PDA

View Full Version : The New Orleans tragedy turned fiasco...

KTJ
09-01-2005, 04:32 PM
Here's what we know.

1.) Over 50,000+ refugees are being move to Texas--Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and now possibly Austin and Ft. Worth.

2.) The Superdome has to definitely be evacuated per the Governor of Louisiana. (Rumor also has it that the Superdome may have to be demolished.)

3.) NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN NOLA. People are everywhere, the cops have no control, Martial Law is now in effect and thousands are restless.

4.) Disease is about to be everywhere. The water is contaminated with dead bodies, gasoline, drugs, animals, rotting human waste, etc.

5.) This keeps getting worse by the day.

:(

sinton66
09-01-2005, 04:35 PM
And now, they have morons shooting at the rescuers.

Pmoney
09-01-2005, 04:36 PM
its sad to see the bad of some people in our world

pirate4state
09-01-2005, 04:40 PM
Unbelievable that this is happening in our country!! :weeping: :weeping:

AP Panther Fan
09-01-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Unbelievable that this is happening in our country!! :weeping: :weeping:

At lunch they were showing the NO Convention Center...people are dying there on the sidewalks!:eek:

No food, no water, no shelter, no medical assistance....:(

lepfan
09-01-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
And now, they have morons shooting at the rescuers.

I hate to wish bad upon people, but ya know an alligator in the right place would be fitting.:rolleyes: :thinking:

espn1
09-01-2005, 05:17 PM
You better not judge them until you've walked in their shoes.

AggieJohn
09-01-2005, 05:19 PM
basically it's our own little slice of the middle east

Supertilley
09-01-2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
basically it's our own little slice of the middle east

Yeah insted of the gazza strip, it could be the bourbon strip!

99IHSMustang
09-01-2005, 06:33 PM
It is devastating to see what is going on over there, but at the same time when you see people looting and shooting at rescuers it makes you realize what this world has come to

lepfan
09-01-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by espn1
You better not judge them until you've walked in their shoes.

I am talking about the ones who are shooting at the helpers...I am not sure I see any justification in that. Trust me I DO NOT want to walk in their shoes. You do what you have to do to survive...but come on...shooting at the rescue workers. I totally understand those who are going in and getting food, water, and basic need items....BUT...what good is a plasma TV gonna do you? There is no need in that.

lepfan
09-01-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
It is devastating to see what is going on over there, but at the same time when you see people looting and shooting at rescuers it makes you realize what this world has come to

An analogy to some happenings in Rev.

sinfan75
09-01-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by espn1
You better not judge them until you've walked in their shoes. I'll agree with that.

sinfan75
09-01-2005, 09:39 PM
except for the ones takin the perishible items. food yes. tvs and the like no.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-01-2005, 09:43 PM
they dont realize that N.O. is gone, otherwise they be trying to get out of there instead of looting and waiting for the city to go back to normal and have all these items they have stolen.

sahen
09-01-2005, 09:49 PM
waht about the wackos sniping the hospitals as they try to evacuate?....im sry but those people should be shot....they think that they are gonna be able to do what they want and control the city forever iguess.....they mustve forgot our army can take care of that...

sinfan75
09-01-2005, 09:53 PM
As far as takin too long to get aid to the people trapped? You try and figure out how to get roughly 40,000or so people rations in a city thats 85% covered in muck in what everone wants is one day.

sahen
09-01-2005, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
As far as takin too long to get aid to the people trapped? You try and figure out how to get roughly 40,000or so people rations in a city thats 85% covered in muck in what everone wants is one day.
yah...im tired of the media complaining about it...and now they turning it into a political thing saying that a republican president just wasnt worried about it since it was mainly low-income black people...i mean come on surely they can't think that, im sure he is doing just as good as any president would try to do, one thing most presidents have had in common no matter their political affiliation is that they try to help out in time of crisis to the best of their ability......this is a 3 state area, 500,000 people displaced in new orleans alone...that is a massive area size and huge numbers of people...u cant just rescue, feed, evacuate, and now protect all those people from looters w/o any problems.....

99IHSMustang
09-01-2005, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by sahen
yah...im tired of the media complaining about it...and now they turning it into a political thing saying that a republican president just wasnt worried about it since it was mainly low-income black people...i mean come on surely they can't think that, im sure he is doing just as good as any president would try to do, one thing most presidents have had in common no matter their political affiliation is that they try to help out in time of crisis to the best of their ability......this is a 3 state area, 500,000 people displaced in new orleans alone...that is a massive area size and huge numbers of people...u cant just rescue, feed, evacuate, and now protect all those people from looters w/o any problems.....

That is when the sharp shooters should come in!

turbostud
09-01-2005, 10:11 PM
I feel for those people trapped in NOLA but if it were me I would have gotten out 2-3 days before the hurricane hit.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-01-2005, 10:16 PM
The Law should be change to If its a mandatory evacuation u have no rights to stay, u have to leave or be forced out. If this was the case they wouldnt have to be going thru this instead they be trying to drain the place and get to rebuilding it.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-01-2005, 10:24 PM
These people coming into Texas have no were to go this means we take them in and they are here to stay. Do you think they want to go back to nothing? This means more job-less people in Texas, more well-fare, meaning higher taxes for the working man that has been here all his, or her life!
This is a said situation for those people, but it will now effect many others!

sahen
09-01-2005, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
The Law should be change to If its a mandatory evacuation u have no rights to stay, u have to leave or be forced out. If this was the case they wouldnt have to be going thru this instead they be trying to drain the place and get to rebuilding it.
most of the people that stayed didnt have the means to leave or the ability....that is the problem w/ evacuating a large city like new orleans.....even if u provide a means for these people to evacuate it would cost billions of dollars (trans. and shelters) adn the storm could change paths because u would have to start the evacuation about a week beforehand.....it really isnt feesible to expect everyone to leave....it is feesible to expect people to not act like renegades in an a state ruled by anarcy...those people should be shot down so they could rescue the people that are left and get on w/ their lives and draining the city....

sahen
09-01-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
These people coming into Texas have no were to go this means we take them in and they are here to stay. Do you think they want to go back to nothing? This means more job-less people in Texas, more well-fare, meaning higher taxes for the working man that has been here all his, or her life!

hopefully most of the buisnesses in new orleans will rebuild/restart sicne they already own land there and all....this would mean most people could go back to their old jobs....they might not have a house but they would have a job, for the most part they wont have a job here.....however, u are right about some of the people...sadly that will happen....

turbostud
09-01-2005, 10:27 PM

It will effect the teachers in the Houston area. More students equals more stress for the TAKS.

99IHSMustang
09-01-2005, 10:35 PM
This is just the beginning. Where do you think the water that is polluted with waste is going to be pumped? The Gulf of Mexico.. the salinity in the Gulf is not strong enough to break down all that waste. Fish and sea life will be affected. It's scary to even think about. From what scientists have said it will take at least 2 years for the Ocean to rebound from the pollutants that are in the Gulf area.

KTJ
09-01-2005, 10:51 PM
It's not a black thing--it's a socio-economic thing.

Poor people don't have the means to get anywhere. You could have warned them 3 weeks in advance and they wouldn't have left. It's pretty hard to leave when you have no means.

I'm starting to blame the government officials. Did they not have any plans if something like this were to happen, which it did? :confused:

sahen
09-01-2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
It's not a black thing--it's a socio-economic thing.

Poor people don't have the means to get anywhere. You could have warned them 3 weeks in advance and they wouldn't have left. It's pretty hard to leave when you have no means.

I'm starting to blame the government officials. Did they not have any plans if something like this were to happen, which it did? :confused:
if u wouldve said that New Orleans was gonan be completely destroyed 3 weeks ago people would have laughed.....it'd be like telling someone that 3/4ths of Houston would be decimated in 3 weeks....it is kinda impossible to have a perfect plan for a disaster on this large of a scale....

lepfan
09-01-2005, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
I feel for those people trapped in NOLA but if it were me I would have gotten out 2-3 days before the hurricane hit.
Most who stayed were the lower income who did not have the resources to get out. I am sure there were many who wanted to leave, but could not because they either did not have the cash or the means of transportation.

lepfan
09-01-2005, 11:21 PM
This means more job-less people in Texas, more well-fare, meaning higher taxes for the working man that has been here all his, or her life!

Put yourself in their shoes...wouldn't you want to go someplace where you were not looked at as a burden. Yes it will be felt my many, but they deserve a chance to start over...be it at their old town or the new one where they 'land'. I am sure some will not be able to afford the trip back to their "home land" after they are dropped off. We all need to pray for the victims as well as those that will be affected down the line...I have always been told to not pray for patience...but we all need to have them. I can't even imagine their pain

KTJ
09-01-2005, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by sahen
if u wouldve said that New Orleans was gonan be completely destroyed 3 weeks ago people would have laughed.....it'd be like telling someone that 3/4ths of Houston would be decimated in 3 weeks....it is kinda impossible to have a perfect plan for a disaster on this large of a scale....

No one said a perfect plan--but any type of DECENT plan would have worked. And that is what NOLA didn't have because they all thought it would never happened.