PDA

View Full Version : Katrina Refugees

BullFrog Dad
09-02-2005, 02:06 PM
There have been somes posts expressing concern whether or not the hurricane victims moving to Texas are athletes. Even if they are I would guess that is the least of their concerns right now. Can you imagine the mental duress these poor folks are going through? Let's worry about them getting through this tradegy and leave the football move-ins out of it.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-02-2005, 02:13 PM
i know this state prides itself in being football country, but can we worry about getting these people (not refugees<--that makes it sound like they not americans) a place to live and getting them back into workplace so they can make there own decisions of where they want to live.

Bullaholic
09-02-2005, 02:22 PM
Well said, BFDad. I've got several sets of my wife's NO relatives at my house right now. I would just like to express my family's gratitude to the great, caring people of Bridgeport, TX who have sent food, called, offered money, or simply asked how they could help---and there have been many. I knew this was a great town with great people, but you really don't know the extent of their goodness until your family is affected, unfortunately, by something like this disaster. I sure hope none of you are ever touched by disaster, but if you are, I hope the people of your town are as compassionate as my friends and neighbors in Bridgeport.