PDA

View Full Version : KTJ's Preview, Week 1 - (17) Texas A&M vs. Clemson

KTJ
09-01-2005, 05:54 PM
The Aggies come into this game in a bit of a bind. Sure, Reggie McNeal, the catalyst of the Aggies, is back. But Texas A&M lost 4 of their last 5 last season including a shellacking in the Cotton Bowl against Tennessee. But the funny part is that no one really seems to care about that. Nonetheless, Texas A&M really holds it's own destiny in it's hands--literally. If they can get by Clemson, then A&M has a smooth ride until possibly Colorado and then definitely the Big 3--Texas, Oklahoma, and Texas Tech. The Aggies are excited, and they should be. With Reggie and Courtney Lewis, Texas A&M could be a threat. However, the Aggie secondary is very, very questionable.

I don't know much about Clemson except that Tommy Bowden is kinda a crappy coach. But keep in mind folks--the game is in Death Valley. For that alone, this isn't a given win for Texas A&M. While the Tigers are a middle of the road ACC team, they have the fight to win this game against a Big 12 opponent at home and can definitely do so.

Clemson - 28
Texas A&M - 27

shellman54
09-01-2005, 06:04 PM
The secondary is iffy, but they do have a bright spot in Jaxson Appel, from Friendswood. If Courtney Lewis has a breakout game, and the defensive front 7 have a good game, then I see A&M winning this one 24-17.

KTJ
09-01-2005, 06:05 PM
shell

Are you going to the game?

Chris Hart
09-01-2005, 06:11 PM
A&M 34- Clemson 14

lostaussie
09-01-2005, 06:49 PM
this is a very big, BIG game for tamu. a good start to the season could lead to great things. a loss could lead to disaster.

GreenMonster
09-01-2005, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
The Aggies come into this game in a bit of a bind. Sure, Reggie McNeal, the catalyst of the Aggies, is back. But Texas A&M lost 4 of their last 5 last season including a shellacking in the Cotton Bowl against Tennessee. But the funny part is that no one really seems to care about that. Nonetheless, Texas A&M really holds it's own destiny in it's hands--literally. If they can get by Clemson, then A&M has a smooth ride until possibly Colorado and then definitely the Big 3--Texas, Oklahoma, and Texas Tech. The Aggies are excited, and they should be. With Reggie and Courtney Lewis, Texas A&M could be a threat. However, the Aggie secondary is very, very questionable.

I don't know much about Clemson except that Tommy Bowden is kinda a crappy coach. But keep in mind folks--the game is in Death Valley. For that alone, this isn't a given win for Texas A&M. While the Tigers are a middle of the road ACC team, they have the fight to win this game against a Big 12 opponent at home and can definitely do so.

Clemson - 28
Texas A&M - 27

Just like a Horn fan to pick against the Aggies.

KTJ
09-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Just like a Horn fan to pick against the Aggies.

So Aggie fans don't pick against the Longhorns?

I seem to recall me picking A&M several times last season. Just because it's A&M isn't the reason I'm not picking them. I didn't think it was that big a deal. :confused:

big daddy russ
09-01-2005, 09:15 PM
Charlie Whitehurst is as dangerous as any QB in the nation when he's at his best... yes that includes the Omar Jacobs, the Vince Youngs and the Reggie McNeals of the college world... but he had a down season last year. He was always best on bootlegs as a sophomore but his O-Line broke down last year and let defenders get to him early and often. Whitehurst was visibly shaken the entire '04-'05 campaign.

If Bowden managed to kick that line into shape, Clemson's a dangerous team not only to just TAMU, but the rest of the ACC as well. Nonetheless, the Ags return three of their four starting D-Linemen from last year (and five of their top six in the rotation) and all their starting LB's. The heat will come early and often. If Whitehurst can beat the pass rush and get the Tigers' offense into a rhythm they'll hang in with TAMU and he could get into a groove that may last the whole season (and a shootout would benefit Clemson more than A&M). Personally, I think he gets into a groove and that the Death Valley crowd gives the Aggies hell, but that A&M pass rush gets to him just enough to preserve a 10-point win.

shellman54
09-01-2005, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
shell

Are you going to the game?

The game is at Clemson.

crabman
09-01-2005, 09:38 PM
Keep an eye out for A&M's new starting center. Cody Wallace of the Cuero Gobblers!!! 6'-5" 300 lbs. Big ole boy.

AggieJohn
09-01-2005, 10:04 PM
two words about the defense......justin warren...he is the next derrick johnson

KL3
09-01-2005, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
But Texas A&M lost 4 of their last 5 last season including a shellacking in the Cotton Bowl against Tennessee. But the funny part is that no one really seems to care about that.

The reason nobody cares about this is because, it was LAST SEASON.

Your right though, the biggest concern on the team are the CB's. The talent level is not the concern, there is more talent on the depth chart compared to last season, it's just untested, which is obviously a problem. Whitehurst can hurt you, but 7 of our top 8 DLineman return and all the LB's. These are the same players who harrased Whitehurst into 3 picks and who sacked him 5 times last season. Clemson must also replace 3 OL starters. Not a good combination if you're a Clemson fan. Hopefully a sustained pass rush will take the pressure off of the young CB's.

On Cody Wallace, I had a class with him, really nice guy. It has been said the coaches believe he has the most pro potential on the line except for Sr. Jamie Hightower.

Aggies by 10

KTJ
09-01-2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by shellman54
The game is at Clemson.

Yes I knew that. Didn't know if you were road-tripping or not.

And yes, I'm fully aware that it was last season. Did that meltdown not concern anyone?

big daddy russ
09-01-2005, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
...But Texas A&M lost 4 of their last 5 last season including a shellacking in the Cotton Bowl against Tennessee. But the funny part is that no one really seems to care about that....
KTJ, that really does concern me. But with all the A&M returns it's hard to overlook them. They ran with every team but the two UT's and Utah and almost took out the number two team in the nation. I just think they're too loaded to be that far down the totem pole... but then again that's just one man's opinion. We'll find out what they're really made of on Saturday.

Originally posted by AggieJohn
two words about the defense......justin warren...he is the next derrick johnson
Warren's an animal.

The D-Line's vastly improved from last year (and that's saying a lot) and should be one of the top units in the Big XII. That'll give Justin even more room to work. Should be a monster season for the kid.

shellman54
09-02-2005, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

Have you seen gas prices?!?!??!?!?

KL3
09-02-2005, 10:14 AM
I would say the only two 2 teams that just completely overmatched us were Utah and Tennessee. In Austin, we led at the half, and were within a touchdown with 9 min left in the game. They scored 2 offensive TD's to our 1.

AggieJohn
09-02-2005, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

And yes, I'm fully aware that it was last season. Did that meltdown not concern anyone?

What meltdown,

[list=1]
We beat tech
we played OU to the last play, losing by less than a touchdown, something t.u. hasn't done in a while
Baylor was a fluke of massive proportions
Tennessee is ranked high right now, so they were on the rise at the beginning of the season
[/list=1]

and i want to refer to KL3 explanation for the texas game

handNthedirt
09-02-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
So Aggie fans don't pick against the Longhorns?
I seem to recall me picking A&M several times last season. Just because it's A&M isn't the reason I'm not picking them. I didn't think it was that big a deal. :confused:

Then explain how you have Tech ranked above Ags in your poll from a couple of days back.....?

AggieJohn
09-02-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
Then explain how you have Tech ranked above Ags in your poll from a couple of days back.....? i just don't understand how tech can be ranked above A&M, they have no one returning that has proven themselves in the big 12, no one!

handNthedirt
09-02-2005, 01:26 PM
i just don't understand how tech can be ranked above A&M, they have no one returning that has proven themselves in the big 12, no one!

I'm still waiting for his cute explanation....?

KTJ
09-02-2005, 01:46 PM
I've already explained why I have Tech ranked where they are. Go back and read it.

So are you saying that getting lamblasted by Tennessee was okay because they were the higher ranking team? Were you not predicting that you'd come out of that game with a W? Did you not expect the game to be close?

handNthedirt
09-02-2005, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I've already explained why I have Tech ranked where they are. Go back and read it.

and where can I find this valuable information?

HighSchool Fan
09-02-2005, 01:52 PM
why do aggie fans have to whine if they're not picked to win by someone?? you guys need to get some thicker skin.

handNthedirt
09-02-2005, 01:54 PM
and where can I find this valuable information?

nevermind...found it.

AggieJohn
09-02-2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
why do aggie fans have to whine if they're not picked to win by someone?? you guys need to get some thicker skin. i can understand texas and OU being picked higher than us...but i don't understand tech, who do they have???

KTJ
09-02-2005, 02:11 PM
i can understand texas and OU being picked higher than us...but i don't understand tech, who do they have???

If Tech holds the advantage 7-3 over the last 10 years and is about 5 years away from making the overall series a dead even tie, does it matter who they have.

Dude, sometimes it's not about what names you have. It's how you play the game.

handNthedirt
09-02-2005, 02:12 PM
he's looking at tech's home record vs. ags

KTJ
09-02-2005, 02:13 PM
he's looking at tech's home record vs. ags

Nope. That 7-3 record is the overall record (at Lubbock and at CS) over the past 10 years.

HighSchool Fan
09-02-2005, 02:15 PM
i can understand texas and OU being picked higher than us...but i don't understand tech, who do they have???

it's just one person's opinion, don't go into cardiac arrest over it, well you can, but no one else needs to.

handNthedirt
09-02-2005, 02:38 PM
ktj, quit dancing around the question...how do you have tech above the ags in your "for right now" poll when the two teams don't play until Nov. I'm not picking on you, I'm just curious.

KTJ
09-02-2005, 03:39 PM
Uhh, dude.

I didn't dance around the question. I answered it yesterday when I was asked. Yet you keep asking said question.

Picking on me implies that you're bullying me and you're winning, which is not the case in either circumstance. Rather it seems that you're upset that I have Tech ranked that high. It's just a poll. I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Next time I'll be sure to rank Texas A&M in the top 5 in the nation because that is where you obviously think they should be. :rolleyes:

KTJ
09-02-2005, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by KL3
I would say the only two 2 teams that just completely overmatched us were Utah and Tennessee. In Austin, we led at the half, and were within a touchdown with 9 min left in the game. They scored 2 offensive TD's to our 1.

We had a TD that wasn't called a TD to which you guys scored off of. (If the Baylor loss was a fluke, then that TD was a fluke.)

In the 2nd half, McNeal was sacked numerous times and hurried a lot. The score isn't indicative of what happened in that game. It should have been 33-6 as the final, not 26-13.

AggieJohn
09-03-2005, 12:23 AM
VY isn't the only dangerous runner in this game. ULL's Jerry Babb is one of the Sun Belt's best all-around quarterbacks and is dangerous once he gets on the move. The Ragin' Cajun offensive line isn't nearly talented enough to push around the Texas line, but it's Big 12 big and has enough experience to give Babb a little bit of room to move.

My call, Texas is upset early, falling behine 14-0, and finds itself trying to scale back the second half.

Texas 21
ULL 22

Diocletian
09-03-2005, 12:26 AM
Poll Question

By how many points will UT beat Louisiana-Lafayette?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By 40 or more 38.48% 197
30-39 26.56% 136
20-29 21.88% 112
10-19 6.25% 32
Fewer than 9 1.17% 6
Upset? 5.66% 29

link: http://www.austin360.com/recreation/content/sports/college/hookem/index.html

a poll I found online.......I voted for 40+

AggieJohn
09-03-2005, 12:30 AM
A&M returns pretty much the same team that they lost last year, however they show more improvement on the D-line and especially in the linebacker spot. Spotty special teams coverage could hurt them in the late hours of the game.

Clemson returns basically the same team as well, Charle Whitehurst, the same QB that recieved preseason hype last year. The tigers have gelled and have a faster defense that could keep A&M qb Reggie McNeal in the pocket and less likely to scramble.

KEY FACTOR in this game. Death Valley. Clemson's Memorial stadium is very comparable to Kyle Field on a saturday which should help the tigers out, however I think a&m's experience in hostile enviroments and coming from one should help them cancel that factor out

Predication
A&M 28
Clemson 21 (1OT)

AggieJohn
09-03-2005, 12:38 AM

Diocletian
09-03-2005, 12:43 AM
lol

Diocletian
09-03-2005, 12:48 AM
it's against my religion to follow A&M.......maybey you can tell me why they are in the top 25 every year and never really show up and hold ?

http://www.nur.utexas.edu/0412/mbaston/longhorns.gif

JHS_c/o_06'
09-03-2005, 01:53 AM
nevermind...its not worth my time

AggieJohn
09-03-2005, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Diocletian
it's against my religion to follow A&M.......maybey you can tell me why they are in the top 25 every year and never really show up and hold ?

see texas tech

AggieBob
09-03-2005, 02:46 AM

Can you tell me why texas is national champion conteder every year and still has yet to win the big Xii in almost ten years?:thinking:

AggieJohn
09-03-2005, 02:47 AM
ding ding ding ding ding

systemofaflamer
09-03-2005, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by AggieBob
Can you tell me why texas is national champion conteder every year and still has yet to win the big Xii in almost ten years?:thinking:

thank you so much for that, it seems EVERY year that t.u. fans always like to point out the flaws in A&M and tend to forget their own. I guess the fact that REGGIE being better than radio (vince) seems to bother them yet again this year...

AggieJohn
09-03-2005, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by systemofaflamer
thank you so much for that, it seems EVERY year that t.u. fans always like to point out the flaws in A&M and tend to forget their own. I guess the fact that REGGIE being better than radio (vince) seems to bother them yet again this year...

i wouldn't say vince is better than reggie, i wouldn't say reggie is better than vince, however i would say that they both present different options as a out of the pocket, mobile qb should.....vince can juke players out of their pants, where as reggie's not that way...reggie on the other hand, will just run his route faster than you can make it too tackle him

reggie has a more accurate arm. his motion is more pure, vince sidearms everything.

vince has longer legs and a leaner frame up top, making him break tackles more often, this isn't hte case with reggie....

both are great players, vince is pure talent, reggie is smart athleticism....

if these two ever landed on the same NFL team, one thing is for sure.....i know who's going to be the QB

MARLINDOGS
09-03-2005, 08:47 AM
This one could go on and on.:thinking:

WTF-82
09-03-2005, 08:58 AM
Thats the whole big 12 they are all overated

TMer25
09-03-2005, 09:08 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by AggieBob
Can you tell me why texas is national champion conteder every year and still has yet to win the big Xii in almost ten years?:thinking: [/QUOTE

At least they are in the neighborhood of being a contender.

KTJ
09-03-2005, 12:10 PM
ttt

kepdawg
09-03-2005, 07:03 PM
Let's go Aggies!

CHS_CG
09-03-2005, 07:12 PM
WHOOP! Lets go AGGIES BTHO Clemson!

IHStangFan
09-03-2005, 07:19 PM
Reggie lookin pretty sharp so far!

gobbler grad
09-03-2005, 07:20 PM
to bad for the holding call...anyway A&M up 3-0...YES, Reggie looking pretty good...:D

IHStangFan
09-03-2005, 07:46 PM
Aggie D looking a little suspect

CHS_CG
09-03-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
to bad for the holding call

Riffety riffety riff raff!
Chiffety chiffety chiff chaff!
Riff raff!
Chiff chaff!
Let’s give ’em the horse laugh!
Sssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

IHStangFan
09-03-2005, 08:05 PM
MAN! A&M lookin kinda rusty all of the sudden and Clemson looking fired up. :confused:

CHS_CG
09-03-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
MAN! A&M lookin kinda rusty all of the sudden and Clemson looking fired up. :confused:

i was thinkin the same thing!

IHStangFan
09-03-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
i was thinkin the same thing! and Reggie seems to be throwing some catchable passes, but his WRs arent holding onto them, several dropped passes that shoulda been caught.

IHStangFan
09-03-2005, 08:14 PM
THERE we go!! TD A&M! hopefully they can build off the momentum, stay calmed down, and take care of business......

gobbler grad
09-03-2005, 08:16 PM
86 yrds. in 8 plays...wtg offense...keep it going...:cheerl: :cheerl:

CHS_CG
09-03-2005, 08:21 PM
LETS GO AGGIES. hold em wreckin crew!

AggieJohn
09-03-2005, 08:21 PM
86 yards all on the ground, do we all of a sudden have an oline

IHStangFan
09-03-2005, 08:24 PM
86 yards all on the ground, do we all of a sudden have an oline it would appear so!! but the D is looking awefully rusty, specially in the secondary, and theyre making Whitehurst look good. COME ON AGS!!

IHStangFan
09-03-2005, 08:31 PM
Reggie throws an INT, DAMN! thats rare!

CHS_CG
09-03-2005, 08:31 PM
Reggie what was that!:eek: :doh:

gobbler grad
09-03-2005, 08:32 PM
that was ugly...:foul: :foul:

Chris Hart
09-03-2005, 08:54 PM
Bring on McGee...

systemofaflamer
09-03-2005, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Bring on McGee...

please tell me you're kidding.

Chris Hart
09-03-2005, 09:07 PM
Let's just say if McGee were playing, they wouldn't still only have 70 passing yards. Just wait til he gets his chance, you'll see...;)

IHStangFan
09-03-2005, 09:15 PM
is it just me or is Clemson's D really that fast?

IHStangFan
09-03-2005, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Let's just say if McGee were playing, they wouldn't still only have 70 passing yards. Just wait til he gets his chance, you'll see...;) LOL...hell, that isnt Reggie's fault....the rcvrs need to catch the ball when theyre hit in the hands. :p

systemofaflamer
09-03-2005, 09:17 PM
they also wouldn't have all the scramble yards that REGGIE has racked up throughout the game...but this argument is void b/c we are talking about a proven heisman candidate and a player that hasn't seen the field yet...

just don't get me wrong, i want stephen to be good because he is all we have for next year.

CHS_CG
is it just me or does Clemson's D really that fast?

a lil bit of both lol

IHStangFan
Originally posted by CHS_CG
a lil bit of both lol LOL...geezus...i just "proof read" what i typed!

IHStangFan
09-03-2005, 09:25 PM
Penalties are killin A&M!

kepdawg
09-03-2005, 09:25 PM
A&M might want to get off their butts and start playing some ball!

CHS_CG
09-03-2005, 09:32 PM
great return jason!

WHOOP!

IHStangFan
09-03-2005, 09:40 PM
A&M TD....nice drive and score. they made it look easy that time.

bullfrog_alumni_02
A&M might be able to pull of an ugly one here...

IHStangFan
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
A&M might be able to pull of an ugly one here... hopefully, but they'll need to keep the penalties down.

gobbler grad
09-03-2005, 09:41 PM
everything went well on that drive...:thumbsup: ...defense needs to step up and hold em'

CHS_CG
09-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Great job guys! Hopefully the wreckin crew can step it up some here!

systemofaflamer
09-03-2005, 09:45 PM
gotta love the audio problems that ABC is having...LOL

you can watch one game and listen to another..

IHStangFan
09-03-2005, 09:51 PM
Aggie D looks horrible, missed tackles and all :doh:

Chris Hart
09-03-2005, 09:58 PM
Now that was better Reggie....:)

CHS_CG
09-03-2005, 09:59 PM
AGGIES UP BY 2 WTG

WHOOP!

IHStangFan
09-03-2005, 09:59 PM
way to go Ags!! now their D needs to help their O out a little.

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-03-2005, 10:00 PM
good job ags, keep that goin and dont let up. you can get this.

gobbler grad
09-03-2005, 10:07 PM
come on defense...step it up a little...lets Ags...:clap:

IHStangFan
09-03-2005, 10:22 PM
***?! exactly why i dont like the fact that the game was on ABC and not ESPN or some such SPORTS network. :mad:

kepdawg
09-03-2005, 10:29 PM
42 yard field goal attempt coming up for Clemson to win the game.

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-03-2005, 10:30 PM
this muct be intense for you hardcore aggies out there.

kepdawg
09-03-2005, 10:31 PM
FG goal good.

Clemson 25 A&m 24

2 seconds left.

CHS_CG
09-03-2005, 10:31 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Leopards,class of 75
09-03-2005, 10:32 PM
Clemson 25, Texas A&M 24 final

wannabgobbler08
09-03-2005, 10:32 PM
Aggies 24.......Clemson 25!
Great Ending!!!!

Leopards,class of 75
09-03-2005, 10:33 PM
What a game!

ro_tex_solja
09-03-2005, 10:33 PM
yeah this is A&M's year... rofldgjkhdsaasdhgasdkjghkjagjsdahgklmao

Rabbit'93
09-03-2005, 10:35 PM
great game. Bad ending. But oh well.

bullfrog_alumni_02
09-03-2005, 10:36 PM
:( i did not see that coming...im usre franchione will look at the mistakes in this game and have them corrected for next week.

tortilla_man
09-03-2005, 10:38 PM
fire and riot breaks out in college station!

tortilla_man
09-03-2005, 10:39 PM
actually dont know if there were any riots but after the game ended alot of sirens went off around the northgate area

CHS_CG
09-03-2005, 10:42 PM
Was really hoping the aggies could pull that one out. They played a great game! Gotta cut out the pents. though!

gobbler grad
09-03-2005, 10:43 PM
Teaxs A&M will always remember the name...Jad Dean...6 for 6 with game winning field goal... :( :(

Tackle75
09-03-2005, 11:09 PM
Aggies SHould remember the name CARL TORBUSH

This guy in my mind is responsible solely for two dispicable losses. To baylor and tonight.

His inabiliity to call the correct defense in the last 2 mins of a game when you're tryin to protect a lead is ridiculous.

The d has the talent but you have to call the right coverage to stop the team from moving down the field in the 4th quarter

AggieJohn
09-03-2005, 11:11 PM
good point tackle75, ticks me off more they cut away from coverage and took 5 minutes to explain that a justice had died

Tackle75
09-03-2005, 11:11 PM
No lie, i mean its sad the guy died, but they stayed away the entire last 2mins, I mean we come back and bamm field goal time.

AggieJohn
09-03-2005, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by tortilla_man
not really.
most of us aren't idiots

Tackle75
09-03-2005, 11:13 PM
that sorta stuff only happens in Austin, when after a huge victory all the cattle run in fear.

systemofaflamer
09-03-2005, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Tackle75
Aggies SHould remember the name CARL TORBUSH

This guy in my mind is responsible solely for two dispicable losses. To baylor and tonight.

His inabiliity to call the correct defense in the last 2 mins of a game when you're tryin to protect a lead is ridiculous.

The d has the talent but you have to call the right coverage to stop the team from moving down the field in the 4th quarter

that is probably the most intelligent thing i have read on any message board tonight. not only that, though, les koening is also a blooming idiot for running the same plays OVER and OVER and OVER...etc

and i sure hope i don't see anymore posts about REGGIE no longer being a heisman candidate or that he is "terrible" or anything in that area... if so then you are prone to a kick in the teeth

AggieJohn
09-03-2005, 11:21 PM
i won't say that reggie is out of the race, i know a loss in his column hurts his chances alot, but we go into SMU, Tx state, Baylor, Colorado, we could easily be 7-1 or so before we go into tech, ou, and texas, how they perform in that is going to be his real test...he's proven himself and he showed glimpses of last seasons form tonight, however i just think preseason nerves were at hand, kind of like they were at UTAH, not that utah didn't just royally spank us, because they did for sure

Tackle75
09-03-2005, 11:22 PM
Your right, The offense just did not look totally in sync. Of course it does not help when the cordinator doesnt call a good game.

however I view this like a pre season game, only this counts, but by week 3 all the kinks should be worked out, and ready to roll for conference play, thats when everything really counts.

AggieJohn
09-03-2005, 11:24 PM
Your right, The offense just did not look totally in sync. Of course it does not help when the cordinator doesnt call a good game.

however I view this like a pre season game, only this counts, but by week 3 all the kinks should be worked out, and ready to roll for conference play, thats when everything really counts.

yeah they do have 2 weeks before SMU, so it shouldn't be too much to go into baylor 2-1......which by the way i accidently got tickets too today

Tackle75
09-03-2005, 11:26 PM
U got ticks to Baylor

Oh I wanna see that game so bad

Cause like I said the other day, if A&m doesnt win 75-0

its a loss in my book. we owe them big time.

AggieJohn
09-03-2005, 11:30 PM
U got ticks to Baylor

Oh I wanna see that game so bad

Cause like I said the other day, if A&m doesnt win 75-0

its a loss in my book. we owe them big time.

get aaron and you to bid on 2 tickets on ebay, that's how i got mine so cheap

ro_tex_solja
i myself am a longhorn fan but i was really startin to like what A&M had goin with Mcneal and the boys but if u cant get the job done against Clemson i feel sorry for the aggie fans yall let down.....this is hilarious......i cant believe oklahoma and A&M already lost....lol...what do yall think of this horrible upset?

Tackle75
good idea. if I have to, i'll go by myself.

WHen is it?

AggieJohn
09-03-2005, 11:31 PM
october 1st, get something up in the zone on the top level, that's where our seats are

Tackle75
09-03-2005, 11:33 PM
will do. Shouldnt be too hard, HOPEFULLY

Tackle75
09-03-2005, 11:36 PM
First of all its not that horrible of an upset, we were only 1 point favs.

I mean its not like we lost to ULL. Which we didnt have the luxury of playing this week.

And you wont be talking trash about our qb much longer when next year he's throwing bombs to your qb in the NFL. cause your guy has about as much of a chance of making it in the NFL as a qb as I do.

Face it Vince will be playing WR in the NFL, and Reggie will be throwin it to him.

AggieJohn
09-03-2005, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja
i myself am a longhorn fan but i was really startin to like what A&M had goin with Mcneal and the boys but if u cant get the job done against Clemson i feel sorry for the aggie fans yall let down.....this is hilarious......i cant believe oklahoma and A&M already lost....lol...what do yall think of this horrible upset?

obviously you don't know too much about either teams opponent or either team coming in...

OU was coming in with a qb problem, they had a red shirt junior and a red shirt freshman and both have been struggling to get the number one spot...now everyone with a iq of more than 2 knows that OU is rebuiliding this year, and they are in need of a leader like jason white. i thought that OU would blow them out of the water just based on talent alone, but i didn't suspect that the qb problem would be as bad as it was, that is why OU lost, it wasn't an upset, it was somewhat thought that it would happen. the only reason they were ranked number 7 is because they played for the MNC last year.....

A&M played a tough clemson team that underachieved all last year because of a coordinator that just couldn't get them to gel. Now a&m didn't play it's best tonight, that is granted, but i knew coming in that Clemson should be ranked at least in the 25 if not in the 20, by us being ranked alone yes it was an upset. but A&M didn't just lie down, they played the whole game from start to finish...it's like that old saying goes, i've seen them lose, i've seen them win, but i've never seen them quit....this wasn't a baylor fluke, this was a legitimate team that is underrated nationally

AggieJohn
09-03-2005, 11:38 PM
yeah PM me your current email and let you know where our tickets are, let me look it up

Tackle75
09-03-2005, 11:40 PM
hey it says your box is full, cant send you a PM.

Tackle75
09-03-2005, 11:42 PM
I agree. Clemson was never a bad team.

and besides that the game was at Death Valley. pretty rough stadium , almost in line with Kyle Field.

AggieJohn
09-03-2005, 11:44 PM
yeah it lived up too it's hype

ro_tex_solja
09-04-2005, 12:04 AM
obviously you don't know too much about either teams opponent or either team coming in...

OU was coming in with a qb problem, they had a red shirt junior and a red shirt freshman and both have been struggling to get the number one spot...now everyone with a iq of more than 2 knows that OU is rebuiliding this year, and they are in need of a leader like jason white. i thought that OU would blow them out of the water just based on talent alone, but i didn't suspect that the qb problem would be as bad as it was, that is why OU lost, it wasn't an upset, it was somewhat thought that it would happen. the only reason they were ranked number 7 is because they played for the MNC last year.....

A&M played a tough clemson team that underachieved all last year because of a coordinator that just couldn't get them to gel. Now a&m didn't play it's best tonight, that is granted, but i knew coming in that Clemson should be ranked at least in the 25 if not in the 20, by us being ranked alone yes it was an upset. but A&M didn't just lie down, they played the whole game from start to finish...it's like that old saying goes, i've seen them lose, i've seen them win, but i've never seen them quit....this wasn't a baylor fluke, this was a legitimate team that is underrated nationally

your such an idiot....even with the qb problems OU was ranked top ten and lost......that is an upset.....thats all i said.....half the crap your sayin i wasnt even getting at.......this game against clemson was an upset whether u want it to be or no.....number 17 losin to an unranked....it was not as big of an upset as OU but it was an upset and thats what i was getting at.....and this game just showed that the Reggie Mcneal Show cant win a game by himself......he needs a defense

AggieJohn
09-04-2005, 12:06 AM
your such an idiot....even with the qb problems OU was ranked top ten and lost......that is an upset.....thats all i said.....half the crap your sayin i wasnt even getting at.......this game against clemson was an upset whether u want it to be or no.....number 17 losin to an unranked....it was not as big of an upset as OU but it was an upset and thats what i was getting at.....and this game just showed that the Reggie Mcneal Show cant win a game by himself......he needs a defense and for the most part he had a defense, and as far as puttin stuff up that you weren't getting at, that's facts and facts present truth

systemofaflamer
09-04-2005, 12:07 AM
your such an idiot....even with the qb problems OU was ranked top ten and lost......that is an upset.....thats all i said.....half the crap your sayin i wasnt even getting at.......this game against clemson was an upset whether u want it to be or no.....number 17 losin to an unranked....it was not as big of an upset as OU but it was an upset and thats what i was getting at.....and this game just showed that the Reggie Mcneal Show cant win a game by himself......he needs a defense \

I'm only commenting on your comment about "the REGGIE MCNEAL show" as you call it. I guess you must have been watching another game, because if i recall correctly, jason carter AND courtney lewis had pretty nice games along w/ the offensive line (which did better than i thought).

BUT you are correct about the defense.

ro_tex_solja
09-04-2005, 12:07 AM
First of all its not that horrible of an upset, we were only 1 point favs.

I mean its not like we lost to ULL. Which we didnt have the luxury of playing this week.

And you wont be talking trash about our qb much longer when next year he's throwing bombs to your qb in the NFL. cause your guy has about as much of a chance of making it in the NFL as a qb as I do.

Face it Vince will be playing WR in the NFL, and Reggie will be throwin it to him.

im not even talkin about the NFL, your so stupid......with the expectations of A&M this year for them to lose to an unranked clemson team is a freakin upset....im not talkin about the nfl your so stupid......no one even said anything about comparing mcneal to young is that all u can say about this loss???? hahaha this is hilarious

ro_tex_solja
09-04-2005, 12:10 AM
\

I'm only commenting on your comment about "the REGGIE MCNEAL show" as you call it. I guess you must have been watching another game, because if i recall correctly, jason carter AND courtney lewis has pretty nice games along w/ the offensive line (which did better than i thought).

BUT you are correct about the defense.

im not even gonna lie...i predicted A&M to be the sleeper team this year......and maybe i was right......they havent woke up yet.....lol....hopefully they wont be sleeping against texas this year cuz it could get ugly this year......the UT defense is insane this year

JHS_c/o_06'
09-04-2005, 12:12 AM
Hey AJ.....great job on the UT vs ULL prediction.

and btw....the only game i want A&M to lose is against UT. Because i have former team mates playing for the Aggies. But yall really gotta step it up if yall want to contend this year.

big daddy russ
09-04-2005, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'

and btw....the only game i want A&M to lose is against UT. Because i have former team mates playing for the Aggies. But yall really gotta step it up if yall want to contend this year.
Get Red on the phone, tell him to slap the DB's for me.

big daddy russ
09-04-2005, 12:26 AM
im not even talkin about the NFL, your so stupid......im not talkin about the nfl your so stupid......
Do you know him? Have you seen his report cards? His SAT's? What about his IQ test? Exactly how stupid is he, solja? Come on, tell us how you really feel.

IHStangFan
09-04-2005, 12:27 AM
your such an idiot....even with the qb problems OU was ranked top ten and lost......that is an upset.....thats all i said.....half the crap your sayin i wasnt even getting at.......this game against clemson was an upset whether u want it to be or no.....number 17 losin to an unranked....it was not as big of an upset as OU but it was an upset and thats what i was getting at.....and this game just showed that the Reggie Mcneal Show cant win a game by himself......he needs a defense first off...werent you the guy crying to pirate44 not 2 hours ago about someone calling you an idiot?? i wont call you an idiot, but i'll call you a hypocrite. but enjoy your "poke fun at the Aggies" time while it lasts, cause UT is goin up against Ohio State next week, and it wont be easy. But then again, even if the Horns get beat, i'll be you that most Aggie fans will have more class then to kick UT/you while theyre down. Aggies have a good team this year and will do good things.

AggieJohn
09-04-2005, 12:30 AM

once a red***, always a red***

AggieJohn
09-04-2005, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Do you know him? Have you seen his report cards? His SAT's? What about his IQ test? Exactly how stupid is he, solja? Come on, tell us how you really feel.

i personally know this guy, he's my best friend, in fact he's going to be my best man in my wedding....i know he's no dunce, he's aobut to graduate in may with 2 degrees from U of H, both in history and in spanish...he also was in most of the honors classes that i was in high school if not more....he's been a stand up character alll along, has helped raise his parents 9 and 7 year old children, often staying home to spend time with them because he cares for them, rather than going out on a sat. night, he has also preached a few times in our home church growing up....he's a stand up guy, and if you have a problem with him, you better address it too me son

JHS_c/o_06'
09-04-2005, 12:35 AM
But then again, even if the Horns get beat, i'll be you that most Aggie fans will have more class then to kick UT/you while theyre down. Aggies have a good team this year and will do good things.

Your always gonna have your group of classy fans/rivals.....and the people who just hate the other team no matter what. Like i said, i want the aggies to win every game except for the when they play UT(cause thats where im going) and Tech (cause i have family that goes there). But you've got your group of ppl like AJ, who loves to stir up crap, knocks us at every chance, and hopes we lose every game. Your always gonna have aggies who do that, and your also always gonna have longhorns who do the same thing. But it makes no sense to want the other team involved in a rivalry to lose every game they play. A rivalry is between two teams. You want them to lose the rival game, not every game they play. Thats just childish.

IHStangFan
09-04-2005, 12:38 AM
Your always gonna have your group of classy fans/rivals.....and the people who just hate the other team no matter what. Like i said, i want the aggies to win every game except for the when they play UT(cause thats where im going) and Tech (cause i have family that goes there). But you've got your group of ppl like AJ, who loves to stir up crap, knocks us at every chance, and hopes we lose every game. Your always gonna have aggies who do that, and your also always gonna have longhorns who do the same thing. But it makes no sense to want the other team involved in a rivalry to lose every game they play. A rivalry is between two teams. You want them to lose the rival game, not every game they play. Thats just childish. preach it brother! and i think the UT/A&M game this year will be alot better than some are giving credit for. UT should thank both A&M and OU for their performances today...just makes their case for the Big 12 championship that much stronger. The season will tell though. Good luck to ALL of the Big 12.

AggieJohn
09-04-2005, 12:41 AM
A rivalry is between two teams. You want them to lose the rival game, not every game they play. Thats just childish.

looking into my A&M handbook, you know that thing they give you the first day of classes, we are suppossed to have a undying hate for texas. it's just a fun jab we like to have. get over it

now why is it wrong for me to hate texas every game they play, are you saying that if we go into the thanksgiving day game that i should hope that texas has won every game leading up too that game.....i hope they lose at ohio state, i hope that tech suprises them, i hope that OU creams them and makes it a six pack....that makes a possible(and i mean very unlikely) loss to t.u. not as bad of a loss as it would be if we had even records going into the game.....

ILS1
09-04-2005, 12:52 AM
I'm gonna be nice and say "Nice game Aggies".

:D :D

ro_tex_solja
09-04-2005, 01:23 AM
[he's a stand up guy, and if you have a problem with him, you better address it too me son [/B][/QUOTE]

aww dude im soooooooo scared.......he was comparing mcneal to young i was simply stating that i loved the upsets today and i think its funny that A&M got did

District303aPastPlayer
09-04-2005, 04:01 AM
looking into my A&M handbook, you know that thing they give you the first day of classes, we are suppossed to have a undying hate for texas. it's just a fun jab we like to have. get over it

now why is it wrong for me to hate texas every game they play, are you saying that if we go into the thanksgiving day game that i should hope that texas has won every game leading up too that game.....i hope they lose at ohio state, i hope that tech suprises them, i hope that OU creams them and makes it a six pack....that makes a possible(and i mean very unlikely) loss to t.u. not as bad of a loss as it would be if we had even records going into the game.....

but you are an islander now... not an aggie... your rival is now A&M-K in basketball and should soon be UTSA as part of the SLC

MARLINDOGS
09-04-2005, 07:09 AM
Aggies played a good game.:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

HighSchool Fan
09-04-2005, 08:41 AM
that sorta stuff only happens in Austin, when after a huge victory all the cattle run in fear.

atleast austin knows a thing or 2 about a big victory.

JasperDog94
09-04-2005, 09:10 AM
Wow KTJ. How in the world could you predict Clemson by 1 over A&M?:eek: You are such a hater.;) ;)

HighSchool Fan
09-04-2005, 09:24 AM
if you have a problem with him, you better address it too me son

that's the funniest thing i've ever seen posted here. if it takes explayer to stand up for someone else, that doesn't say much about the other person.

Pmoney
09-04-2005, 11:12 AM
KTJ you almost had the exact score...Good prediction:clap:

slyder
09-04-2005, 11:23 AM
tu played a team that didn't even have a home and they still made them play. i can already see the writing on the wall..because of high gas prices tu will not be able to make the trip to ohio and get there teeth kicked in by ohio state. just like 3 years ago when they were afraid to play hawaii and said they couldn't afford the gas. this year they will finally beat ou but too bad ohio state will knock them out of the top 10 this year. play a worthy opponent..and before you talk smack about tamu playing texas state, florida state backed out

HighSchool Fan
09-04-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by slyder
tu played a team that didn't even have a home and they still made them play. i can already see the writing on the wall..because of high gas prices tu will not be able to make the trip to ohio and get there teeth kicked in by ohio state. just like 3 years ago when they were afraid to play hawaii and said they couldn't afford the gas. this year they will finally beat ou but too bad ohio state will knock them out of the top 10 this year. play a worthy opponent..and before you talk smack about tamu playing texas state, florida state backed out

http://www.smilieland.com/graphics/Baby_schreiend.gif

Gobbla2001
09-04-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by slyder

Ohio State won't knock UT out of the top ten if they win, they are rated 2 and Ohio State is rated 6th, that would just push the Horns back in the top ten...

They didn't make the team play... heck, that team practiced all week on their own practice field... some may have lost homes in New Orleans and may have family members injured, but they're about 2 hours West of New Orleans, they had high winds I believe...

The worthy opponent is coming up this week... there are waiting lists in college football to begin with, you can just call up a team and say "Hey I wanna play you in about 6 months"... more like 4 years...

The only way that schools like the one they played yesterday can ever get BCS/Bowl Game attention is to play top ranked teams and hope to do well against them...

Also, not every top college program in the nation can play each other, I'm pretty sure that #1, there's an odd number of them and #2, they may have been good when you scheduled them 4 years ago but they may stink now...

ULL was prolly the only team that UT could find worthy enough to schedule... and even if they did schedule them so that they could have atleast one weak opponent, can you blame them? You've gotta run the table during the regular season to be considered for the championship game...

Anyhoo, I hope Tammy does well this year, I really do... and if they win the championship I'll be happy for 'em and all of that jazz... one's thing's for certain, I'm not gunna take it out on the neighbor down the road if UbeforetheT doesn't do so well...

ro_tex_solja
09-04-2005, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by slyder
tu played a team that didn't even have a home and they still made them play. i can already see the writing on the wall..because of high gas prices tu will not be able to make the trip to ohio and get there teeth kicked in by ohio state. just like 3 years ago when they were afraid to play hawaii and said they couldn't afford the gas. this year they will finally beat ou but too bad ohio state will knock them out of the top 10 this year. play a worthy opponent..and before you talk smack about tamu playing texas state, florida state backed out [/QUOTE

so u have nothing better to do than talk about texas gettin beat by ohio state already......u better hope A&M can get their heads on straight or its gonna be a long hilarious year...your an idiot about the hawaii thing.....were they gonna drive all the way to hawaii or what is your point because idk if u know this but um they cant drive all the way to hawaii.....lol

ro_tex_solja
09-04-2005, 01:25 PM
ohio state is gonna make it a really good game and if UT loses they will not drop out of the top 10 so idk what your talking about...your dumb.....if UT loses a close one to ohio state people still cant make fun of the longhorns as bad as people could about the aggies losing to clemson......haha

ro_tex_solja
09-04-2005, 01:27 PM

after the aggies HEARTBREAKING loss to clemson im pretty sure he has the right to have the aggies wherever he wants.....

ro_tex_solja
09-04-2005, 01:29 PM
why do aggie fans have to whine if they're not picked to win by someone?? you guys need to get some thicker skin.

yeah thats what im saying for real........u think maybe the reason no one has them picked to win is because of the way they played yesterday???? i think thats a possibility

Gobbla2001
09-04-2005, 01:30 PM
Also, it's not like Texas went out and said "Let's find a week team and play them..."

More than likely ULL requested the game... you can usually tell by who the home team is... It's like a deal... "You let us play you, we'll come to your house..."

Now I know that ULL does not have the biggest stadium in the world, 31k capacity, but that's big enough to hold ULL's fans... if not, they could have gotten the independence bowl for the night, 55k capacity, without a problem...

The fact is that these teams want to play the big names... The coach and players feel that they can do well against them, help get recognition, help the school grow more, get better athletes etc... coming in...

Look at Houston... Art Briles comes in and hits the jack-pot by scheduling Miami and other big schools...

ro_tex_solja
09-04-2005, 01:31 PM
that's the funniest thing i've ever seen posted here. if it takes explayer to stand up for someone else, that doesn't say much about the other person.

hey highschoolfan please help me out dude.....he is sounding scary on the INTERNET i hope he doesnt cyber hit me........

Gobbla2001
09-04-2005, 01:32 PM
He's not an idiot... this is not with this discussion is about...

He feels UT schedules weaker teams to make up for a not so good team and some of us feel otherwise...

ro_tex_solja
09-04-2005, 01:34 PM
for real no matter who u are your gonna have teams playing sorry teams because the sorry teams just want the chance to play against a top ranked team even if they get did......atleast were not playin texas state......lol....i still cant believe they are playin them and its counting for their record...A&M would be better off having an intersquad game against their 3rd stringers....they would be getting better from that than texas state

aggie
09-04-2005, 01:46 PM
for real no matter who u are your gonna have teams playing sorry teams because the sorry teams just want the chance to play against a top ranked team even if they get did......atleast were not playin texas state......lol....i still cant believe they are playin them and its counting for their record...A&M would be better off having an intersquad game against their 3rd stringers....they would be getting better from that than texas state

a&m had florida state lined up for last year and this year, and when the acc expanded, they backed out of the game, so there weren't a lot of options left.

KTJ
09-04-2005, 02:16 PM
THIS POST WAS DELETED BY THE AUTHORITY OF THE GOVERNOR.

turbostud
09-04-2005, 02:42 PM

LOL, this is a very funny thread. The smack talk has already begun and its only one game into the college season. Im a UT fan and im not saying crap. Texas has two big games (OH st. and OU)to get through and it is not going to be easy. All you UT fans out there dont start with the smack talk. Its way to early for that.

systemofaflamer
09-04-2005, 02:43 PM

as with t.u. against LA/LAF, but i'm not in this argument.

Ranger05
09-04-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
LOL, this is a very funny thread. The smack talk has already begun and its only one game into the college season. Im a UT fan and im not saying crap. Texas has two big games (OH st. and OU)to get through and it is not going to be easy. All you UT fans out there dont start with the smack talk. Its way to early for that. I couldnt have said it better myself

systemofaflamer
09-04-2005, 02:48 PM

sorry but i'm a little late on this quote. Please don't say anything about this again, because if I recall, MOST longhorn fans have been whining since they have been picked a sleeper at the overrated rank of #2. Usually everyone is on t.u.'s nuts and it hasn't been that case this year besides the rank. I just think t.u. takes advantage of all the media love they get.

and don't get me wrong, i would be the last one whining about the aggies because im a realist. A&M played rather "different" last night. The game was actually rather weird, because A&M was bigger and suppossedly faster on defense yet they allowed them to run all over them. I guess all i can say is that A&M sucks in season openers.

Adidas410s
09-04-2005, 03:29 PM
i think UT covered the spread pretty nicely at 60-3....remind me how the ags with the great Coach Fran did again??? LOL!!! :clap:

Pmoney
09-04-2005, 04:10 PM
Vince will not play WR and Reggie will be a QB but is the same type of player as vince is but vince runs more and reggie throws it more....think about vick(same type of player as vince) hes a QB

mwynn05
09-04-2005, 04:59 PM
Poll Question

By how many points will UT beat Louisiana-Lafayette?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By 40 or more 38.48% 197
30-39 26.56% 136
20-29 21.88% 112
10-19 6.25% 32
Fewer than 9 1.17% 6
Upset? 5.66% 29

link: http://www.austin360.com/recreation/content/sports/college/hookem/index.html

a poll I found online.......I voted for 40+ im pretty sure it was a joke

bmbf_06
09-04-2005, 07:31 PM

Yeah i was really upset by this one.....A&M should have won--It was soooo close!!!

AggieJohn
09-04-2005, 09:23 PM
yeah i know, you think that i didn't honestly think that texas would lose this one, i'm might be beligerent and immature, but i'm not stupid

espn1
09-04-2005, 09:28 PM
After watching A&M's offense last night , I'll make an early prediction. Texas 42
A&M 14.

AggieJohn
09-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by espn1
After watching A&M's offense last night , I'll make an early prediction. Texas 42
A&M 14.
it's not a&m's offense that you have to worry about, it's their secondary that's in trouble

AggieJohn
09-04-2005, 09:52 PM

A&M had the hardest strength of schedule last year

IHStangFan
09-04-2005, 09:56 PM
yeah this is A&M's year... rofldgjkhdsaasdhgasdkjghkjagjsdahgklmao i'll be sure to get back to ya on your smart*ss comments after the UT/Ohio State game and after the UT/OU game. been hearing "this is UT's year" for YEARS now....which only begs one question...."where's the beef?"

IHStangFan
09-04-2005, 10:08 PM
it's not a&m's offense that you have to worry about, it's their secondary that's in trouble exactly...i'm wonderin which game he watched? O looked fine...it was the D that was suspect.

District303aPastPlayer
09-04-2005, 10:31 PM
most of us aren't idiots

hmmm:thinking: :thinking:

Adidas410s
09-04-2005, 10:57 PM
it's not a&m's offense that you have to worry about, it's their secondary that's in trouble

Except the part where Reggie starts out 3-3 and is all of a sudden 4-14 at halftime? With the exception of two drives in the 2nd half, their offense kept getting in their own way just as much as Clemson was.

systemofaflamer
09-04-2005, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Except the part where Reggie starts out 3-3 and is all of a sudden 4-14 at halftime? With the exception of two drives in the 2nd half, their offense kept getting in their own way just as much as Clemson was.

You must be MAD! I hope you are trying to beat around the bush and say that REGGIE is the entire team, cuz like the poster above you must have been watching another game. Jason Carter, Courtney Lewis, and their offensive line had quite the game for A&M. So please, come up w/ something besides REGGIE'S pass statistics, when talking about A&M's offense.

NHSRattler60
09-05-2005, 01:17 AM
Yeah....UT sure will have a problem with OU, because we know TCU did. Then again if OU can keep it's starters on the field long enough to play a full game, you never know.

Now as for UT and A&M, why don't we let the talking happen on the field and let the chips fall where they may folks.

Remember it's football, anyone can win, any time, any where.

I just hope it's a good game this year and A&M doesn't curl up into a ball like last year and barely squeeze by for a bowl game, then lose.

Adidas410s
09-05-2005, 01:18 AM
You must be MAD! I hope you are trying to beat around the bush and say that REGGIE is the entire team, cuz like the poster above you must have been watching another game. Jason Carter, Courtney Lewis, and their offensive line had quite the game for A&M. So please, come up w/ something besides REGGIE'S pass statistics, when talking about A&M's offense.

So would you like to discuss the 3 dropped passes on one drive in the 2nd quarter when they were driving down the field? And since when was 3 catches for 21 yards by Jason Carter impressive? He had 4 runs for a total of about 30 yards but the most impressive thing that he had was one nice kickoff return that accounted for roughly 60% of his return yards. Yes he had a great WR pass but THE TEAM didn't put it together as the WR dropped the ball.
You also must be talking about the same offensive line that was called for holding on multiple occassions to negate plays that were needed to build momentum for the Aggies at a very tough venue. Case in point...negating a courtney lewis run on the 1st drive down inside the 5 and instead A&M has to settle for a FG.

Yes their offense looked very good at times but Jason Carter (as tremendously talented as he is and as much praise as I typically give him) was NOT a huge factor in making plays other than his kickoff return that gave A&M the chance to go ahead in the game (possibly by 3 if the great Coach Fran would have tried going for 2 in the 4th) was NOT a primary factor in the success or lack their of for A&M last night.

For the record I am a UT fan first and will criticize them just as fast as I will praise the Aggies when they do well. I was at the OU and Tech games last year at Kyle Field and wanted nothing more than to see A&M win both of those games and I assure you that my preference to Texas has nothing do in my analysis of A&M. When the aggies aren't playing UT then I root for them in every game that they play. However, in this game they simply couldn't get out of their own way against a very mediocore Clemson defense.

Also, those who criticize the aggie defense must not remember that they held Clemson to 6FG's and only 1TD and allowed the A&M offense to have a shot to FINALLY redeem themselves after repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot with untimely turnovers and penalties.

ro_tex_solja
09-05-2005, 03:50 AM
i'll be sure to get back to ya on your smart*ss comments after the UT/Ohio State game and after the UT/OU game. been hearing "this is UT's year" for YEARS now....which only begs one question...."where's the beef?"

hey guess what genious?????even if, thats a really big if texas loses to ohio state guess what??? how can u really say anything about that, ohio state is ranked 6 and i got one question....what does all that stuff u just said have to do with a&m losing to clemson....not a dang thing....hey guess what, this is UT's year to win the big 12 and thats about it.......they wont win a national championship because usc is in a total different league with everyone but hopefully they will be playin in it still

IHStangFan
09-05-2005, 05:19 AM
hey guess what genious?????even if, thats a really big if texas loses to ohio state guess what??? how can u really say anything about that, ohio state is ranked 6 and i got one question....what does all that stuff u just said have to do with a&m losing to clemson....not a dang thing....hey guess what, this is UT's year to win the big 12 and thats about it.......they wont win a national championship because usc is in a total different league with everyone but hopefully they will be playin in it still of all people, at least you admit it, UT will not win a national championship. I hear it year after year from the UT loyal "this is our year" "this is Mack's year" "national champs" "beat OU" etc. and they havent got it done yet....which is sad/odd considering that UT has had the recruiting classes and talent for YEARS now to get it done. They field probably the most talented team in the land almost every week......if and when they beat Ohio State, then i'll start to believe the hype. #2? LOL...we'll see.

P.S.

you could use a little more cowbell.

TMer25
09-05-2005, 08:28 AM
of all people, at least you admit it, UT will not win a national championship. I hear it year after year from the UT loyal "this is our year" "this is Mack's year" "national champs" "beat OU" etc. and they havent got it done yet....which is sad/odd considering that UT has had the recruiting classes and talent for YEARS now to get it done. They field probably the most talented team in the land almost every week......if and when they beat Ohio State, then i'll start to believe the hype. #2? LOL...we'll see.

P.S.

you could use a little more cowbell.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say USC is pretty easily fielding the most talented team week to week.

HighSchool Fan
09-05-2005, 08:42 AM
from what everyone is saying here, i've realized the goals of ut and a&m are different. ut wants to and talks about winning a national championship, a&m wants to and only talks about beating ut. how come a&m doesn't set higher goals? maybe deep down they all know they're not that good.

LH Panther Mom
09-05-2005, 08:49 AM
i just don't understand how tech can be ranked above A&M, they have no one returning that has proven themselves in the big 12, no one!

Hmmm....Jarrett Hicks, Taurean Henderson, Danny Amendola, John Saldi. Do you need me to go on?

KTJ
09-05-2005, 10:26 AM
sorry but i'm a little late on this quote. Please don't say anything about this again, because if I recall, MOST longhorn fans have been whining since they have been picked a sleeper at the overrated rank of #2. Usually everyone is on t.u.'s nuts and it hasn't been that case this year besides the rank. I just think t.u. takes advantage of all the media love they get.

and don't get me wrong, i would be the last one whining about the aggies because im a realist. A&M played rather "different" last night. The game was actually rather weird, because A&M was bigger and suppossedly faster on defense yet they allowed them to run all over them. I guess all i can say is that A&M sucks in season openers.

I think you have to walk in our shoes before you can comment. We don't get media love--AT ALL. There is always someone commenting on how Mack hasn't won the big game or how this team needs to beat Oklahoma before it can be considered a legit NC contender. Sure, they ranked us #2 (which most--not all--Longhorns think it's a bit too high.) But with the BCS formula sucking like it does, you can't argue about it. Heck, look what happened to Auburn last year.

Are we overrated? It's tough to answer that. There are possibly 5-7 teams in the entire nation that should be ranked #2 and it just so happens to be us. The ranking could come back to bite us, but it could also help us get into another BCS game.

big daddy russ
09-05-2005, 11:00 AM
I saw the same thing, adidas. Reggie threw four horrible passes that would've been picked off by a better secondary (see Tennessee). He's lucky he only had one interception.

A&M really needs to pick it up if they want to compete in places like Lubbock and Norman. They had control of the game early but let it slip away. Towards the fourth quarter, Clemson started putting together more sustained drives and the A&M offense failed to take advantage of some key opportunities.

AggieJohn
09-05-2005, 12:29 PM
i really see Clemson being a UTAH this year, they will go really high and maybe not to a bcs game, but they'll do very very good this year

AggieJohn
09-05-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
We don't get media love--AT ALL.

yeah and i suppose mack going on tv crying so you could get into the rose bowl last year was just a passionate coach

Bandera YaYa
09-05-2005, 12:46 PM
it's not a&m's offense that you have to worry about, it's their secondary that's in trouble I think YOU should worry about making another self-serving preview that ended up shooting youself in your foot.....and mouth...... :p :flamingma

HighSchool Fan
09-05-2005, 12:52 PM
yeah and i suppose mack going on tv crying so you could get into the rose bowl last year was just a passionate coach

so your assuming that he's a crybaby, i guess you could be right, you have more knowledge of that than anyone else here.

be sure and thank dennis f for losing that game saturday for a&m. any good coach goes for 2.

LH Panther Mom
09-05-2005, 12:55 PM

:confused: Is that what got them in the Rose Bowl? Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I remember that game, he did prove that they belonged there.

ro_tex_solja
09-05-2005, 12:56 PM
holy mess aggiejohn just whines about everything...its crazy i thought u had to be atleast 13 to be on here.......lol

ro_tex_solja
09-05-2005, 12:56 PM

hey atleast we will have the chance to go to the rose bowl this year......yeah wassup u dont know what to say now

AggieJohn
09-05-2005, 02:16 PM
so your assuming that he's a crybaby, i guess you could be right, you have more knowledge of that than anyone else here.

be sure and thank dennis f for losing that game saturday for a&m. any good coach goes for 2.

i wouldn't of gone for 2 there either

AggieJohn
09-05-2005, 02:16 PM
and you should reduce your estrogen level by a factor of 3

AggieJohn
09-05-2005, 02:19 PM
there was still plenty of time left for the defense to make a stop and the offense to make a drive down the field

HighSchool Fan
09-05-2005, 02:46 PM

and not surprising, you would of lost also

Tackle75
09-05-2005, 05:57 PM
first of all the guy that said i was an idiot, well no comment. dont need to .

but honestly do you think Vince has a real future in the NFL as a qb. he may be as athletic as Vick. Which he is.
but as far as arm strength, i'd say hes not even close.

Vick has an incredible arm. Vince's arm is very questionable.

we'll see, but id say right now, Vince has a better chance at making a career out of WR.

look at Matt Jones, hes gonna be a great WR, and he was a stellar qb.

Tackle75
09-05-2005, 05:59 PM
hey aggiejohn. You my boy. appreciate you catchin my back

Bandera YaYa
09-05-2005, 07:17 PM
and you should reduce your estrogen level by a factor of 3 Uh my estrogen level is just fine, thanks for the concern.....but how's yours???????? :hand::p

KTJ
09-05-2005, 07:49 PM
i really see Clemson being a UTAH this year, they will go really high and maybe not to a bcs game, but they'll do very very good this year

You do realize that Clemson is in the ACC and won't even sniff the ACC Championship Game with FSU, Miami, VT, and GT in the conference....right?

Clemson = Oklahoma State

IHStangFan
09-05-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
You do realize that Clemson is in the ACC and won't even sniff the ACC Championship Game with FSU, Miami, VT, and GT in the conference....right?

Clemson = Oklahoma State nice anology......i agree...Clemson is like OSU.....a good team, capable of upsetting a big dog, but not on the par of the rest of the teams in the conf. If Clemson was in a diff. conf. then maybe so...but not in the ACC.

KTJ
09-05-2005, 07:55 PM
nice anology......i agree...Clemson is like OSU.....a good team, capable of upsetting a big dog, but not on the par of the rest of the teams in the conf. If Clemson was in a diff. conf. then maybe so...but not in the ACC.

Agreed.

AggieJohn
09-05-2005, 09:12 PM
while i see the OSU comparison, i think that we will still be very suprised before this is over with that team

IHStangFan
09-05-2005, 09:53 PM
while i see the OSU comparison, i think that we will still be very suprised before this is over with that team on the flip-side of what is expected....it is possible. all in all, i think this IS going to be an exciting year in football...in that.....I really dont think its going to end up as expected, i think this IS the year for a Dark Horse to sneak in there and suprise some people...and w/ the exception of USC who is in a league of their own...(BUT seem to actually have a few weak spots in their armor compared to the last few years) there are alot of teams out there who have the potential to compete. I think by the end of the seasons....the polls wont look ANYTHING like they did to start the season....

AggieJohn
09-05-2005, 10:56 PM
the polls wont look ANYTHING like they did to start the season.... that's for dang sure

AggieJohn
09-06-2005, 12:25 AM
Positives:
- After a slow start in the 1st qtr, the offensive line had a good game. We racked up a ton of rushing yards, and Reggie was not sacked a single time.
- Our run game looked much improved from last season. Even though Courtney failed to pick up 100, between him, Reggie, Alexander, and Carter, the running game was effective.
- The defensive line looked great. It seemed to me that Clemson's success on the ground was all at the expense of our linebackers. Whenever Clemson lined up and tried to cram it down our throats (such as in the red zone, it went for no gain. However, on misdirections and plays were backs bounced to the outside, our linebackers missed a lot of tackles.
- Other than Marquis Carpenter (who I thought played a bit soft at times), Newton and Gorrer looked extremely good at the corner position.
- Finally,our kickoff return and coverage units looked improved, especially the return unit. I want to give Jason Carter props, but the blocking was extremely good as well.

Negatives:
- Reggie had a decent game, but between his less than crisp passing and our receivers having the dropsies, our passing game was really handcuffed.
- The linebacker play was awful. However, this is the one area where we return all of our starters, so we know these guys can play better than they did.
- Special teams were still awful. Brantly did not impress me punting, and Bean looked awful on kickoffs (I do not see how he beat out Neumann when in the spring Neumann was booting them through the endzone). Furthermore, the punt coverage was pathetic on the play they scored. It was not even a simple case of a bunch of missed tackles...there wasn't even anyone there.

Overall thoughts:
- Despite the thoughts of some, I was actually pleased with the line play. This looks like a team strength. I give an extra nod to Yemi Babalola and Chris Harrington.
- I also liked the way in which Jason Carter was utilized...it seemed more like he was back in his A-back role Fran originally designated for him. I think this opens up possibilities and increases stress on defensive coordinators.
- I was disappointed in the lack of use of our tight ends. Not only did Bennett only come in for a few snaps, but other than the intercepted pass to Boone, I cannot think of single pass attempted to any of our tight ends.
- I think the big key was the conservative play calling on our last position. Instead of ending the game, we handed the momentum right back to Clemson.

All in all, I think there were a lot of positives to take from the game, despite the score. The lack of offensive production lost the game, plain and simple. In reality, if you subtract the 7 points our special teams gave up, and the 3 points Reggie ultimately gave up due to his interception, our defense allowed 15 points on the road with no otuchdowns allowed. I will take that any day. Our offense should allow us to win any game in which our defense can match that.

The good news is, while it hurts the chances of playing in the Rose Bowl (for those Ags who were already buying tickets to Pasadena), an opening game non-conference loss should not have any other real bearing on our ptential season within the Big XII. Most likely, all three of the top teams in the south will enter conference play with 1 loss. However, conference play is what really matters, and we now have three home games in a row that should give us ample time to tune up our weak spots and get our younger plays more seasoning.

The season is far from over doomsayers. It has really just begun.

"The road goes on forever and the party never ends..." - Robert Earl Keen

GreenMonster
09-06-2005, 12:47 AM
Coach Fran choked on this one. I'm not saying that the Aggies WOULD have made the 2 pt conversion but the fact that they didn't even try is a disgrace. A 2 pt loss with guns blazing is so much better than a 1 pt loss with bullets still in the gun.

AggieJohn
09-06-2005, 01:13 AM
more and more i'm thinking about it, he should of gone for the two.....your prolly right on that issue

GreenMonster
09-06-2005, 02:40 AM
more and more i'm thinking about it, he should of gone for the two.....your prolly right on that issue
I know, but thanks for confirming my rightness :D

AggieJohn
09-06-2005, 07:02 AM
I know, but thanks for confirming my rightness :D
i know, but i think alot of people in college station were probably like me going, what what, ok but you better be sure fran when he didn't go for 2

WoodvilleFan
09-06-2005, 08:33 AM

All in all, I think there were a lot of positives to take from the game, despite the score. The lack of offensive production lost the game, plain and simple. In reality, if you subtract the 7 points our special teams gave up, and the 3 points Reggie ultimately gave up due to his interception, our defense allowed 15 points on the road with no otuchdowns allowed. I will take that any day. Our offense should allow us to win any game in which our defense can match that.

"The road goes on forever and the party never ends..." - Robert Earl Keen

This was a good game that was exciting to watch (except for ABC's special report). A game is four quarters not one or two plays. A&M had 60 minutes to make the plays to win the game. Clemson had 60 minutes to make plays to win the game.

In reality you can't subtract the 7 points or the interception and Clemson can't say what if we scored from the 1 and 2 yard lines. A&M has a good team that will have a good record. I get tired of hearing the if's (not just from Aggies).

AggieBob
09-06-2005, 08:43 AM

Talked to wilson the other day john and he made me look at fran's desicion like this: there where 9 minutes left in the game at that time, the momentum was on our side and we were likely to get the ball back again. by going for 1 it puts us up by two. Fran was probably expecting another great drive and score thus putting us up by 9 and icing the game. if we had missed the 2 pt conversion and scored the game would still be in reach as we would be up by 8. I also really dont think fran would be stupid enough to just let somthing like going for two slip his mind, he' too good at what he does. The loss of the game occured when clemson took us 3 and out on our next chance with the ball. Props to the clemson D for stepping up when it mattered...though im still bitter

vet93
09-06-2005, 09:09 AM
I see what you are saying but I don't buy the logic. In a football game....you can never be too careful in regards to points.....there were no guarantees that we would have scored again. Assuming that we would score again was a great miscalculation....and you know what happens when people assume.

Originally posted by AggieBob
Talked to wilson the other day john and he made me look at fran's desicion like this: there where 9 minutes left in the game at that time, the momentum was on our side and we were likely to get the ball back again. by going for 1 it puts us up by two. Fran was probably expecting another great drive and score thus putting us up by 9 and icing the game. if we had missed the 2 pt conversion and scored the game would still be in reach as we would be up by 8. I also really dont think fran would be stupid enough to just let somthing like going for two slip his mind, he' too good at what he does. The loss of the game occured when clemson took us 3 and out on our next chance with the ball. Props to the clemson D for stepping up when it mattered...though im still bitter

big daddy russ
09-06-2005, 10:31 AM
I agree with Fran on the two-point conversion. Most teams don't start going for two until halfway through the fourth and I say take the points you can when you can. You don't want to kill yourself that EARLY (and yes, nine minutes is a lot of time) in the game. In a game that close keep taking the gimmes and keep your team in the game. A&M's offense lost that game for them, not Fran's call on the extra point.

Say all you want about Fran, but I like the call. Everyone can play Monday Morning QB, but not everyone gets paid six digits to do it on Saturdays.

slyder
09-06-2005, 01:00 PM
the reference to the gas price ro-tex, is that 3 years ago hawaii was scheduled to play t.u. in hawaii. hawaii had a good offense and had a lot of weapons. at the last minute t.u. backed out because, they could not afford the fuel to fly over there or so they say. if you were so educated about everything then you would know that. your age really shows when you post. no need to call anyone an idiot. no beef with you gobbla just adding my to cents about all the horns that come out of the wood work when a&m loses. i am not on here to start trouble with people. maybe we will have some beverages at t-fest

Jody
09-06-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
THIS POST WAS DELETED BY THE AUTHORITY OF THE GOVERNOR.

I am not sure about Gabriel, but every other UT person blows..... :D

Go Aggies!

Tackle75
09-06-2005, 03:13 PM
A&M's offense didnt lose that game, their defense did.

The defense has all the talent in the world, but they just struggle with late game situations.

Maybe Torbush should go back and study how to protect a lead late in the 4th quarter. This guy did it last year against baylor, when all they did was pass, pass, pass in the final minutes of the game, and won.

Our defense will get better, I know, but we dont have Sammy Davis Jr. covering people anymore, you cannot just blitz. blitz, blitz, and not give any help to the secondary.

big daddy russ
09-06-2005, 03:26 PM

The defense has all the talent in the world, but they just struggle with late game situations.

Maybe Torbush should go back and study how to protect a lead late in the 4th quarter. This guy did it last year against baylor, when all they did was pass, pass, pass in the final minutes of the game, and won.

Our defense will get better, I know, but we dont have Sammy Davis Jr. covering people anymore, you cannot just blitz. blitz, blitz, and not give any help to the secondary.
That's the best way to contain Whitehurst. He's not the toughest QB mentally, and a couple of incomplete passes aren't what shook him up last year. We blitzed him hard and got to him early and often, and that's what you have to do with this guy. He's not a great pocket passer and if you have someone that can catch up with him on the outside and just be in his face all the time he begins to make mistakes. We could've put another DB into the game but with Whitehurst feeling good about himself I don't think it would've done much good. He can pick apart nickel coverages. Just look at the Wake Forest and Miami games last year.

lostaussie
09-06-2005, 03:42 PM
Coach Fran choked on this one. I'm not saying that the Aggies WOULD have made the 2 pt conversion but the fact that they didn't even try is a disgrace. A 2 pt loss with guns blazing is so much better than a 1 pt loss with bullets still in the gun. no this is not a disgrace. a disgrace is the way some new orleans residents acted during a national tradgedy. this was a football GAME where a coach made a bad decision. lets keep everything in perspective.

NHSRattler60
09-06-2005, 05:37 PM
Yes.....go Aggies....go get a better defense.

ro_tex_solja
09-06-2005, 05:48 PM

if a&m wanted to they could blame the coach for an idiotic call of not goin for 2

AggieJohn
09-08-2005, 08:22 AM
if a&m wanted to they could blame the coach for an idiotic call of not goin for 2 apparently you haven't read the whole thread rook

LH Panther Mom
09-08-2005, 08:23 AM
This game was played almost a week ago. We're moving on now. :)