PDA

View Full Version : Ab. Wylie JV 18 Mid. Greenwood JV 13

GWOOD
09-02-2005, 01:05 AM
Greenwood Freshmen struggled tonight and lost 34-0 to Wylie Freshmen

injuredinmelee
09-02-2005, 06:33 AM
how did you like the big freshman running back?

vet93
09-02-2005, 09:09 AM
Saw the JV game. Both teams played fairly well. Wylie had multiple turnovers. They moved the ball much more consistently but were susceptible to the long ball on defense. Wylie had some decent size and one running back who was pretty quick. Greenwood had a couple of injuries...hopefully the kids are o.k.

Black & Gold
09-02-2005, 09:47 AM
I saw Wylie's 8th graders last year. He would be a freshman this year I suppose. Do they still have the back that will blow the doors off a defense. When we played them last year, we couldn't catch him.

Black_Magic
09-02-2005, 10:19 AM
Greenwood had a really good 8th grade running back last year if im not mistaken.. did he play or is he on the varsity.

GWOOD
09-02-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
how did you like the big freshman running back?

I didn't get there in time to see the game. I heard several of the parents talking about him. He made quite an impression.

GWOOD
09-02-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Greenwood had a really good 8th grade running back last year if im not mistaken.. did he play or is he on the varsity.

There are no freshmen on the varsity this year. I didn't get to see the 8th graders play last year since my son was a freshman. The two teams were always in opposite places on game days. I'm not sure who the back is that you are talking about.

injuredinmelee
09-02-2005, 10:49 AM
Wylie has a freshman running back that is new this year and he is supposed to be AMAZING! I didnt get a chance to go see him last night though.

GWOOD
09-02-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by vet93
Saw the JV game. Both teams played fairly well. Wylie had multiple turnovers. They moved the ball much more consistently but were susceptible to the long ball on defense. Wylie had some decent size and one running back who was pretty quick. Greenwood had a couple of injuries...hopefully the kids are o.k.

The kid carried off on the stretcher broke his leg. Odd thing is, he fractured his arm a week ago in practice and was playing with a cast on his arm.

Ranger Mom
09-02-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic

I'm not really sure who you are talking about....but nevertheless, we have NO freshman on Varsity this season....so far!