PDA

View Full Version : God Bless you A&M as well as other texas schools

AggieJohn
09-01-2005, 09:58 PM
this is per bill gates announcement:

TO: All Faculty, Students and Staff
SUBJECT: Assistance to Hurricane Katrina Victims

We are announcing today (see statement below) that Texas A&M, including the Galveston campus, will accept up to 1,000 students for as long as one year from universities and colleges unable to offer classes this fall due to Hurricane Katrina. This is a significantly higher number of students than any other university has offered to take in (as far as we are aware), but entirely in keeping with our culture, our traditions and our Spirit. We also have offered to provide – to the extent we can -- a temporary home for faculty to continue their research while their own campuses are unavailable. We are, again as far as we know, the only university to extend the offer of assistance to all colleges and universities affected by the tragedy. The statement includes a number of other actions we have taken and are taking. I am confident that other initiatives, likely thought up by students, faculty and/or staff, will be forthcoming. I know that the Aggie family will respond with warmth, sympathy and support to those displaced by this disaster. A significant number of students from the affected states would clearly have an impact on class sizes and more, but I am confident that faculty and students will make the best of the situation in order to help our neighbors. Also, I request that all faculty and staff be especially sensitive to the feelings and emotional state of students who are directly affected by this tragedy—certainly including those who have lost family members or else do not know the fate of some of them, in addition to having significant property losses in some cases. Significant help to friends and neighbors in trouble is what Aggies do best.

Robert M. Gates

Statement by Robert M. Gates, President of Texas A&M University
The hearts of the entire Texas A&M University community go out to all victims of Hurricane Katrina. Service to others is a core value of this University, and we feel a special obligation to do all we can to help college students and faculty in the affected area continue uninterrupted with their education and their work. I have formed a special university task force, which will continuously update our ability to assist in this very difficult period. Our current activities are summarized below

NOW i realize other schools are doing the same, but it still sounds amazing

sahen
09-01-2005, 10:02 PM
yah...Baylor is accepting many student too....we have some Tulane Law kids coming, normal undergrads, and we are taking in the kids from teh New Orleans Baptist Seminary and letting them study at Truett Seminary (Baylor's seminary)...