PDA

View Full Version : 04 Cuero Gobblers vs. 02 Bandera Bulldogs

schu1213
09-02-2005, 01:15 PM
Ok. I know that one of the hardest things to do is to compare to teams from two different years but i have to ask this question. Me and a guy I know from Bandera got into a huge arguement because he said that their state championship team(i think it was 02 but im not sure) could not only be our team(04 Cuero Gobblers) but kill them by at least thirty. Now I dont know anything about their team but im sure they were very good so i said im not gonna say we would have beat yall or yall would have beat us. But i know that they would not have beat us by thirty. I was just wondering what yall thought about this one. I need some input so i can continue the debate with him.

ro_tex_solja
09-02-2005, 01:16 PM
schu was that when they had some big cold runningback right????i think i remembered listenin to it on the radio.....did they play yoakum that year in the playoffs?

vet93
09-02-2005, 01:19 PM
The older that you get....the better that your team gets....in your mind. Sounds like your friend feels like that his team was a legend in his OWN mind. Certainly the Bandera team could possibly win a matchup with the 04 gobblers.....but kill them by 30 points is a huge stretch. Bandera that year had a great run....but they were not dominating in the playoffs. They won multiple close games, including the championship game. And we are not even going to talk about the regular season (injuries or no injuries).

Ranger Mom
09-02-2005, 01:21 PM
Okay.....we played Bandera in State Championship, so I have first hand knowledge of that team.

IMO, neither one would run over the other one.

Bandera and Greenwood were pretty evenly matched that year....and I think the 2002 Greenwood team could have held their own with Cuero!

3afan
09-02-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by vet93
The older that you get....the better that your team gets....in your mind. ......

you could have stopped right there ... such comparisons are silly

schu1213
09-02-2005, 01:25 PM
I agree they are silly becaues its pretty much imposible. But it just made me mad when he said they would have "killed us". Not only did he say that but he said that our 10 state championship apperances was not that great of a accomplishment because we have only won 3 of them. Now that is just a joke.

ro_tex_solja
09-02-2005, 01:29 PM
hey schu did they play yoakum in the playoffs that year or no?? i just remember listening to something on the radio.......i think i remember that bandera had a big cold running back...ask him

Ranger Mom
09-02-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja
hey schu did they play yoakum in the playoffs that year or no?? i just remember listening to something on the radio.......i think i remember that bandera had a big cold running back...ask him

His name was Justin or Dustin Heap...or something like that.

I just remember seeing the sign across the field that said "Heap of trouble"...and boy, were they right!!

ro_tex_solja
09-02-2005, 01:57 PM
yeah that name rings a bell now.....yeah i remember hearing his name all the time he was really good...didnt they beat yoakum in the playoffs that year when they had randy boone cuz i think i listened to that game on the radio

Phil C
09-02-2005, 02:23 PM
None of them will ever meet on the field so all this is just meaningless opinions but I don't think Bandera in 02 could have beat the Everman team of 02 who won the Division 1 State Championship. And I think the Cuero team of 04 could have beat Everman of 02 but it would have been a very close game. If Cuero in 04 had Cooper then it would definately be Cuero.

HighSchool Fan
09-02-2005, 02:26 PM
i might as well throw my hat in the ring, gainesville of 03 would of beat them all by 60 :D :p just kidding. this is all silly because we will never find out.

Jody
09-02-2005, 02:46 PM
Having carefully reviewed all the team statistics for all these games, WOS still sucks in my book......:D

vet93
09-02-2005, 02:51 PM
I thought that you were going to blame President Bush there for a minute...it seems that everything else is his fault (if you listen to the democrats and media)!

Originally posted by Jody
Having carefully reviewed all the team statistics for all these games, WOS still sucks in my book......:D

SintonFan_inAustin
09-02-2005, 02:57 PM
give me names and stats and ill enter it in my Madden Game and let them play and give u the results lol:D :nerd:

scrub c
09-02-2005, 03:53 PM
oh yeah,

well I think the 87 WOS team would have whipped em all! :D

Bandera YaYa
09-02-2005, 11:03 PM
LOL I didn't even see this thread......RM was right...his name was Dustin Heep....we called him The Horse...I'm sure some of you remember him plowing his way down field, with 3-4 opponents hanging onto his legs......as to the arguement at hand......I never saw that Cuero team play so i don't know...but i do know this....it was our year....it was our destiny to win because everything was against us...including us barely even making it to the playoffs to begin with...alot of our games were too close for my comfort and even the State game could have gone either way....it was just simply meant to be....I can't explain it in any other words.

I wonder if I know your friend from Bandera....?????? :thinking: :D

Gobbla2001
09-03-2005, 12:16 AM
I got to see the '02 Bandera team play... they had an awesome passing threat and decent running, but their defense was good as well... special teams was good etc...

Tough call, but I'll give it to Bandera so I'm not a homer...

JettJenkins04
09-03-2005, 12:34 AM
I played them in the second round of the playoffs and I remember walking on the field and thinking that we were going to murder them guys. Right out the gates the QB Hicks tru a 55yd td pass to Jennings. He was a great qb and Jennings was a decent WR/ and awsome Kicker. Heap was in a league of his own, He had size speed and could run over anything in his way. D-fense was average but everyone swarmed to the ball. The played together as a team and would never give up for anybody. They overcame alot of obstacles that season but at the end they pulled it off. Never got a chance to see Cuero play because I live in AZ now but I seen them in 03 when the played Wharton. That was a great game. Seems like that qb could move. But all and all, if Bandera and Cuero would of played, It probably would have been a shoot out like the PI and Rice CISD game. Both teams had high powered O but average D. Would have came down on who could have made the last play.

Ranger05
09-03-2005, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by JettJenkins04
I played them in the second round of the playoffs and I remember walking on the field and thinking that we were going to murder them guys. Right out the gates the QB Hicks tru a 55yd td pass to Jennings. He was a great qb and Jennings was a decent WR/ and awsome Kicker. Heap was in a league of his own, He had size speed and could run over anything in his way. D-fense was average but everyone swarmed to the ball. The played together as a team and would never give up for anybody. They overcame alot of obstacles that season but at the end they pulled it off. Never got a chance to see Cuero play because I live in AZ now but I seen them in 03 when the played Wharton. That was a great game. Seems like that qb could move. But all and all, if Bandera and Cuero would of played, It probably would have been a shoot out like the PI and Rice CISD game. Both teams had high powered O but average D. Would have came down on who could have made the last play. I remember thinking the same thing at the state championship game