PDA

View Full Version : Jasper wins, 41-32

j_dog
09-02-2005, 10:47 PM
Jasper wins, 41-32 over 4a PNG.

Hupernikomen
09-03-2005, 01:01 AM
well j_dog and other dog fans I made this game. Jasper has a lot of improving to do. I can't figure out why Jasper is so one-dimensional with the running game at this point. I think we are playing with fire using almost exclusively a one back set and running Moye 30+ times a game (or at least it seemed like it). The poor kid was exhausted. Seemed everytime we gave the ball to Bronson or Hunt they ran for big yards. Why are the coaches waiting to put in the three back set? It was our most effective running attack last year. Not like it is a secret anymore anyways. The passes game is much improved over last year. Moye spread the ball around a bit better tonight. Defense played a good game for the most part. Gave up two late TD to make this game closer than it actually was. PNG had a hard time stopping Jasper, who I felt like should have scored quite a bit more than 41 points. But all in all beating PNG is a good win for the dogs. If they keep improving each week I like our chances in district :)

GS#17
09-03-2005, 01:28 AM
Great job, Dogs!

systemofaflamer
09-03-2005, 03:19 AM
hey i was just wondering how moye played in tonight's game. i heard that last weeks game he didn't play to his potential was just checkin on that one too. thanks a lot.

Hupernikomen
09-03-2005, 09:38 AM
Moye played well enough. I think Jasper is way over using him at this point. He threw the ball very well. I think the timing on his passes are just a slight bit off. He is finding his receiver a second too late, but they are still catching the ball. He ran the ball up the gut a lot which is a lot of grind on him. Don't know his stats but I would imagine they are fairly impressive.

PappaBear
09-04-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
well j_dog and other dog fans I made this game. Jasper has a lot of improving to do. I can't figure out why Jasper is so one-dimensional with the running game at this point. I think we are playing with fire using almost exclusively a one back set and running Moye 30+ times a game (or at least it seemed like it). The poor kid was exhausted. Seemed everytime we gave the ball to Bronson or Hunt they ran for big yards. Why are the coaches waiting to put in the three back set? It was our most effective running attack last year. Not like it is a secret anymore anyways. The passes game is much improved over last year. Moye spread the ball around a bit better tonight. Defense played a good game for the most part. Gave up two late TD to make this game closer than it actually was. PNG had a hard time stopping Jasper, who I felt like should have scored quite a bit more than 41 points. But all in all beating PNG is a good win for the dogs. If they keep improving each week I like our chances in district :)

The only disadvantage to going with the split backs look is it brings anouther defender in the box. In the spread offense you want you oponent spread out as much as possible. Im sure they will go with anouther running back when it's called for. As far a using moye too much, half the time he is reading the defense when he choses to keep the ball, but on the stuff up the middle he has to keep it with one RB so he will have a lead blocker.

Hupernikomen
09-04-2005, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by PappaBear
The only disadvantage to going with the split backs look is it brings anouther defender in the box. In the spread offense you want you oponent spread out as much as possible. Im sure they will go with anouther running back when it's called for. As far a using moye too much, half the time he is reading the defense when he choses to keep the ball, but on the stuff up the middle he has to keep it with one RB so he will have a lead blocker.

I just hope we continue to use more our weapons and not wear this one out!