PDA

View Full Version : GP player prayers needed

Gp83
09-01-2005, 08:28 PM
Ronnie Owen, part of the foursome of last years recorded breaking 4X100 relay, sustained a double compound fracture to his lower leg tonight. He was the TB on a sweep, he got stood up and was hit from the side by another Sinton player snapping his leg. Play was suspended for about an half hour while they tended to Ronnie. Both bench's were in tears and you could feel the urgency. After the game, I went to talk to one of our star players. He told me the young man from Sinton was still in tears. The player was in a group of Sinton players, so I asked who the young man was. I approached the young man, put my arm around him as he was still sobbing. I told him that this was not his fault and this is football. I gave him some other kind words to help ease his pain. He never said a word, but heard what I said. This looked exactly like last years Cuero scrimmage incident with Latrel Cooper, only to me, twice as gruesome. Again, this was an accident and please keep both players in your prayers tonight. Ronnie has a long road ahead of him.

robbo93
09-01-2005, 08:33 PM
will do goodluck to him

Bandera YaYa
09-01-2005, 08:43 PM
What a sad thing to have happen......I wish hiim a speedy recovery. :(

Ranger Mom
09-01-2005, 08:53 PM
That is terrible news...prayers going out right now!

GreenMonster
09-01-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Gp83
Ronnie Owen, part of the foursome of last years recorded breaking 4X100 relay, sustained a double compound fracture to his lower leg tonight. He was the TB on a sweep, he got stood up and was hit from the side by another Sinton player snapping his leg. Play was suspended for about an half hour while they tended to Ronnie. Both bench's were in tears and you could feel the urgency. After the game, I went to talk to one of our star players. He told me the young man from Sinton was still in tears. The player was in a group of Sinton players, so I asked who the young man was. I approached the young man, put my arm around him as he was still sobbing. I told him that this was not his fault and this is football. I gave him some other kind words to help ease his pain. He never said a word, but heard what I said. This looked exactly like last years Cuero scrimmage incident with Latrel Cooper, only to me, twice as gruesome. Again, this was an accident and please keep both players in your prayers tonight. Ronnie has a long road ahead of him.

GP, I know that I give you a real hard time about your Momma's Army boots and all but, you're a stand up guy. I hope that young man you spoke with heard every word. Prayers go out to young Mr. Ronnie Owen as well. Hopefully he will have a complete recovery.

Old Green
09-01-2005, 09:11 PM
I will pray for the young man and for a speedy recovery

Gp83
09-01-2005, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
GP, I know that I give you a real hard time about your Momma's Army boots and all but, you're a stand up guy. I hope that young man you spoke with heard every word. Prayers go out to young Mr. Ronnie Owen as well. Hopefully he will have a complete recovery.

Thank you GM. This was worse than anything I have seen on TV and it happened right in front of the Sinton bench. Those poor kids will never forget what they saw tonight and this young man felt horrible.

CHS_CG
09-01-2005, 09:25 PM
He has Caldwell's prayers. This is such a sad event yet part of football :(

sinfan75
09-01-2005, 09:25 PM
Hate to see this happen 83. Prayers goin out big time.

KTJ
09-01-2005, 09:32 PM
God speed.

PhiI C
09-01-2005, 09:32 PM
I am sorry to hear about the accident. Prayers for the player and family and others.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-01-2005, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Hate to see this happen 83. Prayers goin out big time.

yes pray for speedy recovery for this young man

shellman54
09-01-2005, 09:46 PM
Wow, that is horrible. Prayers and speedy recovery.

pirate4state
09-01-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Hate to see this happen 83. Prayers goin out big time. Injuries are such an ugly part of the sport we love. :( I hope the young man a speedy recovery!

MARLINDOGS
09-01-2005, 10:38 PM
My prayers are with him.

LH Panther Mom
09-01-2005, 11:14 PM
So sorry to hear about this. My prayers are with him.

DHS_EagleFan
09-01-2005, 11:19 PM
Decatur sends thoughts and prayers.

G-P King
09-02-2005, 05:13 AM
I heard Ronnie Owenis having surgery in the morning. Both bones were compound fractures. My prayers were sent out all night at work. For Ronnie and The sinton player.

83 i'll call you when I get up about what time I would like to leave for sinton. You are a stand up guy!:D

LogieJoeBean001
09-02-2005, 05:14 AM
My heartfelt prayers go out to BOTH young men involved. What a wonderful thing you did speaking to the other young man. This will haunt him for the rest of his life, I'm sure, but your words of kindness will help heal his pain. Perhaps it will be your words he remembers moreso than the incident itself. Let's hope so.

Godspeed ahead for the injured young man. May his recovery be a speedy and complete one.

We should never underestimate the milk of human kindness! Great job, GP!

pirate44
09-02-2005, 05:40 AM
stuff like that makes me nautious just reading about it. i'll keep him im my prayers. hopefully he'll be playing sports in no time.

SINTON81
09-02-2005, 07:46 AM
Prayer for him from Sinton.

Fish's mom
09-02-2005, 08:21 AM
I'll be praying for his speedy recovery. May God Bless

RiverRat19
09-02-2005, 08:29 AM
That is awful to hear about Ronnie from G-P. Prayers and positive thoughts to him, his parents and family and the G-P community. Hopefully he'll get the best care possible (I heard he's at Driscoll Children's Hospital- they're great!) and make the best and fastest recovery possible.

Also, prayers and support to the Sinton players upset about this injury. It is understandable to have feelings of pain and sadness if you were part of the group that made the tackle that injured Ronnie. These guys are right to feel bad for him, but you can't let that affect you for too long. That is football, good or bad. Players get hurt in this rough and physical game. All players should understand the risks involved in playing the game and accept the consequences. As bad as this young man's injury was, at least he was conscious and was able to move the rest of his body (you know where I'm going with that...) and he'll get excellent treatment for his injuries.

Tough night for everyone I'm assuming..... Wanna know the best part of this thread and posts? Nobody has mentioned a score or how the game turned out!!!! That means that the perspective is appropriate- the safety and well being of all the student-athletes involved! Great job 3A DL! Again prayers and thoughts to Ronnie and his family.

Maroon87
09-02-2005, 08:33 AM
Best wishes to the players involved.:)

Gp83
09-02-2005, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by RiverRat19
That is awful to hear about Ronnie from G-P. Prayers and positive thoughts to him, his parents and family and the G-P community. Hopefully he'll get the best care possible (I heard he's at Driscoll Children's Hospital- they're great!) and make the best and fastest recovery possible.

Also, prayers and support to the Sinton players upset about this injury. It is understandable to have feelings of pain and sadness if you were part of the group that made the tackle that injured Ronnie. These guys are right to feel bad for him, but you can't let that affect you for too long. That is football, good or bad. Players get hurt in this rough and physical game. All players should understand the risks involved in playing the game and accept the consequences. As bad as this young man's injury was, at least he was conscious and was able to move the rest of his body (you know where I'm going with that...) and he'll get excellent treatment for his injuries.

Tough night for everyone I'm assuming..... Wanna know the best part of this thread and posts? Nobody has mentioned a score or how the game turned out!!!! That means that the perspective is appropriate- the safety and well being of all the student-athletes involved! Great job 3A DL! Again prayers and thoughts to Ronnie and his family.

Riverrat...your post brought tears to my eyes and I'm at work. Awesome post

RiverRat19
09-02-2005, 09:46 AM
Riverrat...your post brought tears to my eyes and I'm at work. Awesome post

Don't let the boss see ya.... Thanks, but the real credit goes to those involved in caring for everyone involved with the young man's injury.

District303aPastPlayer
09-02-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by RiverRat19
Don't let the boss see ya.... Thanks, but the real credit goes to those involved in caring for everyone involved with the young man's injury.

may he be taken care of greatly and recover quickly!

SintonFan
09-02-2005, 10:16 AM
Our family will pray for this young man. That was a classy thing you did 83.:)

District303aPastPlayer
09-02-2005, 10:25 AM
i was talking to my friend just right now, she works at Driscoll and said the young man is her patient, well was last night. she said he should be in surgery right now as we speak, and that 2 others were taken in with broken legs last night. i will send along our prayers with her when she goes back into work...

please pray for the other 2 young men... i wasnt told their school, but nonetheless, they need prayers too!

Gp83
09-02-2005, 03:02 PM
One of the moms posted in the CT/GP forum;

"Update on Ronnie...he will have surgery in the morning. He broke both bones in his shin, one is a clean break, the other is shattered. Let's keep him and his parents in our prayers."

AP Panther Fan
09-02-2005, 03:15 PM
I hope this young man has a full and speedy recovery.

:thinking: I wonder if his mom's name is Terri Owen? I worked with her a few years ago...very nice family. GP83 if it is, please let me know so I can give her a call.

Gp83
09-02-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I hope this young man has a full and speedy recovery.

:thinking: I wonder if his mom's name is Terri Owen? I worked with her a few years ago...very nice family. GP83 if it is, please let me know so I can give her a call.

I believe here name is TiTa Owen.

AP Panther Fan
09-02-2005, 03:26 PM
I believe here name is TiTa Owen.

Thanks, might be a relative. If you get any updates on how his surgery went, please let us know.:)

Gp83
09-02-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Thanks, might be a relative. If you get any updates on how his surgery went, please let us know.:)

Will do.