PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Wylie vs Aledo

ProducerBilly
09-04-2005, 08:55 PM
I have a feeling this game is going to get ugly. If Abilene Wylie is all that I've heard they are, then I have a feeling its going to be a long night for Aledo.

Anyones thoughts? I'll be at this game.

VWG
09-04-2005, 09:01 PM
No way. Aledo is way too talented to let Wylie roll over them.
They just lost to 5A North Crowley, and it was only a loss of either 10-14 points.
Wylie is very, very good, but to say they will blow out Aledo is going way out on a limb.

IHStangFan
09-04-2005, 09:01 PM
I was going to say....Ive been hearing A.W. has got one heckova team this year. I'll keep my eyes on them, as i'm curious about what they DO have.

Adidas410s
09-04-2005, 10:56 PM
with the exception of my senior year in 2000 when we beat them in the 2nd round of the playoffs (they were #1 btw! :D ) Wylie has always struggled with Aledo. Now that Brock Newton and Ryan Christian are gone...it may be a different story!

injuredinmelee
09-05-2005, 07:04 AM
It will take Wylies very best effort to get out of Aledo with a W. Last years game was great until the 4th quarter when Wylie had 4 straight turnovers that led to Aledo points.

VWG
09-05-2005, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
It will take Wylies very best effort to get out of Aledo with a W. Last years game was great until the 4th quarter when Wylie had 4 straight turnovers that led to Aledo points.

FYI- Gonzalez Apaches

injuredinmelee
09-05-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by VWG
FYI- Gonzalez Apaches

But its so much better with just the Whatever their mascot is.

ProducerBilly
09-05-2005, 12:03 PM
Well whether a blowout or close game, I'm very excited to be covering this one this week.

injuredinmelee
09-05-2005, 12:47 PM
covering for who?

Also Aledo fans, any good places to eat in town before the game?
A buddy and I are gonna play Sugar Tree that afternoon and then go to the game.

ProducerBilly
09-05-2005, 01:14 PM
injured, all the games i cover are for texasprepxtra ... this is the best place for 3a talk so I enjoy reading the boards here, i just dont post a lot but i probably will be posting more this season.

Johnny Moxen
09-06-2005, 04:51 PM
Should be a good game. Coach Sandifer always likes to challenge his team with a tough non-district schedule. Even though Wylie lost 38 players off last years 3A Div I State Championship team, it appears that Wylie may have only re-loaded rather than had to rebuild.

Offense is strong. This is the QB's third year as a starter. As a Soph he lead the team to the State Semi-Final game and last year to the State Championship (31 varsity games under his belt). After watching him, you can see why is a verbal committment to U of H. Good core of running backs and receivers and the O-Line is very, very good. Not a lot of depth in the O-Line and behind the QB if he goes down.

The D-fense is even stronger than last year in my opinion. The NG Jared Robertson is a beast! Couple of causes for concern though, our ability to defend the pass with new secondary players and ability to give up large volume of real estate if a team can get outside on us.

Kicking game is very suspect thus far in my opinion.

Glad to see Newton and Christian are gone for Aledo, they gave us fits. Hopefully Wylie will bring their best game Friday night and make this game a contest to remember.

Anyone know anything about Aledo?

Whsdogs
09-06-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Moxen
Should be a good game. Coach Sandifer always likes to challenge his team with a tough non-district schedule. Even though Wylie lost 38 players off last years 3A Div I State Championship team, it appears that Wylie may have only re-loaded rather than had to rebuild.

Offense is strong. This is the QB's third year as a starter. As a Soph he lead the team to the State Semi-Final game and last year to the State Championship (31 varsity games under his belt). After watching him, you can see why is a verbal committment to U of H. Good core of running backs and receivers and the O-Line is very, very good. Not a lot of depth in the O-Line and behind the QB if he goes down.

The D-fense is even stronger than last year in my opinion. The NG Jared Robertson is a beast! Couple of causes for concern though, our ability to defend the pass with new secondary players and ability to give up large volume of real estate if a team can get outside on us.

Kicking game is very suspect thus far in my opinion.

Glad to see Newton and Christian are gone for Aledo, they gave us fits. Hopefully Wylie will bring their best game Friday night and make this game a contest to remember.

Anyone know anything about Aledo?

Not trying to stir things up and i played for wylie and all that great stuff in '03 when we went to the semis and Aledo has alot more people that do big things other then Christian...Christian for example had under 50 yards rushing in the game we faced them, the Aledo defense is relentless and will give the Wylie offense a HUGE test. So i have a tough fought game with Wylie eeking this one out. To bad i cant watch it though should be an awesome match up. :D

smustangs
09-06-2005, 06:52 PM
i just recently moved to aledo and will be attending this one. my lil brother is on the jv so i have gotten to watch the varsity. they are a good football team but i still see wylie pulling this one out aledo has a quick and hard hitting defense and a good quarterback. but wylie should pull it out by 7 and there is only a couple of places to eat actuall in aledo theres a place called jorge's mexican restaurant it would be on your way to the stadium just before you cross the railroad tracks on your left you should try that one.

MHSvarsity2007
09-06-2005, 11:42 PM
As much as I want to say Aledo, I have to go with Wylie. They have so much confidence built up from last year and then winning their first 2 games by 40+, you know they've got to be pumped up for this game. Especially since Aledo is a tough team on their schedule, you know they're working hard in practice too.

Best of Luck to Both Teams! Wish I could be there, but I must support my Badgers! :D

Ranger05
09-06-2005, 11:44 PM
they didnt win there first 2 games by 40+ they only beat greenwood 35-14

smustangs
09-06-2005, 11:48 PM
who all will be makein this one?

Johnny Moxen
09-07-2005, 10:00 AM
I'm gonna have to travel down I-20 and see this one. Have a favorite eating place, but I can't tell you or everyone will go there and I'll never get a table.

injuredinmelee
09-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Moxen
I'm gonna have to travel down I-20 and see this one. Have a favorite eating place, but I can't tell you or everyone will go there and I'll never get a table.
Dang you!!! Is this TM from Cumu?

Johnny Moxen
09-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Dang you!!! Is this TM from Cumu?

Who from Where????