PDA

View Full Version : Burnet 63-Liberty Hill 34 FINAL!!!

Chris Hart
09-02-2005, 10:40 PM
DAWG offense was unstoppable tonight! Way to go DAWGS!!!:)

Bandera YaYa
09-02-2005, 10:41 PM
NO WAY!!!! Wow?????????? :eek: :eek:

ILS1
09-02-2005, 10:43 PM
I'm in TOTAL shock!!! WOW!! This wasn't the same Burnet team I saw last week!!! Congrats to the Bulldogs!!

:eek:

Pmoney
09-02-2005, 10:43 PM
wow:eek:

Chris Hart
09-02-2005, 11:14 PM
LHPanther Mom, #55, LH Mom and purplenails, it was great to meet some of you, and see some others again! BTW #44 and #7 played their hearts out tonight...

SintonFan_inAustin
09-02-2005, 11:17 PM
Wow Chris is this the same team u saw last week or was last weeks oppenant that good.

Chris Hart
09-02-2005, 11:24 PM
A little of both. We were flat last week, but Taylor matched up with us real well. The LH offense is still something special, I still can't tell who has the ball half the time. Our offense was just really clicking all night tonight, they had the Panther defense on their heels from the first snap. If I were a future opponent of the Panthers, I wouldn't overlook them because of this game.

LH Panther Mom
09-02-2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
A little of both. We were flat last week, but Taylor matched up with us real well. The LH offense is still something special, I still can't tell who has the ball half the time. Our offense was just really clicking all night tonight, they had the Panther defense on their heels from the first snap. If I were a future opponent of the Panthers, I wouldn't overlook them because of this game.

Thanks Chris! I sure felt bad for our guys that were playing both ways most of the second half, but it looked like they were happy to be out there.

It was good to see you, ODG and espn1 again.

marlin fan
09-02-2005, 11:38 PM
LHPanther Mom, #55, LH Mom and purplenails, it was great to meet some of you, and see some others again! BTW #44 and #7 played their hearts out tonight... What about me!!

Chris Hart
09-02-2005, 11:40 PM
LOL, I left you out for a reason traitor!!! jk. It was great to finally meet you too B, I've only been talking to you for 4 years now,lol. I tried to tell you, you were sitting on the wrong side.:)

marlin fan
09-02-2005, 11:43 PM
LOL, I left you out for a reason traitor!!! jk. It was great to finally meet you too B, I've only been talking to you for 4 years now,lol. I tried to tell you, you were sitting on the wrong side.:) lol it doesnt matter which side i was on lol i didnt care for either team!!! but it was a very good game!!!

Chris Hart
09-02-2005, 11:49 PM
Just ribbin you B. You are exactly what I expected you to be like in person. I'll tell all the downlow now, if all kids were like Byron, this world would be a better place. I was impressed with the way you handle yourself, and your manners. Young man, you will go far....

Diocletian
09-02-2005, 11:58 PM
I feel it for LH fans........I've been there....I was in the same dist as Burnet for my entire 4 years, getting beat like that is a regular occurance......allways wondered how they get all those great players..........Till i delivered Ice throughout all of Buchannan...prob the most Beautiful place i've ever seen in the world...who wouldn't want to live there?

Matthew328
09-02-2005, 11:59 PM
If I am a LH fan I am really concerned about the defense

marlin fan
09-03-2005, 12:02 AM
Just ribbin you B. You are exactly what I expected you to be like in person. I'll tell all the downlow now, if all kids were like Byron, this world would be a better place. I was impressed with the way you handle yourself, and your manners. Young man, you will go far.... :D ty!!

LH Panther Mom
09-03-2005, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
If I am a LH fan I am really concerned about the defense

Burnet's had our number for years. Even the year they were 1-9, they beat us. I did see a few concerns, but also some definite improvement over last week's game in several areas. They'll be fine. ;)

ro_tex_solja
09-03-2005, 12:08 AM
i think im one of the few that had burnet in this one...i feel really good about my pick and i still stand with my statement about liberty hill being highly over rated this year

marlin fan
09-03-2005, 12:08 AM
yall need to get some passing game thats one thing i didnt see alot of tonight!!! yall will most def. need that if yall are gonna make it!!!

LH Panther Mom
09-03-2005, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja
i think im one of the few that had burnet in this one...i feel really good about my pick and i still stand with my statement about liberty hill being highly over rated this year

You're entitled to your opinion. Until you've been on the field with either us or Burnet, keep on thinking it. :)

hutex04
09-03-2005, 12:30 AM
Yall have had Huttos # for 6 yrs, im hoping this is the year we can finally beat Liberty Hill.

ro_tex_solja
09-03-2005, 12:32 AM
your right, i am entitled to any kind of opinion i want and so far im right......but remember i picked burnet so i guess i had the right opinion on that one

SintonFan_inAustin
09-03-2005, 12:34 AM
yes that was ur blue light special:D

purplenails
09-03-2005, 12:47 AM
enough of the feel sorry. we got our a$$kicked! we can and should improve!

olddawggreen
09-03-2005, 08:44 AM
ODG pregame prediction;

BURNET BY 2 TOUCHDOWNS

Well, I guess I missed my prediction by about 2 touchdowns:( , but the game played out pretty much the way I thought it would. It was a very high scoring game. Unfortuantly for you, amoung other things, Liberty Hill was plagued by penalties and turnovers which Burnet was able to capitalize on. After a hard week of working out their problems Burnet was finally clicking.

Liberty Hill, Burnet had their wake up call last week in Taylor, Liberty Hill had theirs last night. Early season wake up calls can be a very good thing for a team. Shake it off, work hard and lets get on to the task ahead. Your team is loaded with talent and the best thing that can happen to you right now is for your furture opponent's to think you've lost it. Well. you haven't. Make your adjustments and play your games one at a time. Don't try to win the game before it's played. I predict that your guys will pull it together and do fine. I look forward to following you through the playoffs again this year!

LH PantherMom, LH Mom, and Purplenails, as always, it was great to see you, Marlin Fan, it was a pleasure to meet you, good luck to your Dogs this year too.

See you in the playoffs! :) :)

olddawggreen
09-03-2005, 09:14 AM
Purplenails, I would be willing to bet that you, LHPantherMom and LHmom were still in the stands when the game was over, unlike about 75% of you "fair weather fans" that started leaving in the 3rd quarter. This is one thing that really pi$$ed me off three years ago, when Burnet played and beat an undefeted Panther team in your own stadium and large numbers of your fans started leaving early in the 2nd half. Then, as last night, your guys deserve much more from their fans than that. I realy felt for your guys last night when they faced your stands after the game for the school song and there were'nt but about 10% of their fans left. Its not like the ones that left had a long way to go to get home. :mad: :mad:

Sorry, I don't mean to upset any of you loyal fans, but when you have a group of boys that play their hearts out the way your guys do, they deserve a whole lot beter than that from their fans, win or lose. Good luck to your guys, I hope to follow you (and support your guys) through the playoffs again this year!:)

LH Panther Mom
09-03-2005, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
:mad: :mad: but when you have a group of boys that play their hearts out the way your guys do, they deserve a whole lot beter than that from their fans, win or lose.

I'm right there with you on that. It is very disconcerting and 3 years ago I wanted to cry as much over that as I did over my Sr.'s loss.

Bandera YaYa
09-03-2005, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Purplenails, I would be willing to bet that you, LHPantherMom and LHmom were still in the stands when the game was over, unlike about 75% of you "fair weather fans" that started leaving in the 3rd quarter. This is one thing that really pi$$ed me off three years ago, when Burnet played and beat an undefeted Panther team in your own stadium and large numbers of your fans started leaving early in the 2nd half. Then, as last night, your guys deserve much more from their fans than that. I realy felt for your guys last night when they faced your stands after the game for the school song and there were'nt but about 10% of their fans left. Its not like the ones that left had a long way to go to get home. :mad: :mad:

Sorry, I don't mean to upset any of you loyal fans, but when you have a group of boys that play their hearts out the way your guys do, they deserve a whole lot beter than that from their fans, win or lose. Good luck to your guys, I hope to follow you (and support your guys) through the playoffs again this year!:) I can't believe those fans do that......shame shame on them....... :mad: :mad:

Matthew328
09-03-2005, 11:48 AM
Liberty Hill is going to have to do a better job on defense to make noise in the playoffs......last year they at least were able to slow teams down.....

I know Burnet is good on offense but giving up 63 has to be a major concern....we all know LH can score with the best of em but come playoff time teams that can stop other teams typically make the most impact

LHMom
09-03-2005, 03:11 PM
Olddawggreen, Chris Hart, Marlin Fan & others - It was a pleasure to meet you all. I second the comments about what a fine young man you are Byron! We appreciate your support of LH for the remainder of the season.

To those LH fans (if you deserve to be called a fan) that left early - shame on every one of you. These are high school kids that deserve our loyalty no matter the outcome of every game. We were only 20 miles from home for God's sake. What's the rush? And believe you me, those boys out there know who stays till the end.

As far as the game goes, I agree with PurpleNails. As much as it hurts, we just got beat. Burnet bounced back well following their loss to Taylor. LH defense has got to improve, and they will. With the senior/subs in there they looked much better and LH matched score for score with Burnet in the second half, amid numerous turnovers and penalties. A good test for the Panthers physically, and to overcome mentally. And they will.

marlin fan
09-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Thanks gusy hehehe. I Had fun!! it was Nice to meet yall and put a face with the name... lol i did get kinda scared for a little while lol people from both teams were givin me Dirty looks as i walked into the stadium with my MALRIN BULLDOG SHIRT on!!!

purplenails
09-04-2005, 01:48 PM
It was nice to put a face to some names. There were a few of us that were there when they opened the gates and we were the few that were still there standing tall when our sons were standing on the field facing the almost empty bleachers. I don't know why the crowd left, but for the few true believers we stayed until the field was empty and we will always be there beginning to end for our sons who play with pride and honor. Yes, a few did play the last 2 quarters both ways and they would have gladly played 4 both ways. It says alot about the boys that did. Seniors, you stepped up, now stay and make it happen. The game outcome is up to each of you. Refuse to lower your standards. Bring the rest of the team to your higher level of playing. DON'T BACK DOWN.