PDA

View Full Version : Comments on Se TX and Coastal 3A scores

Old Cardinal
09-02-2005, 11:12 PM
Big surprise in Bridge City-- they dominated Liberty and played a lot of subs for 2/3rds of the game. The game ended 28-0 but could have been 50-0+ had Coach Tarver kept his first unit on the field after the middle of the 2nd quarter Basically the Panthers could not move the ball against any unit that BC put on the field.

I am impressed with BH over Vidor 42 to 19. I would think that BC & BH both should definately be rated in the top twenty.
I told you so, Cleveland would get better they beat a fair H-F team 23-20.

Jasper 41 over PN-G is a very big statement! All 3A should take note.

Kirbyville 40 Corrigan-Campden 0

Newton 46 Anahuac 7 Having seen BC give Newton a great scrimmage I suspect that Anahuac is down a bit this year.
Livingston 34 Silsbee 20

SintonFan_inAustin
09-02-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal

Jasper 41 over PN-G is a very big statement! All 3A should take note.

[/B]

ALL 3a had already taken notice of jasper, we all know there a top team in 3a:D

j_dog
09-02-2005, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
ALL 3a had already taken notice of jasper, we all know there a top team in 3a:D
Don't know about that, but 4a PNG did beat a 5a team last week.

Old Cardinal
09-03-2005, 09:34 AM
That to me was a very big win for Jasper. I realize that someone in San Antonio would not understand just how good a 4A team that you played. Jasper has really shone strength in that big a win over a better-than-average 4A squad.

District303aPastPlayer
09-03-2005, 10:37 AM
That to me was a very big win for Jasper. I realize that someone in San Antonio would not understand just how good a 4A team that you played. Jasper has really shone strength in that big a win over a better 4A squad.

so why would jasper beating a 4a team that is consistantly good and sinton beating a 4a team that is consistantly good any different? i understand that because they are a region III team, they are automatically the greatest show on turf :rolleyes: but seriously.... sometimes its a mockery of yourself... the things you say :)

Hupernikomen
09-03-2005, 10:46 AM
That to me was a very big win for Jasper. I realize that someone in San Antonio would not understand just how good a 4A team that you played. Jasper has really shone strength in that big a win over a better 4A squad.

I certainly don't think PNG is a better team than Jasper as you suggest. Nothing like the PNG teams I have seen in the past.

ALLSPORTSGUY
09-03-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
I certainly don't think PNG is a better team than Jasper as you suggest. Nothing like the PNG teams I have seen in the past.

I believe he meant bigger not better.

WOS1
09-03-2005, 05:50 PM
I don't think HE even knows what he's talking about.

X Man
09-03-2005, 08:54 PM
Yeah, he doesn't. Did you notice that he managed to leave the West Orange-Stark / Nederland score off his post? He literally hates WOS.

Old Cardinal
09-05-2005, 08:36 PM
I think that PN-G is one of the better 4As around: yes, they have been at the top of the stack many times in years past and maybe are not quite as strong in overall 4A. I think that the size of the win score is a good expression of the strength of Jasper at this point in the year.

Hupernikomen
09-05-2005, 10:38 PM
That was an impressive win by BC over liberty as well. Looks like BC is playing much better at this point of the season than they were last year at this time.

BTW saw BC volleyball girl's highlights on TV tonight.

wos fan1
09-05-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by X Man
Yeah, he doesn't. Did you notice that he managed to leave the West Orange-Stark / Nederland score off his post? He literally hates WOS. Typical! :clap:

X Man
09-05-2005, 10:58 PM
Yeah, he just can't STAND WOS, and the fact that BC gets handed other loss everytime they go up againt them. He just refuses to even discuss anything with WOS people. I bet IF Bridge City was ever able to weasel out a win against WOS, he would want to talk to every single one of us then! Just another example of the character of those people there. They can dish it, but can't take it.

j_dog
09-05-2005, 11:39 PM
Yeah, he just can't STAND WOS, .......
it may be envy.... ;)

bulldogbark
09-05-2005, 11:44 PM
could be Feather envy:D

SintonFan
09-05-2005, 11:47 PM
It seems he's giving some credit to other teams. He also said PNG might not be as good this year. Give him some credit guys.

District303aPastPlayer
09-05-2005, 11:49 PM
Just another example of the character of those people there. They can dish it, but can't take it.

:clap: :clap:

X Man
09-06-2005, 01:56 AM
Oh, he's probably an ok guy. There's a lot of people over there that just HATE us. They are real clannish there, and most of us have had to listen to all their BS for years. The athletic director there, even made a racial comment at their athletic banquet several years ago.

exbccards76'smom
09-06-2005, 05:19 AM
Please do not put all of us BC fans into the same Pot!! I do talk a little smack at times,but when we get beat, I give the opposing team praise and congratulate them. I have many friends from other towns that we have played(and that have beaten us!!):o :hand:

X21AAAPlayer
09-06-2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by exbccards76'smom
Please do not put all of us BC fans into the same Pot!! I do talk a little smack at times,but when we get beat, I give the opposing team praise and congratulate them. I have many friends from other towns that we have played(and that have beaten us!!):o :hand:
DITTO! NO need for a comment like that. There are probably more people here that are very respectful and enjoy good games. When was this "comment" supposedly said? PM me to tell me but I'm going to let you know... We're not all bad:) Heck I even have some family members that played for other schools around here, pretty much every one to be exact.

JasperDog94
09-06-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
the greatest show on turf I think that was Gilmer's self professed title last year.:nerd: :nerd:

Jody
09-06-2005, 09:55 AM
Yeah, he doesn't. Did you notice that he managed to leave the West Orange-Stark / Nederland score off his post? He literally hates WOS.

I also hate WOS. No need in reading anything else other than that. They suck!

:D

89JDAWG
09-06-2005, 10:23 AM
Every year since we have been in the spread it takes alot of games before we learn how to hold on to the football. Just think of how many we could have scored without the fumbles.

Old Cardinal
09-06-2005, 10:37 AM
I see that ignoring you folks just will not work. If we comment in any way on WO-S football you attack; if we choose not to comment to try to keep peace on this board, you attack. It is a shame that grown men have so little going for them that they have to try to boost their egos vicariously based on the activities of HS youth playing football!
I certainly have nothing against the players and Coaches of the fine WO-S football team. I do think it is a tragedy that they have a few pompous wind-bags on 3A DL that continue to try to stir up controversy.

Old Cardinal
09-06-2005, 01:32 PM

eagle.eyes
09-06-2005, 01:50 PM
LOL

GS#17
09-06-2005, 02:09 PM
OC you get "attacked" because you make idiotic posts about WOS. If you just write things that aren't ridiculous, nobody would counter what you're posting. As for ignoring things, yes, you did ignore WOS, and then attacked someone who pointed it out. I'd say it looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the nest this morning, but you are always cantankerous, especially toward WOS, its successes, its players, and its coaches, and this provided a pretty good excuse for you to lash out. Get over it, OC...

bulldogbark
09-06-2005, 02:11 PM
I thought I felt a breeze. well cardinal you got about three more weeks before a bigger breeze comes your way. the breeze you'll feel as our running backs and QB pass yall up on the field here in Jasper. You'll be the last tune up before our district starts:)

wos fan1
09-06-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Jody
I also hate WOS. No need in reading anything else other than that. They suck!

:D And so do you! :foul: :foul:

bulldogbark
09-06-2005, 02:35 PM
I wish one of us would meet you in the playoffs (Jasper or WO--S) but you would have to make it there wouldnt you.... so I guess you can just come and watch our games and try to visualize what It would be like to be out there with us:thinking:

89JDAWG
09-06-2005, 02:57 PM
What I saw when jasper played wos neither team deserves the right to play in the playoffs. but then again that was the first game, but I didnt see anything impressive from either side...

bulldogbark
09-06-2005, 02:59 PM
and your pick on who does? must of been at the wrong game. dont worry it happens:)

89JDAWG
09-06-2005, 03:31 PM
newton for sure, Kirbyville was very clean, I do wonder if marlin and cameron yoe is worth the hipe.

wos fan1
09-06-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by 89JDAWG
What I saw when jasper played wos neither team deserves the right to play in the playoffs. but then again that was the first game, but I didnt see anything impressive from either side... Man some people just don't know $hit.

bulldogbark
09-06-2005, 03:42 PM
Newton?? yeah there going to make the playoff but they are 2A. which has nothing to do with 3A. Kirbyville aint getting nowhere. thats the one team I hope that we run up the score so bad, they will move out of Jasper county,,,, the crp they pulled on us last year. they would do anything for a win,, goes for the coaches also:o

WOS1
09-06-2005, 03:45 PM
What I saw when jasper played wos neither team deserves the right to play in the playoffs. but then again that was the first game, but I didnt see anything impressive from either side...

That's your opinion and everyones got one, you said in another post that K'ville and Newton do impress you. Well... we beat K'ville 42-14 in a game situation scrimmage already. Yes I realize it was just a scrim, but it does indicate at least something and we play Newton in 3 weeks. So I guess we'll see what happens.

OC, there you go playing the innocent Old Fart again. You know as well as I that everything you post about WO-S or it's community is condescending. Even when you omit mentioning WO-S it's done with malice. No, you could not say that our victory over a perenial 4A power was impressive. I've told you before OC, your motives are transparent, so give up the "poor me" BS.

Bullaholic
09-06-2005, 03:49 PM
WOS1....How close is Little Cypress-Mauriceville to WO-S? It's a 4A school, and if it's close---there must be lots of folks in your section of SE Texas---not trying to stir anything up---my interest is genuine just for my own info , but just how close are a lot of the High schools down there?

89JDAWG
09-06-2005, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by wos fan1
Man some people just don't know $hit.

I do know yall got bounced in the first round by huffman and the way BOTH teams played neither will last long in the playoffs if we dont improve alot! Remember we have played deep for the last 3 years so we do know what it takes!!

wos fan1
09-06-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
WOS1....How close is Little Cypress-Mauriceville to WO-S? It's a 4A school, and if it's close---there must be lots of folks in your section of SE Texas---not trying to stir anything up---my interest is genuine just for my own info , but just how close are a lot of the High schools down there? Alot of them are close. Some just a few miles apart.

wos fan1
09-06-2005, 04:22 PM
I do know yall got bounced in the first round by huffman and the way BOTH teams played neither will last long in the playoffs if we dont improve alot! Remember we have played deep for the last 3 years so we do know what it takes!! This year's team is much better. I have said that alot of times dating back to January. This team has the potential to be as good as our 4A 2000 team.

89JDAWG
09-06-2005, 04:31 PM
This year's team is much better. I have said that alot of times dating back to January. This team has the potential to be as good as our 4A 2000 team.

That is what I was saying about jasper until the wos game both teams looked flat. Iknow Iknow it was the first game of the season, but still you expect a little more athletism from those two teams.

Hupernikomen
09-06-2005, 04:32 PM
Sorry WO-S fans I have to agree with the OC on this one...how you guys presume to know that he maliciously left off comments about WO-S in his post is beyond me. If he wanted to comment about WO-S he would have..Why make it a big deal because he chooses not to write up about the WO-S/Nederland game?

I mean I can see being mad if he says "WO-S and Nederland both stink and it just so happened Nederland stinks worse."

You guys need to take your feelings off your shoulders.

89JDAWG
09-06-2005, 04:40 PM
notice I said Kville was clean not good!!! Being crisp will win alot of games early in the season.

Bullaholic
09-06-2005, 04:42 PM
I see that ignoring you folks just will not work. If we comment in any way on WO-S football you attack; if we choose not to comment to try to keep peace on this board, you attack. It is a shame that grown men have so little going for them that they have to try to boost their egos vicariously based on the activities of HS youth playing football!
I certainly have nothing against the players and Coaches of the fine WO-S football team. I do think it is a tragedy that they have a few pompous wind-bags on 3A DL that continue to try to stir up controversy.

Old Card...I have no "dog" in this hunt. But, just to clear things up a bit----Do you think WO-S will make the playoffs this season? If so, how "deep" into the playoffs do you think they have a chance of going? Why, or why not? I am not trying to "bait" you or fool around--I genuinely want to know your opinion on this team aside from all of the negative comments.

wos fan1
09-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Sorry WO-S fans I have to agree with the OC on this one...how you guys presume to know that he maliciously left off comments about WO-S in his post is beyond me. If he wanted to comment about WO-S he would have..Why make it a big deal because he chooses not to write up about the WO-S/Nederland game?

I mean I can see being mad if he says WO-S and Nederland both stink and it just so happened Nederland stinks worse.

You guys need to take your feelings off your shoulders. That's your opinion. But your dead wrong on thinking nederland is weak. They will make the 4A playoffs again. he just hates WOS, simple as that. You would understand what i'm trying to say if you lived in this area, trust me!

Hupernikomen
09-06-2005, 04:48 PM
That's your opinion. But your dead wrong on thinking nederland is weak. They will make the 4A playoffs again. he just hates WOS, simple as that. You would understand what i'm trying to say if you lived in this area, trust me!

You need to reread what I said if you think I said Nederland is weak. I am a big Nederland fan and know that they are a formidable foe for anyone.

Put some quotations around my hypothetical OC saying, which he didn't say...ah nevermind.

wos fan1
09-06-2005, 04:50 PM
Oh i know, they are a very good 4A team, in fact alot of people pick them to win the 4A District here. They may beat 5A Beaumont West Brook this Friday. :)

Hupernikomen
09-06-2005, 04:51 PM
That's your opinion. But your dead wrong on thinking nederland is weak. They will make the 4A playoffs again. he just hates WOS, simple as that. You would understand what i'm trying to say if you lived in this area, trust me!

I have lived in Nederland for a few years and know what you are saying. I also know that he said nothing about WO-S and that is what ticked you guys off. It likes he is doomed either way he goes.

wos fan1
09-06-2005, 04:52 PM
You live there now?

Hupernikomen
09-06-2005, 04:52 PM
Oh i know, they are a very good 4A team, in fact alot of people pick them to win the 4A District here. They may beat 5A Beaumont West Brook this Friday. :)

That should be a good game. Coach Stump has those Bruins playing well. I think I would give the nod to WB. That QB they had move in is very good.

Hupernikomen
09-06-2005, 04:53 PM
You live there now?

No, been a long time ago.

wos fan1
09-06-2005, 04:53 PM
Where now??

GS#17
09-06-2005, 06:02 PM
Why make it a big deal because he chooses not to write up about the WO-S/Nederland game?

Huper, I don't think anyone was making a big deal about his post, but merely making an observation (I think he subsequently admitted he was ignoring WOS, though, which may lend some credence to the earlier points made by XMan and WOSFan1). He's the one that got very upset that two WOS posters said something about him not posting the WOS-NED score.... Either way, historically whatever OC writes is generally pretty silly, and this topic he started has taken a weird turn, for whatever reason. Time to focus on next week's games. :)

nexfan
09-06-2005, 06:11 PM
I wish Columbia could play West Orange Stark this year. We played them twice a couple of years ago when we were both 4a and they just killed us. Damn Kerry Franks. Now that Columbia has a good rep. and alot of talent, I think a game between us two would be quite exciting.

j_dog
09-06-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by GS#17
...., and this topic he started has taken a weird turn, for whatever reason. .... :)
Is that what they call "Thread piracy" ??? ;) :confused:

WOS92
09-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Franks is already making an impact at A&M - at least, he was last year. Maybe they should have used him Sunday night :P
He's been replaced by Kenneth Beasley as the resident superstar, but Beasley may very well be the best we've ever had.

etbu
09-06-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by nexfan
I wish Columbia could play West Orange Stark this year. We played them twice a couple of years ago when we were both 4a and they just killed us. Damn Kerry Franks. Now that Columbia has a good rep. and alot of talent, I think a game between us two would be quite exciting.

Better be careful what you wish for you may get it.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-06-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Is that what they call "Thread piracy" ??? ;) :confused:

yes a pirate cause this piracy to go a different direction;)

j_dog
09-06-2005, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by nexfan
Maybe you will get your wish. My thoughts from what I have heard and seen, this WOS team is a lot tougher than the 4a team that you say killed you. :thinking:

wos fan1
09-07-2005, 12:51 AM
We're getting there. We have the potential to be as good as we were back in 2000 on Defense. We're better on Offense now than back in 2000 when we were 4A. Jasper's damn good to.

Jody
09-07-2005, 07:02 AM
And so do you! :foul: :foul:

I know it......that is the difference.....:D

Jody-WOS Mustangs
State Finalist 1942, 43, 54, 67, 74, 78, 87
4-A Super-Dog Finalist 2001
3-A A$& Kicked by Huffman 2004

Part of that was uncalled for...lhpm

nexfan
09-07-2005, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by etbu
Better be careful what you wish for you may get it.

I would have bet my left you know what that someone would have said that.

WOS92
09-07-2005, 09:12 AM
At least Jody admits that he sucks :clap:

2futurecard'smom
09-07-2005, 09:16 AM
Yeah, he just can't STAND WOS, and the fact that BC gets handed other loss everytime they go up againt them. He just refuses to even discuss anything with WOS people. I bet IF Bridge City was ever able to weasel out a win against WOS, he would want to talk to every single one of us then! Just another example of the character of those people there. They can dish it, but can't take it.
I think you are very very simple minded by that statement. I for one am from Bridge City and would love to see us beat WOS, not for any reason other than they are a very good football team, always have been and I figure always will be, and I support my Cardinals as you support your home town. But for you to come on this board and down the character of people from BC, only shows your mentality. And just for your information, I root for WOS when they aren't playing us, and like to follow them and their players simply because I like good football. Maybe I should make a statement about all the WOS people being simple minded like you, but I have more class than that.

shellman54
09-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Jody, what did you do now? You're gonna get kicked off again, then you'll have to find a new screen name, like Jodyisdrivingadiesel, or Jodyisworkingonexnumber6, or JodylovesWOS!!! :D

WOS92
09-07-2005, 09:39 AM
Not to keep stuff stirred, but maybe you other BC folks missed OC's long-winded post explaining how Orange and WO-S were spiraling into decay, and how the school was "formed and molded in controversy." It kinda validates their points about him. It was so full of falsehoods, misinformation and outright lies. He described us as a district where "the coaches and teachers make megabucks and the name of the game and pride of existence is FOOTBALL." WO-S teachers make $24K. He goes on to insult our academics and fans. The guy is bitter, and that old post proves it.

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16833&highlight=controversy

2futurecard'smom
09-07-2005, 09:51 AM
He needs to direct his comments then to OC and not make a statement about Bridge City people. I can understand his deal with OC, but believe me, I have not heard all that stuff he posted from anyone around here..........so back to my point, not all people are of the same opinion as he seems to believe.

Jody
09-07-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by shellman54
Jody, what did you do now? You're gonna get kicked off again, then you'll have to find a new screen name, like Jodyisdrivingadiesel, or Jodyisworkingonexnumber6, or JodylovesWOS!!! :D

Not me this time. OC seems to have struck a nerve or something. Guess Orange is not a very happy place after that loss to Huffman in 05. :)

WOS92
09-07-2005, 10:10 AM
Oh, we're quite happy here :D

wos fan1
09-07-2005, 10:12 AM
No losing to Huffman this year buddy..:mad:

X Man
09-07-2005, 08:06 PM
To begin with, I made an observation based on Old Cardiac's history of either running WOS down, or refuseing to recognize us. Period. And while there are many good people in Bridge City, among a select group, there is a condensending attitude toward anyone not from Bridge City. I count several Bridge Citians, among my best friends, but they have nothing to do with High School football. If you will look back in this thread, you will find a post where I stated that "he's probably a pretty good guy". It's all just smack talk. BUT, there is a double handful of BC people that continually down WOS, and Old Cardiac is one of these.

2futurecardsmom, I'm sorry if this mud splashed on you. My great nephew is a future Card, and from the looks of it, will be a good one.

bulldogbark
09-07-2005, 08:43 PM
hold on let a Bulldog squeeze his way in here, just waiting for the right moment:)

X Man
09-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by shellman54

I got a better one! How about Jodysux!

setex
09-07-2005, 09:32 PM
I see Old Card like GWB, if go to the disaster it's a photo op, if I don't he's insenstive.

From an outsider WOS has more posters on message boards by far than any school in Texas. They have good reason, as their football history is umatched in the Southeast Texas.

WOS is for real this year. It may be a little early to crown them State Champion, since we are only 2 games into the season.

From the boards this team could be as good as their last team to win a playoff game which was in 2000. That year they played for the crown and lost to a great Ennis team.

wos fan1
09-07-2005, 09:34 PM
Thanks setex...:)

X Man
09-07-2005, 09:40 PM
I would never go so far as to declare WOS the state champs at this point in time, but I will say they are very good. Time will tell what happens.

What is it they say?............On any given Friday night?????

bulldogbark
09-07-2005, 10:43 PM
exspecialy if we end up going D1,,,,that will be another worm burner:)

j_dog
09-07-2005, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by bulldogbark
exspecialy if we end up going D1,,,,that will be another worm burner:)
It is not going to happen. Silsbee will get its act together by district time. Too much talent in Tiger town to sit out the playoffs.

Jody
09-08-2005, 06:43 AM
I got a better one! How about Jodysux!

I like that one.....hahaha. Guess I need a shirt now?

Jody
09-08-2005, 06:44 AM
No losing to Huffman this year buddy..:mad:

Your right about that. WOS has to get to the playoffs to see Huffman......we ALL know that is not going to happen......:D

Supertilley
09-08-2005, 08:49 AM
Your right about that. WOS has to get to the playoffs to see Huffman......we ALL know that is not going to happen......:D

Jody, you guys in B-H need to stick to what y'all know best. One-Act play. Leave the football to the big boys.

But if you get Travis Poe to coach your team you might have a chance.

2futurecard'smom
09-08-2005, 09:09 AM
I get your point Xman. And maybe your nephew and my son will be teammates for the Cards!

Jody
09-08-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Supertilley
Jody, you guys in B-H need to stick to what y'all know best. One-Act play. Leave the football to the big boys.

HAHAHA I like that. :clap:

Way I see it if our oponent was WOS, he would do just fine.

I wouldn't talk a whole lot about coaches now, after all, the WOS coach is from Barbers Hill. Possibly why he knows not to put us on his schedule. He may end up like Billy Wagner......SPANKED!

By the way, as one fo the fine Neck (West Columbia) fans suggested, you should play them too. That is if your following can navigate off of I-10 and 69/96 North. Maybe not in East Orange, but you know they do have GPS now....right?

GO HUFFMAN!

BIGREDFAN2
09-08-2005, 09:46 AM
2futurecards check your pms

RBARKER
09-08-2005, 10:19 AM
HAHAHA I like that. :clap:

Way I see it if our oponent was WOS, he would do just fine.

I wouldn't talk a whole lot about coaches now, after all, the WOS coach is from Barbers Hill. Possibly why he knows not to put us on his schedule. He may end up like Billy Wagner......SPANKED!

By the way, as one fo the fine Neck (West Columbia) fans suggested, you should play them too. That is if your following can navigate off of I-10 and 69/96 North. Maybe not in East Orange, but you know they do have GPS now....right?

GO HUFFMAN!

:D :D :D :clap:

cowboyfan8
09-08-2005, 10:56 AM
Game of the week: HJ vs. Silsbee

wos fan1
09-08-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by RBARKER
:D :D :D :clap: I see that's all you BH people have to do is talk bad about WOS. Keep on. I understand why you don't like WOS..Your Jealous of our past, but you know what? Get used to it because we're heading that way again. :mad:

RBARKER
09-08-2005, 11:30 AM
I see that's all you BH people have to do is talk bad about WOS. Keep on. I understand why you don't like WOS..Your Jealous of our past, but you know what? Get used to it because we're heading that way again. :mad:

YYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNN:o

Supertilley
09-08-2005, 11:55 AM
YYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNN:o

Yeah, thats what I think about barbers hill. A High Island game would be more interesting!

shellman54
09-08-2005, 12:04 PM
*cough* SARCASM *cough*

eagle.eyes
09-08-2005, 12:29 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see that's all you BH people have to do is talk bad about WOS. Keep on. I understand why you don't like WOS..Your Jealous of our past, but you know what? Get used to it because we're heading that way again.

OK first of all:
1. People from BH don't hate WOS, they're just yanking yall's chains. It's what most call a JOKE. They do this because the majority of you, not all, can't take it but want to dish it out. You get soooo defensive over nothing because no one gets down on their knees and says "WOS, I have nothing but respect for you!"

2. Jealous of the past? That's why it's called the past. You have 2 football rings, we have 2. BUT, we also have 3 in BB, 2 in track, numerous others in FFA, 1 act play, etc. Regardless, that was then, this is now.

3. "Get used to it because we're heading that way again." A lot of yall were talking that smack a year ago about dropping down from 4A to 3A and getting another ring because it happened when yall dropped down to 4A. If you go back to my posts a year ago, you'll see I posted something about it wouldn't happen because there's always an Atlanta type team nobody sees coming until they get T-Boned. That same remark still stands this year.

In conclusion, lighten up WOS posters, because the more you get bent out of shape and gang tackle other posters, the more BS people like Jody will send your way. He's probably still laughing after the last response he got from yall. You feel you have the talent to go all the way this year, just as BH posters feel the same. Same goes for Cuero, Marlin, Jasper, & about 15 others. If you're holding the trophy at the end of the year, I'll be the first to come here & give my respect to the players and community. You definitely have championship coaches. Good luck!

BlueBlood
09-08-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Supertilley

So Supertilley has finally come out of the closet. You wearing a skirt to the game Friday?

GS#17
09-08-2005, 12:43 PM
I appreciate your insight, but let me give you a little of my perspective if you don't mind.

1) I don't care what anyone from BH thinks about WOS, because I know what I think about them. I'm comfortable with my appreciation for WOS football -- their past as well as their potential -- and I don't really need someone to reinforce my feelings. I'm pretty sure most other fans feel as I do, but if not, that's their issue and I appreciate you not lumping everyone into one group.

2) It's awfully presumptuous for anyone to say why people react the way they do. Personally, I think Jody and some other people are idiots, not because they have nothing nice to say about WOS, but because they waste their time spewing off stupid things just for the thrill of being an agitator. That says more about their poor character than anything they write. I come to these boards, as several other people do, to discuss football with other fans. What they do is take every opportunity to be assinine. I do my best to ignore them, but it does get old when you want to read something you're interested in and all you see is post after post saying, "You suck" and other not-so-nice things.

3) A lot of the "smack" being talked about WOS last year was from fans from other schools. It's a fact that WOS fans don't make the state ratings; they have nothing to do with what other people think or say; and they have no more or less claim to be able to make a personal prediction of what their season will be than any other fan. For anyone to be upset about the pride a fan has or what a fan says about his or her favorite team is ignorant.

RBARKER
09-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by GS#17
I appreciate your insight, but let me give you a little of my perspective if you don't mind.

1) I don't care what anyone from BH thinks about WOS, because I know what I think about them. I'm comfortable with my appreciation for WOS football -- their past as well as their potential -- and I don't really need someone to reinforce my feelings. I'm pretty sure most other fans feel as I do, but if not, that's their issue and I appreciate you not lumping everyone into one group.

2) It's awfully presumptuous for anyone to say why people react the way they do. Personally, I think Jody and some other people are idiots, not because they have nothing nice to say about WOS, but because they waste their time spewing off stupid things just for the thrill of being an agitator. That says more about their poor character than anything they write. I come to these boards, as several other people do, to discuss football with other fans. What they do is take every opportunity to be assinine. I do my best to ignore them, but it does get old when you want to read something you're interested in and all you see is post after post saying, "You suck" and other not-so-nice things.

3) A lot of the "smack" being talked about WOS last year was from fans from other schools. It's a fact that WOS fans don't make the state ratings; they have nothing to do with what other people think or say; and they have no more or less claim to be able to make a personal prediction of what their season will be than any other fan. For anyone to be upset about the pride a fan has or what a fan says about his or her favorite team is ignorant.

"I don't care what anyone from BH thinks about WOS"
If you don't care then why post a reply?

"Personally, I think Jody and some other people are idiots,"
Thats not nice, I'm taking you off of my Christmas mailing list.

"A lot of the "smack" being talked about WOS last year was from fans from other schools"
And alot was from WOS posters, WOS made this bed now some not all should lay in it.

Guys seriously Jody and I are just messing around don't get your feelings hurt its just a game. Jody gives Jasper hell to and last year we went to a Jasper game and meet a lot of the Jasper posters. They like I'm sure most of you are a class act.

j_dog
09-08-2005, 02:16 PM
[.....Guys seriously Jody and I are just messing around don't get your feelings hurt its just a game. Jody gives Jasper hell to and last year we went to a Jasper game and meet a lot of the Jasper posters. They like I'm sure most of you are a class act. [/B]
Yeah, in person Jody is rather harmless. Kind of nice actually. He even rode to the state game with Hup and me. Now I am not sure of Barker though. :D Nah, just kidding. He is nice too. :)

wos fan1
09-08-2005, 02:33 PM
Let's just get along and enjoy the season and talk football..:smoker:

Hupernikomen
Yeah, in person Jody is rather harmless. Kind of nice actually. He even rode to the state game with Hup and me. Now I am not sure of Barker though. :D Nah, just kidding. He is nice too. :)

Heck he even buys T-Shirts for the opponents of BH just to show his good sportsmanship!!:D

Supertilley
Originally posted by BlueBlood
So Supertilley has finally come out of the closet. You wearing a skirt to the game Friday?

Now your attacking my character.....little man.....

But anyways, i lettered 4 years in oap, football, track, band, basketball, uil speaking, tennis and golf. I don't see how that makes me a cross dresser.

As for friday I don't have a game. WO-S plays on saturday. Maybe B-H could play on saturday but first you have to schedule a long distance power house to do that.

j_dog
09-08-2005, 03:55 PM
Heck he even buys T-Shirts for the opponents of BH just to show his good sportsmanship!!:D
Yeah, but only because he lost a bet! :D :D :D

Hupernikomen
09-08-2005, 04:08 PM
Yeah, but only because he lost a bet! :D :D :D

Biggest dern shirt in my closet. Can't wait till BH and Jasper meet up in the playoffs this year gonna have to doctor that shirt up for sure.

j_dog
09-08-2005, 04:44 PM
Biggest dern shirt in my closet. Can't wait till BH and Jasper meet up in the playoffs this year gonna have to doctor that shirt up for sure.
I sure hope BH doesn't chicken out and go big school. ;) I am looking forward to the possibility of that game! :)

Jody
09-09-2005, 07:26 AM
"Idiot", that's not so bad. I can live with that.

I signed up for the WOS board yesterday and boy what a treat. There were 22 post and 16 were "Why I am so Good", or "WOS History for Past 2046 Years".

Now as for character, Take a look at the WOS Forum Thread called "LOL, I Got Banned From Vidor Football". Looks like a LOT of class went into that exchange with the Vidor Pirates Board Administrator. Sure is funny how the same screen names in that thread show up here.

Bottom line, I love high school football, almost as much as talking smack to WOS. It's not personal, your just an easy target. If WOS goes to the state championship and plays anyone outside out region, then I will root for them, won't tell anyone, but I will root for them.

Thank you and in closing, WOS sucks.