PDA

View Full Version : Canton 34 Grand Saline 7

DragonEagle01
09-02-2005, 10:56 PM
Kinne looked good for the Eagles. On the opening drive he went 4-4 for 41 yards. Made a couple of mistakes, but overall looked very confident. Wide receivers Jonathan Ellis and Houston Tuminello looked very impressive for Canton. Running back Barlow Reid looked good but could have been run a little more. For Grand Saline, Corey Fowler looked good running the ball.

Scoring Stats:

Canton-Kinne 5 yard TD pass to Tuminello with 8:03 left in first. Extra point good by McCartey.

Canton-Kinne 32 yard TD pass to Ellis with 10:02 left in the half. Extra point good.

Canton-Kinne 36 yard TD pass to Ellis with 3:45 left in half. Extra point good.

Canton-Kinne 94 yard drive topped with Kinne's 18-yard TD pass to Ellis with 1:00 minute left in half. (Kick good)

Canton-Kinne 5 yard TD pass to Tuminello with 11:12 left in the game. (Kick failed)

Grand Saline-Fowler 17 yard TD run. (Kick good) 5:32 left in game

Canton defense had 4 takeaways (3 interceptions and one fumble recovery) and two sacks.

Great job Eagles.

sinton66
09-02-2005, 11:02 PM
Congrats Eagles.

FootballChik98
09-02-2005, 11:06 PM
Great game for the Eagles. At halftime, Coach Kinne was awarded with a Baylor Legends award by his former coach, former assistant coach, and former teammate at Baylor University. I'm just amazed at the progress that he's made, and I'm glad to see him back on the sidelines this season!

hoosierdaddy
09-04-2005, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the update Footballchik98!! I was just wondering the other day how Coach Kinne was doing. Glad to hear things are going well for Kinne and the Eagles, I was up there for the 98 playoff appearance by the team and a few rough years that followed. Sounds like Grand Saline is not the powerhouse program of years past!!