PDA

View Full Version : wharton or cuero sept 9

whartontiger07
09-01-2005, 10:42 PM
who will win

Gobbla2001
09-01-2005, 10:46 PM
Voted for a close one... dunno what to think of Wharton yet... pretty sure they'll be good as always...

schu1213
09-01-2005, 11:29 PM
This is the one I cant wait for. Of course i picked Cuero but i think it will be a close game. I expect some good things from Wharton

ro_tex_solja
09-01-2005, 11:40 PM
wassup schu......i think wharton is gonna break through this year but they still wont beat cuero......if cuero goes d1 i will definitely go for wharton to win it all in d2.....there is just something about them that i like.......

LogieJoeBean001
09-02-2005, 05:05 AM
....and so it begins!

LogieJoeBean001
09-02-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
....and so it begins!

....or maybe not

underware
09-02-2005, 03:23 PM
I'll again take Cuero over Wharton. They really looked good at the Scrimmage, but I think Cuero is too much for'em.

whartontiger07
09-02-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by underware
I'll again take Cuero over Wharton. They really looked good at the Scrimmage, but I think Cuero is too much for'em.

its never too much for us no pain no gain we just had 1st game jitters i believe wharton will overcome

whartontigerBDC
09-02-2005, 09:02 PM
Those tigers will be ready to prove they're capable of being #1. can't wait to see!!!

gobbler grad
09-02-2005, 09:06 PM
Cuero in a close one...24-21

KingRob
09-03-2005, 07:19 PM
I think it will be more of a Cuero run than a lot of people think.

Survey says.....
Cuero 33
Wharton 14

ro_tex_solja
09-03-2005, 07:21 PM
i love pierre

CHS_CG
09-03-2005, 07:28 PM
i think cuero will take this one!

gobble35
09-03-2005, 07:32 PM
i voted cuero of course...but i think that it will be a close and exciting game! i cant wait..its gonna be good!!

Gobbla2001
09-03-2005, 08:22 PM
I will say that the Wharton coaching staff did not look all too happy after the game...

May have been because they were tired...

saw them waiting around after the game for a Cuero coach that one of the members of the staff may know or something (reached this conclusion after a Cuero coach and Wharton coach had some sort of a reunion)...

Even Roberts looked shell-shocked...

I believe the series is tied 3-3 or Cuero leads it 4-3... None of the games have been won by more than 3 or so point I believe, they have always been close...

Wharton has talent out the butt, if they could do something with it, watch the heck out...

hata_hurta06
09-04-2005, 02:31 PM
i think I mean i KNO the tigers wil b ready week one is in the past and with all that talent cuero betta watch out!!!

GreenGobbla
09-04-2005, 03:10 PM
i voted for cuero....and i know its not gonna be a close one.....

hata_hurta06
09-04-2005, 03:18 PM
Micky Garza is da man

Gobbla2001
09-04-2005, 03:20 PM
I hope it's a good game and all, but I really don't hope that it is close at the end, either way... The last two years have gone down to the wire and I dunno if I can take anymore...

gobblerfan02
09-04-2005, 04:08 PM
I know what you mean Gobbla, hope to see an eventful game full of excitement, just not the kind that has my heart in my throat!

BU97
09-04-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I will say that the Wharton coaching staff did not look all too happy after the game...

May have been because they were tired...

saw them waiting around after the game for a Cuero coach that one of the members of the staff may know or something (reached this conclusion after a Cuero coach and Wharton coach had some sort of a reunion)...

Even Roberts looked shell-shocked...

I believe the series is tied 3-3 or Cuero leads it 4-3... None of the games have been won by more than 3 or so point I believe, they have always been close...

Wharton has talent out the butt, if they could do something with it, watch the heck out...

We were waiting to trade films, and were ready to head to the house, maybe scouting makes a person look "shell shocked" as you say. Did you really expect us to come over to your side and talk crap? You must really think little of us to think that we'd come over to someone else's side to trade films and act cocky? As for being surprised, we knew that ya'll were good before the game!

bmbf_06
09-04-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by whartontigerBDC
Those tigers will be ready to prove they're capable of being #1. can't wait to see!!!

I agree with yah --it was close last year, but this year i think we'll pull it off....our boys are ready for friday night-- GO TIGERS!!

ro_tex_solja
09-04-2005, 08:24 PM
why did pierre run the ball only one time against el campo?

Gobbla2001
09-04-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by BU97
We were waiting to trade films, and were ready to head to the house, maybe scouting makes a person look "shell shocked" as you say. Did you really expect us to come over to your side and talk crap? You must really think little of us to think that we'd come over to someone else's side to trade films and act cocky? As for being surprised, we knew that ya'll were good before the game!

Just trying to figure out who the Wharton coaches on here are... thanks haha :D

Y'all looked more tired than anything...

Gobbla2001
09-04-2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja
why did pierre run the ball only one time against el campo?

I think it's maybe because he has taken more of a linebacker roll, which is what he is being recruited for anyway...

Gobbler Fan
09-06-2005, 12:46 PM
Should be a good one in Tiger Stadium Friday night .With Cuero being #1 in the AP every team is going to be fired up to beat them , the only thing is Cuero know's that too . This D is better than last year IMO which should account for a lower scoring game ............from Wharton :D

SnyTigBaseB07
09-06-2005, 12:49 PM
Haha lately ive been reading up on Cuero(since everyone seemed to know more about them than me!) and after looking around a bit at both teams i say Cuero by 7.

gobblerfan02
09-06-2005, 12:56 PM
I think it will be a good LOW scoring game, hopefully the gobblers will come out on top in the end:

Cuero 28
Wharton 14

piratebg
09-06-2005, 02:48 PM
Cuero wins in a close one 24-14

raider red 2000
09-06-2005, 03:13 PM
do the gobblers have a field goal kicker?

they went for it on 4th down a couple of times against lagrange early, when a FG should have been possible.

gobblerfan02
09-06-2005, 03:19 PM
Same as last season I do believe!

Gobbla2001
09-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
do the gobblers have a field goal kicker?

they went for it on 4th down a couple of times against lagrange early, when a FG should have been possible.

Yah, he's either the same as last year or the bro of the one from last year... same last name if I am not mistaken...

He's good... but not Jason Elam or anything... meaning go for the first down/TD...

nexfan
09-06-2005, 05:24 PM
I wasnt impressed with Wharton last year. Thay got ran by the ricebirds this year. They are going to get ran by the Gobblers as well. Cuero will win by 2 or 3 TD's.

Gobbla2001
09-06-2005, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by nexfan
I wasnt impressed with Wharton last year. Thay got ran by the ricebirds this year. They are going to get ran by the Gobblers as well. Cuero will win by 2 or 3 TD's.

NOOOOO, don't say that... now they're gunna run infront of our stands and talk noise to our fans against this year.... I hate seeing that...

Gobbla2001
09-06-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by nexfan

What was the score in that game last year (El Campo), btw?

Gobbla2001
09-06-2005, 05:30 PM
nm

nexfan
09-06-2005, 05:57 PM
El Campo won 21 - 12. I'd be willing to bet that Wharton was better last year than they are this year. I hate to admit it, but I think Wharton will be the third place team in our distict. I think Sweeny and Columbia will beat them. I dont see why Cuero should get all worked up about this game. It wont be as close as the Wharton folks want it to be.

Ranger Mom
09-06-2005, 07:09 PM
NOOOOO, don't say that... now they're gunna run infront of our stands and talk noise to our fans against this year.... I hate seeing that...

For real???

That's not very classy!!:foul:

GreenGobbla
09-06-2005, 07:20 PM
thats not classy at all....anyways....gobblers will win this one 28-7, if wharton scores at all.....i mean cueros defense is just too good

Gobbla2001
09-06-2005, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
For real???

That's not very classy!!:foul:

I guess I need to clear the image up a bit... they didn't exactly walk over to our stands and talk crap to us...

They were running to their side of the field, kinda running down our sideline our sideline, more than half of the team turned around doing the whole jump up and down deal while yelling stuff... not any of it was bad I'm sure, but it was pretty disrespectful considering the game was in Cuero... it'd be different if our team was on the sideline, but they weren't even out on the field yet...

They have great athletes and great speed, but it just wasn't a great deal of respect...

hata_hurta06
09-07-2005, 09:13 AM
that was only excitment if you can remember we caught a td pass at the end of the half! and with all the stuff being worked on we had to run over to our feild house which was on cuero's side

LogieJoeBean001
09-08-2005, 06:20 AM

Taken completely out of context and now, as usual, making Wharton look bad. No one taking into account the events of the game and that the guys were overly excited or anything.

Some folks just gotta bring up anything negative and not tell the WHOLE story...or just wanting to stir things up a bit.

LogieJoeBean001
09-08-2005, 01:26 PM

Got it from the boys who actually had to walk in front of the Cuero stands to get to the locker room at half time last year...so to set another story straight. Some Cuero fans were shouting things like, "You suck" and "Go home" at the Tiger team as they walked by at the half, which was totally classless on the fans part. Would you want your son/sons treated this way? The Tigers had just gone ahead of Cuero right before halftime. Is this the way Cuero treats ALL of their visiting teams or was it just Wharton. I'm not saying any of the boys DIDN'T respond back, but Cuero fans heckled the boys and as boys that are all fired up might have, they might have answered back. I also know that the coach TOLD them to not say a word as they walked by the stands.

Now, he who is without guilt, cast the first stone. I'm really sick and tired of people constantly painting the Wharton Tiger football team in a bad light. These are some of the finest young men I've ever known. Would you people from Cuero appreciate us, or anyone else, saying these things about YOUR boys! I know not, then why do it, WHY DO YOU DO IT. WHAT PURPOSE DOES IT SERVE YOU!!!!!!

olddawggreen
09-08-2005, 07:25 PM
When the dust and the hype clears, Cuero will be the Victor!:D

Gobbla2001
09-08-2005, 09:11 PM
Well the Cuero fans should feel ashamed as well... hope they do not do it again...

However, it happened before the game as they were going to their break-through sign as well as during the half... I was kind of on the receiving end of it so I guess I'd know...

I can understand the halftime deal, they were excited, that's great... I'd much rather see it going on infront of their stands, but heck, they were on their way to the fieldhouse so I can see that...

However, before the game? uncalled for...

It's kind of like Luling my senior season ('00)... they run out of their sign, come over to our sideline and throw a rubber chicken up in the air and it lands right infront of us... disrespectful and lacking class... I don't like it...

Gobbla2001
09-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
Taken completely out of context and now, as usual, making Wharton look bad. No one taking into account the events of the game and that the guys were overly excited or anything.

Some folks just gotta bring up anything negative and not tell the WHOLE story...or just wanting to stir things up a bit.

Why don't you stop bringing up stuff I posted a couple of days ago and try to explain to everyone here who has relatives that work at wal mart etc... why they have no intelligence...

I don't have to make Wharton look bad, I think you're doin' a fine job...

BMOC
09-08-2005, 09:27 PM
Cuero by a few.

Gobbla2001
09-08-2005, 09:32 PM
Here's the deal... I really have no beef with Wharton... their pre-game festivities got on my nerves a little last year... knowing our fans were throwing out some 'you-sucks' etc... at halftime makes me understand their jawing then a little... but I can tell you there were prolly only a few people doing it...

The players from each team show the other players respect while they're on the field, I enjoy that...

I hope each team has an injury free game and a successful season...

Let's stop the bickering for now and go out to enjoy a great game between two great teams tomorrow night... let them settle it on the field...

I appologize if I have offended anyone, but sometimes I go crazy with my opinions...

Hope everyone has a safe and fun night tomorrow night...

Go Gobblers!