PDA

View Full Version : Shepherd Pirates 2-0

pirate_qb_11
09-03-2005, 02:45 PM
Here comes the Shepherd Pirates...1st week 42-7 (7 points came from a turnover in the endzone by the rookie back up qb on his first play) 2nd week 34-0......great job by both the offense and defense in both weeks

Hupernikomen
09-03-2005, 02:51 PM
here comes jasper, kirbyville and silsbee

j_dog
09-03-2005, 03:04 PM
Congratulations to Shepherd. :) Now comes Woodville!! ;)

JHS_c/o_06'
09-03-2005, 03:18 PM
who did yall play

expect2win08
09-03-2005, 07:33 PM
Hardin Hornets

Running game for shepherd 335
passing game 117

one running back had 180 and another had 75
three others contributed the rest

the offense has definitely improved since last season

District303aPastPlayer
09-03-2005, 07:35 PM
who all were your two games against... and who else do you have lined up...
also.. who is in your district?

15portsfan
09-04-2005, 12:59 PM
Dont forget in Kountze that the Shepherd defense had an interception for a touchdown and an interception return to the 1 yard line, so give 2 scores to the defense.Shepherd will again be competetive but the test at how competetive will come the next 3 weeks when the Pirates travel to Cleveland who are a much improved team and to Woodville who will be very tough at home then finish non-district play at home against Splendora who just beat a very good Diboll team. As for Silsbee and their 0-2 start,I would hardly compare Kountze and Hardin to Liberty and Livingston, Silsbee will be a force in District play and anyone who dont believe that will most likely end up on the wrong end of a butt whooping from Silsbee.

MARLINDOGS
09-04-2005, 01:04 PM
Congratulations Shepherd on winning the first two games.:D

Tiger90
09-04-2005, 02:05 PM
You are bragging on beating Kountze? They have not made the playoffs since '74. They lost to Huntington of all teams Friday night. They will not win a game all year. Be proud of having a winning record, but don't get carried away about beating 2 scrub teams. Nothing against Kountze or Hardin, but come on let's be realistic.

bheagle
09-04-2005, 05:10 PM
is kerwin still at shepherd? pirate_qb_11?

Etexpirate
09-04-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Tiger90
You are bragging on beating Kountze? They have not made the playoffs since '74. They lost to Huntington of all teams Friday night. They will not win a game all year. Be proud of having a winning record, but don't get carried away about beating 2 scrub teams. Nothing against Kountze or Hardin, but come on let's be realistic.

Yeah..I think he is bragging! And what's wrong with bragging on a win? I'm not sure when Shepherd last made the playoffs in football..but they went 2 rounds deep in Softball last year thanks to the new Softball Coach and the new AD which are also involved in coaching the football program. This is the AD's 3rd year and I would say that he is showing that he has what it takes to turn the program around.

I seem to remember Silsbee winning State in softball when Tankersly was there...but yet Shepherd spanked you twice last year in District play. I didn't come on here and tell you guys to get real..

So I say..Let the Fans brag and feel that Pirate pride...it's been a long time coming.. be glad for them or say nothing at all..:inlove:

Tiger90
09-04-2005, 06:03 PM
I do not recall Silsbee ever winning state in any sport except track in '88 and weightlifting in the early '90s. I also do not recall anyone from Silsbee bragging about softball on a FOOTBALL board. Like I said, be happy you beat Kountze just as many teams do.

Out of curiosity what was Shepard's record at this point last season? Surely it was 2-0.

Hupernikomen
09-04-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Etexpirate
Yeah..I think he is bragging! And what's wrong with bragging on a win? I'm not sure when Shepherd last made the playoffs in football..but they went 2 rounds deep in Softball last year thanks to the new Softball Coach and the new AD which are also involved in coaching the football program. This is the AD's 3rd year and I would say that he is showing that he has what it takes to turn the program around.

I seem to remember Silsbee winning State in softball when Tankersly was there...but yet Shepherd spanked you twice last year in District play. I didn't come on here and tell you guys to get real..

So I say..Let the Fans brag and feel that Pirate pride...it's been a long time coming.. be glad for them or say nothing at all..:inlove:

You might have beaten Silsbee last year in softball which is great, but you didn't beat Tankersly who played at Kirbyville not Silsbee.

BHKrystal06
09-04-2005, 06:16 PM
Woo! Go BH! :D

Etexpirate
09-04-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
You might have beaten Silsbee last year in softball which is great, but you didn't beat Tankersly who played at Kirbyville not Silsbee.
Ahhh.. My bad.. You are right! I was kinda close geographically..lol...
Kinda takes away from my whole post!! lol.. I just hate it when somebody tries to minimize folks for being excited about their program.

pirate_qb_11
09-05-2005, 12:26 AM
bheagle, he is still here and has turned out to be a good little corner for us..he may be short but he works out good for us!
THANKS Etexpirate....we went 7-3 last year and right now 2-0 and we still have no respect...they griped about the offense last year...now we are putting up points....and we still have no respect i don't think they ever will until we make the playoffs...even then they still wont though.....they just wouldnt understand how good it feels to win if they haven't been in a program that has been turned from 2-8 to 7-3

j_dog
09-05-2005, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Etexpirate
Yeah..I think he is bragging! And what's wrong with bragging on a win? ....
You are right to brag on your team. Keep it up! :) You are justified to feel good about your turnaround. :)

SintonFan_inAustin
09-05-2005, 12:44 AM
welcome aboard m8 from one Pirate fan to another :D

Hupernikomen
09-05-2005, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by pirate_qb_11
bheagle, he is still here and has turned out to be a good little corner for us..he may be short but he works out good for us!
THANKS Etexpirate....we went 7-3 last year and right now 2-0 and we still have no respect...they griped about the offense last year...now we are putting up points....and we still have no respect i don't think they ever will until we make the playoffs...even then they still wont though.....they just wouldnt understand how good it feels to win if they haven't been in a program that has been turned from 2-8 to 7-3

Shepherd was in the playoffs not too many years ago out of a tough district. I have respect for what you guys are doing, but it is like you said you will have to either make the playoffs or beat someone who already has others respect before you get any.