both teams... I have Ingleside at number 10 in my poll right now... with an Orange Grove win I'd have to give them the nod...

Then again, West-Oso could upset Sinton (Which I doubt) and I'd have to give it to them...

good game

IHStangFan
09-04-2005, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
As far as my top-ten is concerned, this is a very crucial game for both teams... I have Ingleside at number 10 in my poll right now... with an Orange Grove win I'd have to give them the nod...

Then again, West-Oso could upset Sinton (Which I doubt) and I'd have to give it to them...

good game yup, this will be a pivital game for Ingleside, w/ Stacey out, now the question is...can he be replaced? he was a key to Ingleside's success in the spread. he was fast, and a hardnosed, shifty runner w/ lots of speed. O.G. is no pushover this year, and i think will give the young Ingleside team all they want.

99IHSMustang
09-04-2005, 09:51 PM
so, if Coffield goes into the QB position, who will be the RB? Adams? i like Coffield at RB, hes a hard hittin little son of a gun! he was impressive last year at LB as a freshman. i guess hes somewhat fast too. gonna be hard to replace the speed Stacey brought to the spread, but we'll see i guess.

I think Adams might be slated as RB as of now. Coffield and Chrisman are apparently both working the QB position. Like I said 2 Young QB's and you are bound to have some kinks that will need to be worked out. I think they will step it up. When I talked to Fish's mom, she said that they were killing themselves with turnovers. Another poster from Zapata also mentioned the same thing. Saying that they fumbled like 4 times in a row out of the shotgun spread formation. You can't do that when the going gets tough.

IHStangFan
09-04-2005, 09:54 PM
I think Adams might be slated as RB as of now. Coffield and Chrisman are apparently both working the QB position. Like I said 2 Young QB's and you are bound to have some kinks that will need to be worked out. I think they will step it up. When I talked to Fish's mom, she said that they were killing themselves with turnovers. Another poster from Zapata also mentioned the same thing. Saying that they fumbled like 4 times in a row out of the shotgun spread formation. You can't do that when the going gets tough. yup, especially against teams like Zapata, and it showed. i'd like to see Chrisman become the pocket passing style QB ive heard hes got the potential to be, and see Coffield stay at RB, i think he probably has an edge on Adams as far as running the ball goes, because of his hardnosed running style, its almost like he likes to run people over, not to mention Adams is best utilized at WR as hes got a sweet pair of hands.

99IHSMustang
09-04-2005, 09:56 PM
yup, especially against teams like Zapata, and it showed. i'd like to see Chrisman become the pocket passing style QB ive heard hes got the potential to be, and see Coffield stay at RB, i think he probably has an edge on Adams as far as running the ball goes, because of his hardnosed running style, its almost like he likes to run people over, not to mention Adams is best utilized at WR as hes got a sweet pair of hands.

I think the Coach is having to swap them around to find what is going to work for them. As you have mentioned before, to have your starting QB gone on a Wednesday and have a game on Friday does not give you that much time to prepare.. Hopefully they will be better prepared this Friday against Orange Grove.

IHStangFan
09-04-2005, 09:58 PM
I think the Coach is having to swap them around to find what is going to work for them. As you have mentioned before, to have your starting QB gone on a Wednesday and have a game on Friday does not give you that much time to prepare.. Hopefully they will be better prepared this Friday against Orange Grove. they better be or they might have TWO losses. I think they have a great foundation to build on, and lots of young talent on the field....key word being YOUNG. Hesseltine is a great coach though...i am fairly confident he'll have them ready.

Hawk Fan Izzy
09-05-2005, 12:34 AM
I'm giving IHS the nod by two td's

Orange Grove is much improved, but I don't think they can play against an Ingleside team that was given a wake-up call of sorts last week.

If Ingleside can keep the turnovers down, they'll win. OG isn't nearly as tough mentally as Zapata was, so Ingleside should be able to keep a lead.

The key remains, the turnovers.

IHStangFan
09-05-2005, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Hawk Fan Izzy
I'm giving IHS the nod by two td's

Orange Grove is much improved, but I don't think they can play against an Ingleside team that was given a wake-up call of sorts last week.

If Ingleside can keep the turnovers down, they'll win. OG isn't nearly as tough mentally as Zapata was, so Ingleside should be able to keep a lead.

The key remains, the turnovers. minus the turnovers, was the offense able to move the ball well w/ the young QB at the helm? how did the backs and WRs look? i hear the D is improved, but w/ it didnt seem that the Hawks had any trouble scoring on them unless all of those points came from turnovers?

AP Panther Fan
09-05-2005, 08:25 AM
OG has a pretty tough D. I'm not sure what they feed those boys over there.:thinking:

Best of luck to Ingleside, I think they can pull it off!:thumbsup:

piratebg
09-05-2005, 09:35 AM
Ingleside 20
Orange Grove 14

Defense will determine the outcome of this game.

District303aPastPlayer
09-05-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
OG has a pretty tough D. I'm not sure what they feed those boys over there.:thinking:

Best of luck to Ingleside, I think they can pull it off!:thumbsup:

i never got a writeup on their game vs ya'lll... mind givin a brief one?

AP Panther Fan
09-05-2005, 09:43 AM
I hope Ingleside can put it in the air because OG closes the gaps fairly quick. They certainly have the ability to shut down the running game.

Aaron, I don't have any of the stats. It is like our coaches aren't turning them in or something. I will check a couple of places and if I can come up with anything, I will post them.

AP Panther Fan
09-05-2005, 09:51 AM
write up (http://preps.caller.com/sport/football/BoxScore.cfm?SiteID=CCCT&DesignID=CCCT&GameID=391143&Gender=Boys&SportID=FTB)

Let's see if this works.....

Doesn't look too good, but we did have two td's called back. Upon reviewing the film according to a player, one call was bogus and the other was an illegal block on the other end of the line. Oh well............:(

Fish's mom
09-05-2005, 10:19 AM
so, if Coffield goes into the QB position, who will be the RB? Adams? i like Coffield at RB, hes a hard hittin little son of a gun! he was impressive last year at LB as a freshman. i guess hes somewhat fast too. gonna be hard to replace the speed Stacey brought to the spread, but we'll see i guess.

This is what I'm hearing but I believe still up in airCoffield as mostly QB and Zach as RB but it's early yet. more rumors etc will fly this week ;) Won't really know until Coaches makes decision.
But they could have won Zapata. Sorry, but Zapata didn't beat them. They beat themselves. I read somewhere like 4 turnovers, more like 8. Snaps bad, fumbles, interceptions, shoot I think Defense was on the field all but maybe 3 minutes the entire second half. Defense looked great and strong.Score could have been alot worse. Offenses Timing off. Rain probably didn't help.

But I still beleive they're going to find their footing and come out okay. With their strong start I really thought they would get this one. And it wasn't fattigue,, they didn't look exhausted, just couldn't get quit making fundmental mistakes that costs them the game. Well, anyway that's my take on the game.........Plus if anyone heading to Zapata this weekend, might bring your own rain gear.......I believe we bought Dollars stores out of all their ponchos HAHAH.

Oh, My predictions. Ingleside over Orange Grove by 7 or more but I'm partial and don't too much about OG either.

big daddy russ
09-05-2005, 10:41 AM
yup, especially against teams like Zapata, and it showed. i'd like to see Chrisman become the pocket passing style QB ive heard hes got the potential to be, and see Coffield stay at RB, i think he probably has an edge on Adams as far as running the ball goes, because of his hardnosed running style, its almost like he likes to run people over, not to mention Adams is best utilized at WR as hes got a sweet pair of hands.
I'd agree here. Chrisman's also a bigger kid than Coffield and has more potential to develop if he stays under center for four years. Coffield was dangerous running the ball (in a limited role) as a freshman, can't wait to see what he looks like this year.

Fish's mom
09-05-2005, 11:12 AM

Ingleside 35
Orange Grove 31
IHStangFan just so you know Chrisman a Soph too. Played ball with Coffield since 7th grade

b-dogs
09-05-2005, 03:38 PM
Is Stacey out for the rest of the season? We lost our QB too, but ours was due to injury. And at the 2A level that is a major blow. We were up 34-0, He should have been drinking Gatorade on the sideline.

piratebg
09-05-2005, 04:23 PM
[We were up 34-0, He should have been drinking Gatorade on the sideline. [/B][/QUOTE]

I hate it when coaches do that. At that point, when there is no way they are going to catch up, to losing team pretty much only has one thing they can do to even the score...........hurt some key players to plague the winning team for the rest of the season. Besides, when you have a big lead like that it is a good time to see what your 2nd and 3rd stringers are capable of for future situations.

99IHSMustang
09-05-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by b-dogs
Is Stacey out for the rest of the season? We lost our QB too, but ours was due to injury. And at the 2A level that is a major blow. We were up 34-0, He should have been drinking Gatorade on the sideline.

I believe that he is out for the rest of the season. We got a good group of players that will step it up though.

b-dogs
09-05-2005, 04:42 PM
Our Qb now is going to be a sophmore. I hope he can fill in and do the job. I hate it when kids get hurt but i feel worse when its a senior. Thats no way to go out your last season.

IHStangFan
09-05-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Fish's mom
IHStangFan just so you know Chrisman a Soph too. Played ball with Coffield since 7th grade OH....heck, i thought he was s freshman.