PDA

View Full Version : is having a good punter something you can really brag about?

AggieJohn
09-03-2005, 03:42 PM
just a poll to think and discuss about....say yes or no and answer it

ro_tex_solja
09-03-2005, 03:47 PM
im gonna have to say yes....in most close games its a battle of field position and if u have a good punter to pin the ball down there deep its definitly a plus

Pmoney
09-03-2005, 04:05 PM
I would say no bc u cant really brag about a good punter bc that means he has alot of game exp.

AggieJohn
09-03-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
I would say no bc u cant really brag about a good punter bc that means he has alot of game exp.
thats what i think too

kepdawg
09-03-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney

You can have a good punter without him having a lot of game experience.

This wouldn't have anything to do with a certain team that happend to beat A&M last year, would it John?

AggieJohn
09-03-2005, 04:40 PM
yes, it would, that stupid punter for OU :)

SnyTigBaseB07
09-03-2005, 04:42 PM
well you could have a punter that rarely sees game time, but when he does he executes perfectly....but i think it'd take alot of outside practice for that.

JHS_c/o_06'
09-03-2005, 04:56 PM
Yes, it is.

And last night, the ball was snapped over the PNG punters hands and he had to run back and get it..........picked it up....scrambled....was facing the sideline and kicked it 50 yards down the middle of the field. It was very impressive.

JR2004
09-03-2005, 05:08 PM
Well if you're a school like Baylor and you know you're headed for a 3 or 4 win season and your punter is the most valuable player on your team, I'd probably brag about Sepulveda if I were a Bears fan. That kid has a heck of a foot and should have a very good career waiting for him in the pros in the not too distant future. He's Todd Sauerbrun without the benefit of steroids. :)

Rabbit'93
09-03-2005, 05:13 PM
if i remeber correctly when lechler was at a&m, the aggie faithful loved to claim him.:D

AggieJohn
09-03-2005, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Well if you're a school like Baylor and you know you're headed for a 3 or 4 win season and your punter is the most valuable player on your team, I'd probably brag about Sepulveda if I were a Bears fan. That kid has a heck of a foot and should have a very good career waiting for him in the pros in the not too distant future. He's Todd Sauerbrun without the benefit of steroids. :)
did i ever even mention Baylor