PDA

View Full Version : Region 1 game of the week

wildstangs
10-12-2003, 09:37 PM
What is the biggest game in the Region this week?

wildstangs
10-12-2003, 09:38 PM
Snyder and Merkel has huge playoff implications for 3-3A.

vet93
10-13-2003, 11:44 AM
I agree...Snyder/Merkel is huge. I am leaning towards the Badgers right now. Also, the Ballinger/Clyde game has far reaching playoff implications. The winner of that game will likely only have to win two more games to make the playoffs and possibly just one more depending on how things play out.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-13-2003, 01:18 PM
Iowa Park and Childress should also be a huge game. I'll go out on a limb and take Childress for the upset.

pero chato
10-13-2003, 01:35 PM
A win for Merkel I think would get them over the proverbial hump, and get them positioned for a playoff spot. Vet, who would have thought the Ballinger/Clyde game would be so big? I will tell you that this Clyde team is not the same as it was in the beginning of the year. They put in a fullback (interestingly #44) whose style of running reminds me of Posey. Not as fast, but has the ability to run over people. Apparently, he didn't play that position until the Wylie game. Maybe some Clyde posters can fill us in. With that said, I think the biggest game in this area is the Ballinger/Clyde game. I'll give the edge to Ballinger, but if Clyde plays with the same intensity as they did against Wylie, it could go the other way.

ClydeFan
10-13-2003, 04:29 PM
Pero Chato, #44 played fullback last year, but this year the spread offense (for the most part) was used in all of the first games so he didn't see that much action. A lot obviously changed in those 2 weeks since the Eastland game! I agree, if they keep the same intensity then the game against Ballinger will be a close one... I know I'm looking forward to seeing it.

CatWoman
10-13-2003, 04:44 PM
Ballinger/Clyde game should be a doozy(sp?) I'll have to admit, I was glad to see Clyde beat Wylie. Last time I remember any hype about a Clyde and Ballinger game was, I believe, 1989. We played in Clyde and it was pouring down rain. Anybody else rember this? I'm looking forward to the matchup this Friday.

Wtx_coach
10-13-2003, 07:05 PM
I would say Kermit vs. Greenwood- we will see how Greenwood reacts to losing a district game to Monahans who was supposed to be down to most of you posters, Kermit is a decent team even though Pecos had the game in their hand all night, but hey you cant win when you have 6 turnovers and 2 in the red zone, I will take Greenwood by 10 but you cant under estimate Kermit or else the state will be shocked and greenwood will be 0-2!!

Wtx_coach
10-13-2003, 11:58 PM
nm