PDA

View Full Version : Bellville vs Marlin (Texas High School Game of the week)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-03-2005, 12:40 PM
Fox Sports will cover this weeks game with Bellville and Marlin, as it will be DQ. High school game of the week, in Texas Football.
This game will feature a seasond veteran club in Marlin, and a young Bellville team that is growing up fast, Bellville beat a top 20 team Caldwell the first week 24-6, and was ahead of #3 Cameron with 1:20 left to play, but the Yoe, showing why they are rated so high, pulled it out with a pass play to #5 there stud to win. Even with a loss to a top rated team like Cameron Bellville looks like they are a team to be looked at when it comes to top rated teams. Bellville steps up the ladder to play #1 Marlin and will try to get the Upset.
After playing 3 teams in a row that were in the top 20, Bellville will look to take that experiance and be good to go the rest of the way with there remaning games in pre-season and then District play.
Give a prediction on this one.

theyoefnshow
09-03-2005, 02:07 PM
too hard to say. La Vega took Marlin to the limit but then beats Rosebudd Lott (2a) by a score of 7-0. Then Marlin destroys a 4A squad...I say it depends on which team shows up but it'd be nice to see the dogs get beat :)

marlin fan
09-03-2005, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
too hard to say. La Vega took Marlin to the limit but then beats Rosebudd Lott (2a) by a score of 7-0. Then Marlin destroys a 4A squad...I say it depends on which team shows up but it'd be nice to see the dogs get beat :) are u just saying that cus i HATE cameron???

dutchman
09-03-2005, 02:37 PM
Yes, it is true as yoefnshow states that La Vega ONLY beat Rosebud-Lott a 2A team. However, Rosebud-Lott - My Alma Mater - was picked to win this game by 10 points. The previous week Rogers was picked to win over Rosebud-Lott by 13 points. Rosebud-Lott won that game 27-0. So, while yoefnshow is not willing to give La Vega any credit, I will give them props for the game against Marlin and the win against Rosebud-Lott. As for Bellville and Marlin the game will come down to the team that makes the fewest mistakes and takes advantage of the other teams missteps. Marlin on paper has the advantage with their quarterback and receiving core. The secondary is strong as they shut down Parrish Cox of Waco University with man on man coverage last night and threw against him during the game. Good luck to both teams and do not let the media attention go to your heads. Have fun. Play ball. And let the fans talk the trash before and after the game.

CHS_CG
09-03-2005, 02:37 PM
I think Marlin can do it!

GO MARLIN!:inlove:

theyoefnshow
09-03-2005, 05:09 PM
ORIGINALLY, I said....

"too hard to say. La Vega took Marlin to the limit but then beats Rosebudd Lott (2a) by a score of 7-0. Then Marlin destroys a 4A squad...I say it depends on which team shows up but it'd be nice to see the dogs get beat"

Originally posted by dutchman
Yes, it is true as yoefnshow states that La Vega ONLY beat Rosebud-Lott a 2A team. However, Rosebud-Lott - My Alma Mater - was picked to win this game by 10 points. The previous week Rogers was picked to win over Rosebud-Lott by 13 points. Rosebud-Lott won that game 27-0. So, while yoefnshow is not willing to give La Vega and credit, I will give them props for the game against Marlin and the win against Rosebud-Lott. As for Bellville and Marlin the game will come down to the team that makes the fewest mistakes and takes advantage of the other teams missteps. Marlin on paper has the advantage with their quarterback and receiving core. The secondary is strong as they shut down Parrish Cox of Waco University with man on man coverage last night and threw against him during the game. Good luck to both teams and do not let the media attention go to your heads. Have fun. Play ball. And let the fans talk the trash before and after the game.

That's funny.....I don't recall saying they ONLY beat RL by x amount of points. I just said they BEAT them. At what point am I not giving La Vega credit? I think I also said La Vega took Marlin to the limit. Is that not giving them props? Whatever man. What I'm saying is that the game is too hard to call because of all the circumstances. Is La Vega that good? Is Rosebud that good? Is University that bad? Is Marlin as good as #2? IMPOSSIBLE TO TELL any of the above. Obviously any team that can stand toe to toe w/ Marlin has something going for them. On the other hand, Rosebud is normally a 2A powerhouse. BUT....they held La Vega to 7 points and Marlin gave them 21. Do you get what I'm sayin? Anything can happen on any given week so don't sit here and say I"m not giving credit where it's due.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-03-2005, 07:35 PM
Original on this topic!

Chris Hart
09-03-2005, 07:38 PM
Marlin by 7

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-03-2005, 09:20 PM
Hey Bulls-Eye, are you going to the game with Red m. man?:D :D

Bull's-eye
09-04-2005, 12:15 AM
Hopefully, I will get to go to the game. I think RM will be at the game very early (he secretly pulls for Marlin and is friends with the Marlin coaching staff). He may even be on their sidelines or sit in their press box. If you sit in front of him, make sure you don't stand and block his view or you may get hit by an umbrella. LOL

BrahmaMom
09-04-2005, 11:17 AM
RM makes friends with ALL coaching staffs, that shouldn't sway him from his loyalty to his beloved Brahmas! Although he doesn't know these young bulls as well as past Brahmas. I will be in Los Angeles for the Rice (U)-UCLA game, so won't be able to make it, but have the two younger brothers playing this week--freshmen play Marlin at home Thursday night, jr high plays Cameron there Thursday night. BrahmaDad will be at the freshmen game, I travel to Cameron, for the Baby Brahma of the clan to make his Brahma debut on the football field. Hope RM is in the stands Thursday so BrahmaDad can make sure he'll be cheering the right way come Friday night, I don't care where he is sitting on Friday. It'll be quite a battle Friday night, fewer mistakes for the Brahmas and an off night for Marlin could see a hiuge win for the Bulls. Don't place your bets on this game, too close to call. What do you say, KL3?

dutchman
09-04-2005, 11:26 AM
While I am sure Bellville has improved this year and have played very good football against Caldwell and Cameron, I do not see this as a close game. Bellville has taken Marlin to the wire over the past seasons and tradition always plays a part in schools that find a way to win. I say Marlin by at least three touchdowns. Bellville may score with their running game, but they will not pass against the dawgs seconday. The rebuilt defensive line is still finding their footing and new and young players will have to step up this game. As for Marlin's offense Bellville may stop them a few times, but look for a lot of Jeremy Sanders and the Marlin receivers all night long. If Bellville has to go to the passing game to catch up it will be a long night for the Brahamas. Good luck to both teams.

BrahmaMom
09-04-2005, 01:19 PM
dutchman, the Bulls like long nights! The win might not be pretty, might not be huge, but still may be a win for the Brahmas. And we take 'em any way we can get 'em. After the history, you think the bulls aren't gonna wanna take the dawgs?? Again, don't bet money you can't afford to lose--just a Mom's advise. Are y'all ready this, Brahmas??? I know you can't get on and comment, but let it get you fired up, guys! This Mom believes in the Brahmas!!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-04-2005, 09:54 PM
Im ready for the road trip, are you!!!!!

BrahmaMom
09-04-2005, 11:11 PM
Would love to be there just to see the "impossible" just maybe happen. I'll be in CA with the former Brahmas for Rice Univ. But we'll get reports via BrahmaDad and our 7th grade Brahma who will remain in Bellville. Go Brahmas!!!

formermbcouns
09-05-2005, 01:01 AM
Marlin by 14...Marlin is coming off a very impressive win over a quality 4A team...

dutchman
09-05-2005, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
dutchman, the Bulls like long nights! The win might not be pretty, might not be huge, but still may be a win for the Brahmas. And we take 'em any way we can get 'em. After the history, you think the bulls aren't gonna wanna take the dawgs?? Again, don't bet money you can't afford to lose--just a Mom's advise. Are y'all ready this, Brahmas??? I know you can't get on and comment, but let it get you fired up, guys! This Mom believes in the Brahmas!!!!

The players do not need any posts to get them fired up. Bellville will be looking to knock the dawgs off, but it won't happen. The dogs are not there yet, but they are reaching playoff potential after two games. Based on pasts games against Bellville, I would have to say the 2003 team was the best. The 2002 Brahama team that defeated Marlin in three overtimes was good, but that 2003 team in my opinion was head and shoulders above them. Having said that after the last two games versus the Bulldogs, Bellville really has not had an answer for them. Personally, I think the 2004 team relied too much on one player, Bellville like most 3A schools has a number of athletes, not just one or two. The 2004 Bulldogs team was very good, but this 2005 version looks to be on their game very quickly. This is not bragging, but all I can say is bring your track shoes.

BrahmaMom
09-05-2005, 05:31 PM
I agree with you, dutchman, we better bring our track shoes. I am hoping those previous teams have set the tone and an example to follow. No doubt Marlin would be an upset, I have nothing but respect for the football they play. That's why we play the game. Both teams win if there are no serious injuries. My son got knocked out of the '02 season first game of the year or the 2002 team would have been even better than it was. Good luck to both teams, but ya know I love my Bulls!

dutchman
09-05-2005, 06:11 PM
Good luck to the Brahmas. Travel safe.

Bull's-eye
09-05-2005, 06:16 PM
The "Red Mustache" loves his Brahmas, but he has high praise and respect for coach Malone and the football program at Marlin. RM would love nothing more than a Bellville win, but in all honesty thinks Malone and CO. will be too much for the young Brahmas.

I have to agree, but I saw a lot of heart from the Brahmas this past Friday. On offense, Bellville will have to try and control the clock. The more they keep Marlin's offense off the field, the better off they will be. Much like playing Cameron, keeping this game with in striking distance will be critical. Marlin has the athletes to score quickly and often! I don't expect a Bellville upset, but hopefully another good showing and competitive game.

CheerMom
09-05-2005, 06:55 PM
I'm pulling for the heart of the Brahma's. Make D20 proud!!
Play safe and everyone going to the game travel safely!!

Go Raiders!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

faithfuldog
09-06-2005, 10:55 AM
Should be a good game for each team. Last years Bellville team appeared young and inexperienced but showed signs of the toughness of past Bellville teams. This years squad played Cameron tight and Cameron appears to be a strong team.

The Dogs will come ready and will expect a hard fight from the Brahmas.

Bulldogs by 14

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-06-2005, 10:28 PM
Bellville will have to play flawless ball and get some breaks to win, Marlin has the experience over the young Brahmas, evn though Bellville is playing good football this early, but it dosnt help you record when you start the year with 3 teams in the top 20, and two are in the top 5, but you get the experience of playing a play-off team in the begining of the year. What counts is after pre-district. Bellville is young but will be favored the rest of the way after Marlin.
Go Bellville get the UPSET!!!!!!!!!!

SintonFan
09-06-2005, 10:33 PM
Let's go Brahmas!!! :clap: :clap:

MARLINDOGS
09-06-2005, 11:34 PM
Go Dawgssssssssssssss.:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Ranger05
09-06-2005, 11:36 PM
im saying marlin by 17 in this one

Bull's-eye
09-08-2005, 06:02 PM
I read that there is a slim chance this game may be moved to Waco. Does anybody have any details?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-08-2005, 08:50 PM
Last I heard it was still in Marlin.

marlin fan
09-08-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Let's go Brahmas!!! :clap: :clap: *givin u a diry look right now* GO DAWGS BEAT BELLVILLE!!!

dutchman
09-08-2005, 10:53 PM
No, the game will be played in Marlin. From what I have heard the new fieldhouse will not be ready. Meet and greet is still open for the Bellville Brahama fans. Marlin Fan, MARLINDOGS, and I plan to meet at the south end of the field, on the visitors side at halftime near the uncompleted new fieldhouse. Any Bellville posters that want to join in on the fun feel free. I will bring the camera for pictures to post.

BrahmaMom
09-08-2005, 11:16 PM
Good luck, Brahmas! Wish I could be there for the meet and greet-have fun. Go Bulls!!

MARLINDOGS
09-09-2005, 07:03 AM
Play a great game tonight.Go Dawgssssssssss.:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

BTEXDAD
09-09-2005, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by dutchman
No, the game will be played in Marlin. From what I have heard the new fieldhouse will not be ready. Meet and greet is still open for the Bellville Brahama fans. Marlin Fan, MARLINDOGS, and I plan to meet at the south end of the field, on the visitors side at halftime near the uncompleted new fieldhouse. Any Bellville posters that want to join in on the fun feel free. I will bring the camera for pictures to post.

Will plan to make that.

Bull's-eye
09-09-2005, 11:10 AM
Good luck to both teams! Look forward to meeting at halftime.

Go Bulls!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

thatboy
09-09-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Bellville will have to play flawless ball and get some breaks to win, Marlin has the experience over the young Brahmas, evn though Bellville is playing good football this early, but it dosnt help you record when you start the year with 3 teams in the top 20, and two are in the top 5, but you get the experience of playing a play-off team in the begining of the year. What counts is after pre-district. Bellville is young but will be favored the rest of the way after Marlin.
Go Bellville get the UPSET!!!!!!!!!!
Having that schedule might be a blessing in disguise. The year Marlin went to state we started off 1-4.We lost to University 4@, Midway 4a, Burnet #1 in 3A,and Ennis #1 in 4a. But then we went on a roll and beat every district team by 50 and rolled into the playoffs. So that predistrict schedule means nothing. I believe we were the best 1 and 4 team in Texas.

strike hard
09-09-2005, 05:06 PM
Should be a good one Go Brahmas! Represent D-20

SintonFan
09-09-2005, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
*givin u a diry look right now* GO DAWGS BEAT BELLVILLE!!!
ROFLMAO!:D
Sorry B, I root for you guys too but some of us made a connection with Bellville several years ago. They are one of my favorite teams outside of reg. 4. We met some classy folks at that game in 2001.
still...
go dawgs?:inlove:

BULLDOGFANDES
09-09-2005, 07:42 PM
Does anyone know if the Marlin and Beville game in on the net?

OldBrahma04
09-09-2005, 09:00 PM
?

OldBrahma04
09-09-2005, 09:12 PM
Bellville was winning 23-7

OldBrahma04
09-09-2005, 09:17 PM
31-14

gobbler grad
09-09-2005, 09:20 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

BULLDOGFANDES
09-09-2005, 09:28 PM
does anyone know the score on this game at halftime

OldBrahma04
09-09-2005, 09:32 PM
31-21 Bellville, late in the 3rd

OldBrahma04
09-09-2005, 09:50 PM
31-28 Bellville with 3 minutes left

OldBrahma04
09-09-2005, 10:01 PM
35-31 marlin

GS#17
09-09-2005, 10:01 PM
Final?

OldBrahma04
09-09-2005, 10:04 PM
no

OldBrahma04
09-09-2005, 10:05 PM
Bellville ball 2 minutes and 18 seconds left

OldBrahma04
09-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Bellville on Marlin 10

OldBrahma04
09-09-2005, 10:08 PM
5 yard line barely over a minute left

OldBrahma04
09-09-2005, 10:08 PM
timeout marlin

OldBrahma04
09-09-2005, 10:09 PM
tocuhdown bellville

gobblerfan02
09-09-2005, 10:17 PM
UPDATE ANYONE?

gobblerfan02
09-09-2005, 10:17 PM
CUERO JUST WON A NAIL BITER 29-28 OVER WHARTON!

OldBrahma04
09-09-2005, 10:19 PM
11 sec left Marlin ball on the Bellville 24

gobbler grad
09-09-2005, 10:21 PM
who wins...:thinking:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-10-2005, 01:56 AM
BELLVILLE WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-10-2005, 01:58 AM
Bellville 38 Marlin 35 Final!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-10-2005, 02:00 AM
Bellville 38 Marlin 35 Final!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-10-2005, 02:03 AM
What a game this was, another classic Bellville vs Marlin game!

dutchman
09-10-2005, 06:23 AM
i agree totally. what is this about bellville going d1? i expected another matchup in the playoffs this year.

Brahmasportsfan
09-10-2005, 07:20 AM
Bellville would only go D1 if Navasota doesn't make the playoffs and they do.

strike hard
09-10-2005, 07:35 AM
Great game Brahmas!!!

Bull's-eye
09-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Great win Bellville!!!! Bellville came out on fire taking a 24-6 halftime lead. Marlin got their passing game going and was never stopped until the final play. Great tackle by #4 Nolan Sconyers to save the day.

Did anybody see the "Red Mustache" on FSN? We stopped at the Marlin Dairy Queen, where the FSN guys thought he was quite a character and a true guru of high school football. They filmed him for their show and later showed him celebrating a Bellville TD.

Good luck to Marlin and their fine coaching staff. We had a good time visiting and talking football.

BrahmaMom
09-11-2005, 08:00 PM
What happened to marlin fan on this thread??? What a classic game of memories for the Brahmas! Yes, the Bellville-
Sinton connection was made in Victoria in 2001. Sinton stud Marcus Charles was held to a record low yards by Bellville's #11. Unfortunately for the Brahmas, Sinton took advantage of half-time to revise their plan and came up the winner. But we all came away with a new respect for each other's players and new friends. One of those former Sinton players, Bubba Heard, plays for Rice University now with two former Brahmas from that '01 team. I still love and respect those Pirates, past, present and future!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-11-2005, 09:19 PM
What happend to meet and greet at Half-time? No one show'd???

Bull's-eye
09-12-2005, 05:25 PM
What happend to meet and greet at Half-time? No one show'd??? I was wondering the same thing. :thinking: I was looking forward to meeting some of the 3A posters. I did get to meet FBB, he kept telling me that the game was far from over and watch out for Marlin in the 2nd half. Boy!!...........He was right!!!

thatboy
09-12-2005, 06:24 PM
If everything goes as planned I would love to see a Marlin-Bellville rematch in the playoffs.Because that was one of the best games I've seen in high School football.(Even though my Bulldogs lost).Besides last year,every year Bellville and MArlin play the team that is picked to win doesnt win.

1.1st year everybody said MArlin would win and Bellville won .
2.Next year Bellville was susposed to have the better team and MArlin won.
3.This year MArlin was highly ranked and Bellville won.

So if we were to meet in the playoffs I hope everybody says bellville will win.;)

dutchman
09-12-2005, 06:28 PM
What happend to meet and greet at Half-time? No one show'd???

I stood on the Bellville side for about ten minutes during halftime. I talked with a Bellville fan, he told me that his son is a coach on the Bellville team. Since I could not find anyone, I went back to my seat. Maybe we can meet up in the area finals again this year.

marlin fan
09-12-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
What happened to marlin fan on this thread??? i'm here lol just not visiting the board as much as i use to!!!

BrahmaMom
09-12-2005, 09:11 PM
Glad you didn't abandon us, marlin fan, this is too much fun! The Marlin-Bellville rivalry will be a fun tradition to follow thru the years! We've all learned to season our crow before we eat it! If you don't support and believe in your team, who will?? That first Bellville win over Marlin will always be my favorit--THREE overtimes, I didn't think I'd live thru it! Good luck to the Bulldogs the rest of the season.

BTEXDAD
09-13-2005, 08:39 AM
I apologize if I missed anything at meet and greet.
I was excited after first half, plus we had rushed to get to game and not eaten.
After eating some nachos during halftime, I remembered the meet and greet, but no one was around by that time.
Great game though! If about 10 more seconds had been left in game, Marlin probably wins.
Good luck rest of year, dawgs!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-13-2005, 02:41 PM
Hey Big Tex, what # is your players on the volleyball team?

formermbcouns
09-13-2005, 08:42 PM
It was another classic Marlin/Bellville game...maybe another one is in the works for the playoffs???