PDA

View Full Version : 3a Division 2 who will dominate?

Wharton Tigers
09-04-2005, 07:04 PM
:) Wharton

Buckeye80
09-04-2005, 08:35 PM
The "homer" in me has to go with the Buckeyes. They look incredible for a team starting 12 sophomores, and they are the defending champs! (That and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffee.)

Daingerfield is looking very good thus far. Week 4 should be a great game when the Buckeyes travel to D-Field.

Otherwise, Jasper, Marlin, Bellville, Snyder, and Sweetwater seem to have their typical class teams back.

And just for the hell of it, how about Iowa Park and Manor as dark horses?

theyoefnshow
09-04-2005, 08:59 PM
how can you mention Bellville & not Cameron?

Buckeye80
09-04-2005, 09:03 PM
...........and Cameron looks to have a great team back!

JR2004
09-04-2005, 09:34 PM
I'll let the homer in me come out here as well and I'm going with Madison. When you lose just 4 lettermen and you had a varsity that featured 17 sophomores on it last year and still managed to get 3 rounds, you're going to have a pretty good chance to make a run at a title. The biggest thing for them is still the play of their senior QB Davidson who never played a snap of HS football until the SOC game. He seemed more comfortable in the pocket this week and took his time and stepped into some of his deep throws. Having the 3A 100 meter champion is a luxury to have at RB, but this team is only going to go as far as their defense and QB can take them.

Taking off the homer glasses, I really like Marlin's chances as well and Gilmer is still the state champs until someone knocks them off.

God Bless

IHStangFan
09-04-2005, 09:36 PM
I like Gilmer

Buckeye80
09-04-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
When you lose just 4 lettermen and you had a varsity that featured 17 sophomores on it last year and still managed to get 3 rounds, you're going to have a pretty good chance to make a run at a title.

And don't forget that y'all lost to the eventual state champions, and that's never a bad thing when you're assessing the success of a season. Good luck to the Trojans again this year, and maybe we'll see y'all in Greenville again (though it's still pretty early in the season).

Gobbler Fan
09-04-2005, 09:50 PM
Dont forget about Cuero if Gonzales makes the playoff's the Gobblers will be in the mix.

IHStangFan
09-04-2005, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Dont forget about Cuero if Gonzales makes the playoff's the Gobblers will be in the mix. Gonzales seems to be improved from last year after listening to their game the other night.

Buckeye80
09-04-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Dont forget about Cuero if Gonzales makes the playoff's the Gobblers will be in the mix.

God help us all if that happens! The Gobblers should stay up in D-1 where they belong!:D

Boo Comanches or Apaches!!(I never can remember their mascot.) I have Dave Campbell's right behind me, but I refuse to look it up. Is that lazy or what?

I'd love to see a Gilmer/Cuero matchup. Arguably the two best teams (no offense Abilene Wylie; you're still the champs) in 3A last year and two perennial power programs would make for one heck of a game.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-04-2005, 10:03 PM
Its a good chance Bellville will go D1 if Navasota misses out.
That could be a plus for the Brahmas, would not have to see Marlin twice in one season.

Gobbla2001
09-04-2005, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
God help us all if that happens! The Gobblers should stay up in D-1 where they belong!:D

Boo Comanches or Apaches!!(I never can remember their mascot.) I have Dave Campbell's right behind me, but I refuse to look it up. Is that lazy or what?

I'd love to see a Gilmer/Cuero matchup. Arguably the two best teams (no offense Abilene Wylie; you're still the champs) in 3A last year and two perennial power programs would make for one heck of a game.

Nah, in the end, Abilene Wylie was the best team... if not, Cuero would have won ha...

I feel that the top 4 or 5 in 3A was a close call last year with Gilmer up on top...

Buckeye80
09-04-2005, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
with Gilmer up on top...

But of course.:p LOL

bulldogbark
09-04-2005, 11:00 PM
Jasper may have a slight chance against yalls great team. but I doute it:devil:

Ranger05
09-04-2005, 11:09 PM
my money is on sweetwater

RBARKER
09-04-2005, 11:27 PM
Barbers Hill will be in the mix this year. The Eagles are looking good and improving every week.

j_dog
09-05-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by bulldogbark
way to call it Bark! :D

ro_tex_solja
09-05-2005, 03:52 AM
freakin division 2 is so loaded.....there are goin to be some exciting games

gtownpoke
09-05-2005, 09:23 AM
Gilmer has a small chance of going big school. They will win their district, Pittsburg and Gladewater should compete for 2nd and 3rd. However.. if Mineola or Sabine could pull of an upset (Mineola is more likely) Gladewater would stay home and Gilmer would go big school. I really think this is Gilmers best chance at winning state again just because small school is LOADED with great teams.

Buckeye80
09-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by bulldogbark

Just can't let go huh?

ro_tex_solja
09-05-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by gtownpoke
Gilmer has a small chance of going big school. They will win their district, Pittsburg and Gladewater should compete for 2nd and 3rd. However.. if Mineola or Sabine could pull of an upset (Mineola is more likely) Gladewater would stay home and Gilmer would go big school. I really think this is Gilmers best chance at winning state again just because small school is LOADED with great teams.

Mineola lost to a 1a team last week. but they have plenty of time to improve.

SnyTigBaseB07
09-05-2005, 01:49 PM
I'll say either Gilmer or Jasper!

lostaussie
09-05-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja
Mineola lost to a 1a team last week. but they have plenty of time to improve. that same 1a team would probably beat at least 3 teams in our district if not 4. pittsburg has really disappointed so far. got blown out by d'field and then lost to a team that didn't win a game last year. i really expected a lot more.

JR2004
09-05-2005, 05:19 PM
And don't forget that y'all lost to the eventual state champions, and that's never a bad thing when you're assessing the success of a season. Good luck to the Trojans again this year, and maybe we'll see y'all in Greenville again (though it's still pretty early in the season).

Good luck to y'all as well. I'd love to see a rematch up in Greenville again. Madison had a solid game plan last year, but Manuel Johnson messed the whole thing up. :) The DC just flat out said that his ability to make plays on the run was the whole difference in the game. They just had no way to contain him. It was a real eye-opener for all those sophomores that were starting as to what it takes to win a state title. They had the deer in the headlights syndrome in that first quarter, that's for sure.

I think that it did make the kids feel better knowing that they did lose to the state champion though. I think I'll probably know if Madison will be able to make a deeper run this season after the Kennedale game. The talent is there, but it's all going to come down to how Davidson plays at QB as well as the defense being able to continue playing at such a high level.

stateboundWR#5
09-05-2005, 11:43 PM
hey dont forget bout the snyder tigers... i think you might see em deep in the playoffs again!!! they're looking pretty good right now and the season is only starting.

hata_hurta06
09-06-2005, 08:03 AM
i wouldnt forget the tigers of wharton

Black & Gold
09-06-2005, 09:21 AM
Snyder will go far.

89JDAWG
09-06-2005, 10:31 AM
who will Jasper face in the region 3 championship cameron yoe or marlin??

RBARKER
09-06-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by 89JDAWG

Neither they will get beat by Barbers Hill in the quarters :D :D :D

SnyTigBaseB07
09-06-2005, 11:47 AM

i'll say marlin, but Jasper will win it.

mustang04
09-06-2005, 11:49 AM
i say Jasper plays sweetwater in state championship, just like how texashighschoolfootball.com has it...

BHBrave08
09-06-2005, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Barbers Hill will be in the mix this year. The Eagles are looking good and improving every week.

I agree. BH will be in the mix this year and should go fairly deep in the playoffs.

gobblerfan02
09-06-2005, 12:57 PM
Thinking that Gonzales has a good shot at making the third playoff spot, I'd say Cuero takes D2!

SnyTigBaseB07
09-06-2005, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by stateboundWR#5
hey dont forget bout the snyder tigers... i think you might see em deep in the playoffs again!!! they're looking pretty good right now and the season is only starting.

I agree with most of that, however the playoff bit..im still unsure on how far we're going i'd like to say to state or semi finals, but honestly its too early to tell.

Ranger Mom
09-06-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
i say Jasper plays sweetwater in state championship, just like how texashighschoolfootball.com has it...

Originally posted by gobblerfan02
Thinking that Gonzales has a good shot at making the third playoff spot, I'd say Cuero takes D2!

So....that could actually set up a showdown between Cuero vs. Sweetwater.

WOW...whatever would I do??:D:thinking:

Jody
09-06-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by BHBrave08
I agree. BH will be in the mix this year and should go fairly deep in the playoffs.

Special teams has to pull their heads out of you know where and our D needs to tighten up a little against the run. Having said all that, our offensice coaching is not good enough to adjust to a fast and agressive defense (AKA Kirbyville 2004).

mustang04
09-06-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

cheer for sweetwater!!....and i know whats on ur mind when u say that, looks like lil' Rangermom is gonna have to make a choice hahaha

Ranger Mom
09-06-2005, 01:28 PM
cheer for sweetwater!!....and i know whats on ur mind when u say that, looks like lil' Rangermom is gonna have to make a choice hahaha

That's still several months away....ANYTHING can happen!!;)

mustang04
09-06-2005, 01:28 PM
That's still several months away....ANYTHING can happen!!;)

haha

gobblerfan02
09-06-2005, 01:34 PM

Duh, you would sit right between me and 44 on the Cuero side....did ya even have to think on that one!:D

mustang04
09-06-2005, 01:38 PM
Duh, you would sit right between me and 44 on the Cuero side....did ya even have to think on that one!:D

dont try to persuade my future mother in law like that....:D

eagle.eyes
09-06-2005, 01:48 PM
Jody, gonna have to disagree this time. Looks like little Price is calling the shots on offense now. I can assure you he's not near as conservative. I'm of the belief things will be a little different this year come crunch time.

gobblerfan02
09-06-2005, 02:02 PM
dont try to persuade my future mother in law like that....:D

OOOOOOOOOOOOO, Ima gonna tell Kyle!!!!!!!!!!!:D

mustang04
09-06-2005, 02:06 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOO, Ima gonna tell Kyle!!!!!!!!!!!:D

i knew rangermoms daughter before kyle even had a license hahaha

Big C
09-07-2005, 12:24 PM
Jody, and to think I was missing your comments. BH is working out the kinks and they know what they have to do to go the distance. Keep it up Eagles, one game at a time.

89JDAWG
09-07-2005, 01:02 PM
I would love to see Jasper vs Cuero in the semi's. But it would be a long bus ride back home to reg. 4...:hairpunk:

Old Green
09-07-2005, 01:08 PM
I would love to see Jasper vs Cuero in the semi's. But it would be a long bus ride back home to reg. 4...:hairpunk: LOL :D Naa !!! It's not that far.:p

j_dog
09-07-2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Neither they will get beat by Barbers Hill in the quarters :D :D :D
Now that is a game I would pay to see! :D
Well, I usually pay to get in them all. ;)

Jody
09-07-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by eagle.eyes
Jody, gonna have to disagree this time. Looks like little Price is calling the shots on offense now. I can assure you he's not near as conservative. I'm of the belief things will be a little different this year come crunch time.

I agree, things are different and I certainly like the more agressive approach. If we can just get rid of those delayed run and wide-out short passes, we could move the ball much better. Not saying it is all bad by any means, around 500 yards offense each of the first two games is not bad. Sure would like to see a screen pass over the middle or a short 5-10 out slant over the middle and to the side lines.

Special teams is allowing way too many return yards on kick-offs and punts. Seems to be some fundamentals missing there. Hopefully they will shore that up before West Columbia. They are better than they have been given credit for, as have we.

Jody
09-07-2005, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Big C
Jody, and to think I was missing your comments. BH is working out the kinks and they know what they have to do to go the distance. Keep it up Eagles, one game at a time.

Ihave no doubt about that. One game at a time. Just a little frustration with the offense play calling the last few years. Looks better so far, whomever has the trigger.

swaterfan
09-08-2005, 03:00 AM

thats ignorent....wylie was better tahn cuero and so were alot of teams...like decatur